News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

Ismael Flores

You guys looking at the same picture I am? It looks like it is ready for Halloween.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-21-at-12.15.42-PM-650x433.png

that would look so cool as a projection if the Halloween parties were still at Disneyland and not DCA. A decaying look like this would also be cool for Carthay theater with bugs creeping out for the Oogie halloween events

Last edited:

D.Silentu

The sparkles are gaudy, which I had hoped would be the kind of thing they saved for anniversaries only. Yet, I can see myself acclimating to them and I'm glad the sixtieth decorations are gone. The thing that might bother me when I visit is if there is sun glare from the new towers, as there seems to be in the most recent picture.

Practical Pig

The "pixie dust" was mentioned all the way back in January and looked much more understated in the concept art. :/

it's starting to seem to me now that they have interpreted the forced-perspective painted gradations and the "pixie dust" addition in an overly heavy-handed application. In theatrical terms, it seems to be trying hard to project itself to the back balcony of a large proscenium theater (or to the Main Street Train Station), as opposed to an intimate studio theater (the Hub).

But we still haven't seen all of it, the photos are not a naked-eye view, and I'll reserve a final final opinion to seeing it in person.

Practical Pig

Does this help?

castillo_bella_durmiente_disneyland.png

You know? Not really. I see the light and dark blue shingle treatment we see in the photos, meant to project the texture to more distant eyes, and blowing it up, there are some murky shadow base notes under that. But I don't see any bright white, star-shaped sparkles rendered. Maybe it's my eyes. I know one of them now perceives the world at a higher Kelvin rating than the other.

But thanks. :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom