Slinky Dog Dash vs Test Track

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
toy-story-slinky-dog-ride-16x9.jpg

test-track-presented-by-chevrolet-00.jpg

BlakeW39

I'd really like to see Test Track replaced at EPCOT as an aside. I don't hate it but they could do much better things with the space. And why did 2.0 ever happen again?

Chef Mickey

Test Track used to be a great ride. Now, it seems more like a Chevy advert with no real point to the ride.

The original concept of LEARNING about how cars are tested was vastly superior and fit the EPCOT theme.

DonniePeverley

Test Track used to be a great ride. Now, it seems more like a Chevy advert with no real point to the ride.

The original concept of LEARNING about how cars are tested was vastly superior and fit the EPCOT theme.

At the risk of rummaging through 2000 odd pages on this forum - why did they actually make Test Track an actual worst attraction than the original incarnation ?

A brief synopsis will do.

Centauri Space Station

At the risk of rummaging through 2000 odd pages on this forum - why did they actually make Test Track an actual worst attraction than the original incarnation ?

A brief synopsis will do.

It fits Epcot more and hides the infrastructure far better than in 1.0 so it doesn’t look like an open warehouse. It lets guest be more creative and learn about the design process and has an actual post show and not just a giant showroom with one little off to the side exhibit. It’s also far more aesthetically pleasing

Chef Mickey

It fits Epcot more and hides the infrastructure far better than in 1.0 so it doesn’t look like an open warehouse. It lets guest be more creative and learn about the design process and has an actual post show and not just a giant showroom with one little off to the side exhibit. It’s also far more aesthetically pleasing
Totally disagree. It’s terrible now and the design process is a complete beating after once. Then, nothing works from the design when you’re on the ride.

DisneyFanatic12

Totally disagree. It’s terrible now and the design process is a complete beating after once. Then, nothing works from the design when you’re on the ride.
I don’t know the reasoning, but I think it has something to do with Chevrolet wanting to showcase their cars as “high tech” and what not. LOVED the old Test Track, but in the world of cars, people want the newest and best. 2.0 makes it (from a 2010s lense) seem like Chevrolet is technologically advanced and thus makes their brand more enticing for the consumer. On the other hand, nothing was “newer or better” with the testing and car design processes in 1.0.

I think 2.0 was made to showcase their cars through the 2010 lense, when everyone wanted “high-tech” cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom