Small suspicious package at AKL-Jambo

Billy6

Original Poster
Arrived for my annual trip this morning..7 days at Kidani Village....We went over to the Mara and had lunch and after went up to Zawadi Marketplace for a look see. Over where the Lion is behind the cash register there were 3 cast members and a Security CM lined up as if to create a barrier around a bag that was left on the floor. I heard the Security CM say it had been there for over an hour. Two security suits came about 10 minutes after I noticed what was going on. They took the bag outside and apparently had it looked over by a dog. A few minutes later they were headed to the front desk with the bag, and the Security CM stopped and mentioned that we had seen a "better safe than sorry" situation.....Welcome home!

BTW: it was a large camera, carry on type bag that looked a bit overstuffed...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Arrived for my annual trip this morning..7 days at Kidani Village....We went over to the Mara and had lunch and after went up to Zawadi Marketplace for a look see. Over where the Lion is behind the cash register there were 3 cast members and a Security CM lined up as if to create a barrier around a bag that was left on the floor. I heard the Security CM say it had been there for over an hour. Two security suits came about 10 minutes after I noticed what was going on. They took the bag outside and apparently had it looked over by a dog. A few minutes later they were headed to the front desk with the bag, and the Security CM stopped and mentioned that we had seen a "better safe than sorry" situation.....Welcome home!

BTW: it was a large camera, carry on type bag that looked a bit overstuffed...
It happens quite frequently unfortunately. Disney is very serious about left packages, and they do have their own K9 teams and security details to check this stuff out.

Have a great trip!

Billy6

Original Poster
Thank you..and I am sure it wasn't the first and won't be the last. They seemed really calm and coordinated about it.

.....and first post on the new system, BTW....have to get used to it, but liking it...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thank you..and I am sure it wasn't the first and won't be the last. They seemed really calm and coordinated about it.

.....and first post on the new system, BTW....have to get used to it, but liking it...
Yep they get a lot of practice at dealing with it. You should see it happen in a park - they have to mark off a large area, and of course all the guests want to know what is going on.

Welcome to the new forums! I see you have been around for a long time - hope once you get used to the new forum you will like it more than ever.

captainkidd

It happens quite frequently unfortunately. Disney is very serious about left packages, and they do have their own K9 teams and security details to check this stuff out.

True, but I don't think the K9 takes his job very seriously. This picture was taken just seconds after giving everything the A-OK:

pluto-disney.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It always reminds me of the King of the Hill episode where Hank leaves the cooked Thanksgiving turkey unattended at the airport terminal only to find it being remotely blown to smithereens on the tarmac later!

captainkidd

It always reminds me of the King of the Hill episode where Hank leaves the cooked Thanksgiving turkey unattended at the airport terminal only to find it being remotely blown to smithereens on the tarmac later!

That was the best episode ever. Dale gets in to the SUV to get out of the rain, and when he steps out, Nancy and John Redcorn pop their heads out from the way back.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom