Smart phones while waiting in line....

Do you use a smart phone while waiting in line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Is it wrong to be on a smart phone while waiting in line for a ride?

This is pretty much the new cool, or has been since Apple released the IPhone, but is it right?

Developers put a lot of time any money in designing a lot of the queues to put you in the right frame of mind before experiencing the attraction. But, waiting 40 minutes can get pretty boring pretty quick.

Do smart phones take away from the magic or can they honestly improve it?

Do they belong in your pocket once you flash your fast pass return or do you think they are great time wasters?

Jimmy Thick- Above the law.

belledream

Personally I don't even bring my phone to the parks. We just rely on my husband's while I let mine die of battery in the safety deposit box. :hilarious: I never want to be connected to the real world while I'm on vacation, but I can also understand some people need to be connected or want to be entertained in a non-Disney way.

We just love talking and taking in the sights and sounds while we wait. All the Facebook/Instagram can wait. :p

epcotisbest

Personally I don't even bring my phone to the parks. We just rely on my husband's while I let mine die of battery in the safety deposit box. :hilarious: I never want to be connected to the real world while I'm on vacation, but I can also understand some people need to be connected or want to be entertained in a non-Disney way.

We just love talking and taking in the sights and sounds while we wait. All the Facebook/Instagram can wait. :p
I am with you. We absolutely do not take a phone in the parks with us, and don't plan to. The stupid phone is one of the things we enjoy getting away from.

Jimmy Thick - Who?

danitaytay

Actually, our favorite thing to do on the lines was play Heads Up on my iPhone, especially the Disney deck. I think 50 or so other people along the course of our trip asked us what we were playing and downloaded it.
I mean, if every family member has their face in their phone it kind of takes away from the whole meaning of a family vacation, but to each his own I guess. We as a family try not to let the cell phone use get crazy on vacation so we're focusing on spending time with each other.

Herdman

I think they are going to make the parks to the point where you have to have one. Between using it to keep track of existing FP's or ADR's, as well as making new ones, it might become a necessity. I try to be on mine as little as possible while in a line with a good pre-show. I wouldn't think of getting mine out while Rod Serling is on the TV. :)

PhotoDave219

Is it wrong to be on a smart phone while waiting in line for a ride?

This is pretty much the new cool, or has been since Apple released the IPhone, but is it right?

Developers put a lot of time any money in designing a lot of the queues to put you in the right frame of mind before experiencing the attraction. But, waiting 40 minutes can get pretty boring pretty quick.

Do smart phones take away from the magic or can they honestly improve it?

Do they belong in your pocket once you flash your fast pass return or do you think they are great time wasters?

Jimmy Thick- Above the law.

I'd say no, its not wrong to be on a smart phone. That gives people a chance to try and book Dining Reservations (if there are any left), make additional fast pass reservations day-of (if there are any left), upload photos, and do humble brags on social media.

I think they someone detract from the experience but then again, waiting for an hour for an attraction severely detracts from the experience as well.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The resident bell end, trolling for poll hits. Suppose even the thickest need online validatation, especially when playing as a Uni exec doesn't take....

Jimmy Thick- Never fails to live up to the surname.
SO glad I'm not the only one who remembers that pathetic attempt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom