Small World Disneyland vs. Small World WDW

Small World Disneyland or Small World WDW?

• Disneyland SW

Votes: 74 74.7%
  • WDW SW

Votes: 25 25.3%

• Total voters

danyoung56

Magic Kingdom wins by default since Disneyland got rid of “it’s a small world” 10 years ago.

Not sure where you're getting your information from, or if you're just trying to incite trouble, but Disneyland's iasw is doing just fine. And as far as the vote, another one for DL's version. The insides of both versions are more or less the same (and the addition of characters into DL's ride is a non-starter for me). But the exterior of DL's version is far superior to the WDW one.

SirWillow

Magic Kingdom wins by default since Disneyland got rid of “it’s a small world” 10 years ago.

I think many have missed your attempt at sarcasm/ humor. lazyboy is saying DL got rid of it 10 years ago equating the addition of the Disney characters to it as having removed the ride.

Now that the explanation is done, I also have to disagree with lazyboy- and others- who for some mysterious reason think WDW's version is better. Because the queue is covered? it doesn't need to be in CA and it is so much more impressive, animated, and fun than the pale shadow that is WDW's entry. Paris has also absolutely blown away WDW's version, but that's a whole nother discussion.

But this isn't even a close contest.

Animaniac93-98

I think many have missed your attempt at sarcasm/ humor. lazyboy is saying DL got rid of it 10 years ago equating the addition of the Disney characters to it as having removed the ride.

Now that the explanation is done, I also have to disagree with lazyboy- and others- who for some mysterious reason think WDW's version is better. Because the queue is covered? it doesn't need to be in CA and it is so much more impressive, animated, and fun than the pale shadow that is WDW's entry. Paris has also absolutely blown away WDW's version, but that's a whole nother discussion.

But this isn't even a close contest.

Besides my dislike of the characters, I also prefer the look of the flooded sets and separate rooms for WDW version. I think the staging is better in scenes like Africa and I prefer the design of the finale. DLR also has that awful looking American scene instead of the larger rainforest in Florida.

DLR looks better on the outside and I like the holiday version, but those are the only things I like better.

Fox&Hound

DL all the way- the outdoor queue and shrubbery- just incredible. =) And I like the addition of the characters too....

Now, when WDW moves it's IASW to Epcot, maybe they can add these changes =)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Disneyland 100000 percent has the better outdoor start to it and facade. But WDW has the larger, flooded rooms and no distracting Disney characters.

PorterRedkey

Maybe.. I know MK Has some "new" effects and all..Disneyland i don't think has them. I will say this may be another..tie.
I could also maybe say H.M. is better at MK Although DL version is fine...but it doesn't have some of the effects MK has
DL’s Jungle Cruise does not have the temple. This is my favorite part of the whole ride and it is completely missing at DL. So even though DL’s version has the cool piranha effect, WDW’s is tops.

Mickey5150

WDW has the better People Movers. As far as IASW, the facade is better in DL, the river is better in the MK, the characters are better in DL with the new additions, and the final room is better in the MK. This one is a tie for me because I feel they didn't screw up either one, they're just different.

iMax

I know Small World is the main topic but since others rides have been brought up.....

DL Wins With:
POTC
Space
IASW
Teacups
Tom Sawyer Island
New Orleans Square
Rivers of America
NOT HAVING MISI
QSR's
Main Street Projections
Fantasmic
World of Color
Paint the Night

WDW Wins With:
Splash
Pooh
Buzz
TSR's
Festival of Fantasy
World Showcase
Animal Kingdom

Ties:
Mansion (DL's exterior wins)
BTM
Indy/Dinosaur (i like both)
JC
Tower/GotG (hate freefall rides, but both rides are good)
Fireworks (I like both Dreams & Happily Ever After)

Ok I got out of hand for mentioning non-castle park stuff but I could on about DL vs. WDW

justintheharris

with the exception of Splash and Big Thunder.....EVERYTHING is better at DL And that's just a fact..
Unless we are talking attractions unique to each resort.....IE Everest and Matterhorn. Cant compare....Or SSE which well, there is only 1.
I don't even think THAT is the case. Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain are still better in Disneyland (Although I think we have a better Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan... hardly headliner attractions)

N2dru

I will say this...the exterior and outside loading at Disneyland is more impressive along with the topiaries but prefer WDW's flooded rooms more. Splash and Haunted Mansion is better in FL. The exterior of DL's HM looks like any house in the south whereas WDW's mansion is much more foreboding and menacing looking. And Space Mountain has a better coaster layout( ie actual drops and tighter turns) in FL but smoother track and better effects at DL. Winnie the Pooh has the edge in FL...bouncing and blistery day scenes are better. Pirates queue in FL is vastly superior though DL ride portion is longer. However most of that is spent in caverns, the bayou and a too long shoot out scene and chugging up the upramp. Honestly after the waterfalls DL is VERY similar to WDW until the arsenal scene. WDW's Caribbean port sets the mood much better for me then New Orleans. And yes I know pirates were in the Louisiana's swamps but an attraction named Pirates of the Caribbean fits a little more thematically in a Caribbean fort then a Louisiana manor house. IJS

Last edited:

mccgavin

On the topic of Pooh, I think DL does more with less space. Although it doesn't follow the sequence in the movie, the dream scene makes more sense in the ride after the rain scene, and serves as a better climax. Disneyland also has a longer dream sequence and overall has a better flow to it. WDW's version has some scenes that overstay their welcome (particularly the Tigger one), and just feels less focused and cohesive overall. It may just be a matter of preference, but I think the DL version is a bit better.

Sharon&Susan

On the topic of Pooh, I think DL does more with less space. Although it doesn't follow the sequence in the movie, the dream scene makes more sense in the ride after the rain scene, and serves as a better climax. Disneyland also has a longer dream sequence and overall has a better flow to it. WDW's version has some scenes that overstay their welcome (particularly the Tigger one), and just feels less focused and cohesive overall. It may just be a matter of preference, but I think the DL version is a bit better.
Both Poohs are pretty bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom