News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

Woodsman

I’m wondering how it could possibly take longer than another two weeks to finish the castle exterior, considering:

• based on photos from early february, the stone base was already painted with its new base coat.
  • based on photos of the front AND back of the castle from last week, the top pink part of the castle also already has its new paint job.
  • based on photos from last week as well, the new turret roofs have already been installed on the top tiers, and for the crane to access the lower ones, the scaffolding is going to have to be removed. Once the start working their way down with the scaffolding, that’s basically it right?

... also, gonna be there the first weekend of April, so hoping...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm really torn on the blue. Part of me really likes the color but there is another part of me that feels like the roofs shouldn't be so vivid. Time will tell though.

Does anybody know if the leftover 50th decorations are being removed? And are there any 60th decorations left or were those completely removed?

SoCal sun will fade that quickly .

VJ

I thought it looked pretty good last week when I saw it in person. Also, on a side note, seeing the workmen up on the scaffolding really helps me appreciate how well the forced perspective works.
is it just me or does the castle look really tiny until you see people on it? then you realize just how big it is

SuddenStorm

The blue is definitely closer to the proper paint job, vs the teal that was there before. Here's the best photo of the castle in the early days I've been able to find, taken on Kodachrome so the colors are accurate:

And since the Asian parks are often a better representation of what Disneyland is supposed to be than the actual Disneyland, here's a photo of Hong Kong's old castle, the blue looks pretty close to what's being put on Anaheim's castle:

Of course, it's worth noting that whenever Kim Irvine gets her hands on something iconic inside Disneyland, it usually comes out worse than it was before- so while I'm optimistic about this project, gonna wait till the scrims and scaffolding come down before I praise it.

britain

I like that old dark grout between the gray stones!
The blue is definitely closer to the proper paint job, vs the teal that was there before. Here's the best photo of the castle in the early days I've been able to find, taken on Kodachrome so the colors are accurate:

View attachment 357765

And since the Asian parks are often a better representation of what Disneyland is supposed to be than the actual Disneyland, here's a photo of Hong Kong's old castle, the blue looks pretty close to what's being put on Anaheim's castle:

View attachment 357766

Of course, it's worth noting that whenever Kim Irvine gets her hands on something iconic inside Disneyland, it usually comes out worse than it was before- so while I'm optimistic about this project, gonna wait till the scrims and scaffolding come down before I praise it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just got back from the Land on Monday night, the scrims were up the whole time I was there (5 days). I did peak through the fence though, there was a tiny gap between the slots, just big enough to see something but not to take a pictures. Anyway, it looked that there was a lot of torn up concrete stuff in the area in front of the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom