News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

shortstop

The bright blue doesn’t seem to stand out as much from a distance, which I like. It seems like the closer you get to the castle, the more detail you’ll notice in the coloring of the bricks and the roof. I’m tentatively pleasantly surprised - I’ll reserve final judgment until I see it in person.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 373178

I think it was some fall-proofing measure. So glad to see them gone!

Oh those were removed before the 60th Anniversary. And yes, it was a big improvement.

I’ve also noticed is that that the highest gold finial was replaced a while ago with this shorter one that is there now. I wonder why they did that, the original was taller and more ornate.

Donaldfan1934

View attachment 373178

Those gilded swirled railings were actually removed for the 60th. What wasn’t removed, however, were the gilded swirled bands around the turrets on the main roof that were also leftovers from the 50th. This is surprising since the concept art suggested they would finally be removed.
0279949E-FDFE-40C7-AF74-0D5376D54563.png

While I find this change or lack thereof to be a somewhat disappointing, I’m very pleased with the final product overall. It’s a more refined version of the color schemes that were used on the castle pre-50th.

Nland316

Those gilded swirled railings were actually removed for the 60th. What wasn’t removed, however, were the gilded swirled bands around the turrets on the main roof that were also leftovers from the 50th. This is surprising since the concept art suggested they would finally be removed.
When those are removed in the year 2075, I will be able to rest easy.

sponono88

View attachment 373178

I may be wrong but I think that was also used for some of the laser equipment installed for RDCT. I remember seeing lasers shoot out of there for the Star Wars sequence. Perhaps they reconfigured the lasers and now they shoot out of a different location? Hopefully they weren’t removed altogether.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom