News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

Rich T

I really like the new colors which I was really hesitant about. Looks like we had other things to worry about, meet those “sparkles” 😓
Bowsersparkles.jpg

Ismael Flores

I'm really hoping that during this major refurb they took into account the Holiday shows and added LED lighting hidden in the roofing.

I would love to not have to see all the Christmas wiring on the Castle. integrated LEDs would make the visual look so much more amazing. Also hoping that they have come up with another way to add the icycles.

Now if only they would do the same to IASW, a big refurb to the facade that would integrate LED lights instead of having to cover the whole facade with light strings

Donaldfan1934

Overall, I think Sleeping Beauty Castle is going to look better than ever, but like many others here, I have mixed feelings on the sparkles. I’m sure they’ll look great when lit up at night, but they shouldn’t be visible during the day. It makes them look like an anniversary decoration.

britain

I could get on board with the sparkles if upon closer inspection they are like randomly gilded/bejewelled shingles. If they are just stars painted on the blue shingles? That seems wrong. It's hard to tell from these pictures.

Disney Analyst

I could get on board with the sparkles if upon closer inspection they are like randomly gilded/bejewelled shingles. If they are just stars painted on the blue shingles? That seems wrong. It's hard to tell from these pictures.

I've zoomed in on photos posted on the site that can't be named, and they do appear to be on top of the singles, not painted on.

Edit to add:

I like how it looks from here also.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

So far so good.

I guess I'd say I'm ambivalent about the roof sparkles. Certainly they are an unnecessary addition for a building with the iconic stature of DL's Sleeping Beauty Castle, but somehow they're not as distracting as Tinkerbell's clothesline zip-line wrecking the vistas in the background. My eyes immediately go to it in every photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom