Slendid China theme park?

Figment632

Original Poster
Well its a little slow today at the office so I was viewing some sat images of WDW when I came across Splendid China Theme Park right next to WDW. i have never heard of it, it is closed now bit was open for 10 years.

Here is a link http://www.lostparks.com/china.html

Have you ever been here, what was it like, and do you have any stories?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I went there when I was 12... all I remember was that I didn't like the chinese food (seriously)

disney4life2008

You know, Kissimmee back in the day was GREAT. While it was in no way compared to WDW - the other things that existed along Irlo Bronson was great. I used to love Old Town and going to the Carnival games and shopping. But that area has changed a lot - more updated. When I have a car, I still enjoy driving through Kissimmee.

I still have brochures from Splendid China, never went there but it did look interesting, competing with WDW has got to be murder though. YEAH, there plenty of great things in Kissimmee, Old Town is cool, they stil have car shows every weekend I believe.

EpcotServo

I can tell you the Best Outback Steakhouse in the world is still in the plaza right on the corner of the road that leads too it.

:lol: :D

sarasmile

That looks cool!! It neat that the guard let that guy in to take pictures. I would love to be able to go roam around an old dilapidated theme park.

Hi I also went to Splendid China, it was pretty cool but when I went it looked like they were no longer taking care of the park. Things were closing etc. The tours around the area were pretty cool though. Too bad they couldn't keep up with it. The replicas of the wall were awesome too. :( It's pretty sad. My Dad don't live to far from there and when I visit him we pass the back of the park and you can see vandles got hold of it and destroyed alot of stuff :(.
Very sad....:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom