News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

Touchdown

Dumb freshman girl in my Western Civilization course said she prefers Walt Disney World because they have a bigger castle. Ridiculous.

Disneyland Park is better then the Magic Kingdom

However, Walt Disney World is better then the Disneyland Resort; the combination of 3 other parks, 2 water parks and better restaurants overcomes MK’s defects to pull ahead.

Phroobar

Disneyland Park is better then the Magic Kingdom

However, Walt Disney World is better then the Disneyland Resort; the combination of 3 other parks, 2 water parks and better restaurants overcomes MK’s defects to pull ahead.
source.gif

Curious Constance

Disneyland park is always gonna be better than Magic Kindgom but there is no way that the DLR resort can ever beat the WDW resort. Look at DTD, it’s completely lame at the DLR. And also at the DLR there is nothing scenic beyond the parks at all. No bodies of water, not many trees. No sprawling, beautiful resort like hotels. Just degenerates selling fidget spinners and homeless people peeing at the bus stop.

shortstop

Disneyland park is always gonna be better than Magic Kindgom but there is no way that the DLR resort can ever beat the WDW resort. Look at DTD, it’s completely lame at the DLR. And also at the DLR there is nothing scenic beyond the parks at all. No bodies of water, not many trees. No sprawling, beautiful resort like hotels. Just degenerates selling fidget spinners and homeless people peeing at the bus stop.
But does WDW have Captain Kidd's? Didn't think so. Checkmate, Florida.

Disney Analyst

I go to theme for the theme parks. I have no interest in anything else at WDW except the actual parks themselves. The other offerings are of no concern to me.

I can’t imagine spending two weeks there and never leaving the property.

Agreed. You travel and stay on property at Disney World for the parks. If the parks are subpar,why bother? The level of attractions so spread out? Annoying.

shortstop

I go to theme for the theme parks. I have no interest in anything else at WDW except the actual parks themselves. The other offerings are of no concern to me.

I see your point, but WDW is a totally different animal. I’ve never done 2 weeks myself, but even if you’re there for the theme parks, there’s a ton of other stuff to see and to do. It’s sad and ironic that a WDW vacation has become something you need to hyper-plan (with pre-booking FPs and stuff) because the resort is best enjoyed leisurely and spontaneously, IMO. It’s a unique and addictive experience - that’s why many people are so ‘loyal’ to WDW.

Californian Elitist

I see your point, but WDW is a totally different animal. I’ve never done 2 weeks myself, but even if you’re there for the theme parks, there’s a ton of other stuff to see and to do. It’s sad and ironic that a WDW vacation has become something you need to hyper-plan (with pre-booking FPs and stuff) because the resort is best enjoyed leisurely and spontaneously, IMO. It’s a unique and addictive experience - that’s why many people are so ‘loyal’ to WDW.

For sure. I understand why it’s a draw for a lot of people, however I’m just not interested in the other stuff. I would be interested in exploring more of other parts of Florida itself, but not WDW.

Touchdown

Right now Disneyland has one night show, it’s a projection show Mon-Thur and fireworks Fri-Sat if and only if the winds are calm.

WDW has 6 night shows nightly, only one of which does not contain fireworks. Also WDW currently has the best show at the US parks (Happily Ever After.)

However, I’m at DL right now, and yesterday afternoon I arrived at approximately 3pm and after eating some Plazza chicken I walked to NOS and rode Pirates and HM back to back virtually walking on to the ride <10 min. It’s been a long time since I’ve done that in the afternoon at MK.

I was mearly comparing the resorts without taking ancillary stuff into account, that muddies things too much. Every Disney fan if they have the means should visit both resorts at least once and form their own opinion.

PS-I hate you jet lag for waking me up way to early.

Last edited:

Stevek

We spent 9 days there, never left WDW property and loved it. That being said, most of those 9 days were spent visiting the parks but we did take part of a day and visit some of the hotels on property so we could see the Christmas decorations. This was 2009 and we had our two young daughters with us. Part of the allure for us is staying immersed in that Disney bubble but I get it may not be for everyone.

Californian Elitist

We spent 9 days there, never left WDW property and loved it. That being said, most of those 9 days were spent visiting the parks but we did take part of a day and visit some of the hotels on property so we could see the Christmas decorations. This was 2009 and we had our two young daughters with us. Part of the allure for us is staying immersed in that Disney bubble but I get it may not be for everyone.

I love Christmas, so I actually would be interested in looking at the different decorations at the hotels if I were to go during that time.

Now that I’m thinking about it, I think the Disney bubble in Orlando doesn’t appeal to me partly because of my experience growing up in Los Angeles and the other part being my actual interests, which is a given. I did a lot of Disney things growing up, besides Disneyland. All of the Disney movies we saw as children were seen at the El Capitan, I went to a number of Walt Disney Studios events as a child, and sometimes would just be at the actual Studios themselves for no particular reason, wandering around campus, among other things. I’ve gotten a lot of Disney throughout my life, and while I still love and enjoy it, now as an adult, I want to explore more.

I like discovering/exploring and learning new things. When I travel, I don’t like to do the same things over and over again in the same city. So for me, if I were to go to Orlando, Paris, Hong Kong, or Tokyo, I of course would visit the parks, however I would also have to find time to actually explore the surroundings, travel through the cities, get to know the locals, and basically see something else. I enjoy culture, so there’s no way I would travel all the way to these different places, especially the different countries, just for Disney and then leave. I would feel my money would go to waste and I wouldn’t make good use of my time.

I love Disney, but now as an adult, I value other things above it. There’s so much else out there that I want to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom