Sleeping Chair at AKL?

MrsPrice96

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hello,
So- we are going to be traveling as 5 adults and I am wondering if my 6'5" son would fit in the sleeping chair? I seriously doubt it but wanted to ask before I assume. Goin got try a DVC but finding it hard to fit 5 adults, 3 of which are over 6' and 2 are couples. Would like to branch out and try something new but not spend all my dough on the room. We are a rope drop to close group but want a comfortable place to stay. Thanks. :)

Club Cooloholic

Hello,
So- we are going to be traveling as 5 adults and I am wondering if my 6'5" son would fit in the sleeping chair? I seriously doubt it but wanted to ask before I assume. Goin got try a DVC but finding it hard to fit 5 adults, 3 of which are over 6' and 2 are couples. Would like to branch out and try something new but not spend all my dough on the room. We are a rope drop to close group but want a comfortable place to stay. Thanks. :)
6'5 is hard to get comfortable in a regular twin let alone a fold out sleeper. That said, I don't think the length is really all that different from the fold out couch, it is more the width. And there might be an ottoman you can put at the end to give a little more length. If you are going a few nights should not be an issue but longer than that...eh might be better off with an air mattress.
Pic I found of one..

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
My youngest chooses the sleeper chair at Kidani or Bay Lake over the sleeper sofa. He is tall, about 6ft 1, but he’s also skinny as anything. If he sleeps in one position he should be fine. My son tends to toss about but as I say he’s slim enough to do so comfortably.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
It’s certainly not ideal! Are you trying to fit in a 1 bedroom? If you aren’t DVC members I wonder if you’d be better off with a Family Suite at All Star Music if it’s open or else AoA.

MrsPrice96

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Does the ottoman part connect to the chair? Wouldn't want it to move around. We have stayed at the AoA family suites before and have booked 2 rooms at Pop. We are not DVC members but wanted to possibly go through DVC reservations to try a different experience. It will be an 8 night trip so comfort is important.

Mike730

Hello,

FYI Old Key West studios have 2 real queen beds as opposed to 1 queen and 1 Double pullout like most others. That may help you be more comfortable. Plus they're one of the largest studios on property.

cmwade77

FYI Old Key West studios have 2 real queen beds as opposed to 1 queen and 1 Double pullout like most others. That may help you be more comfortable. Plus they're one of the largest studios on property.
Not to mention Olivia's had the best fried chicken, just go at dinner time and sub the included potatoes out for Olivia's potatoes for the best meal ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom