Skyway station is starting to come down

RSoxNo1

Has it been confirmed that the skyway area will be used for part of the Space Mountain queue?

Confirmed? No.

But the patio behind the Skyway stations has always been reserved as overflow queue space for Space Mountain. The problem came when I needed to add FastPass to the queue. Because the FP entry was to the right of the Standby entry, they couldn't use the patio as overflow queue.

It's been long rumoeed that they have been able to get you a full game, until you hang out.

-Rob

When you needed to add Fastpass to the queue? Did you re-design the Space Mountain queue? What game are you talking about? Is this related to the interactive queue that we heard about?

mickey2008.1

Thanks for the great concept art. Its things like that that make this site so awesome. Any pictures of time keeper, because i dont remeber this item.

Skyway

Marni1971 - That second shot is awesome. Who made that photo/CAD blend? That sure was NOT from the 70's.

I assumed that second photos IS what the area looked like after SM was built. (Isn't it?) If not, it had to be very similar.

I certainly don't remember way back then, but even without an actual railroad station, the trains had to pass right by within view of Tomorrowland visitors, right? After all, the Power & Light Arcade was not added until the 90's, hiding that view of the railroad.

Timon

The 2nd photo is a photograph before the arcade was added. A 3D CAD model of the RR station addition was created from the 1st rendering and added to the photograph. The station was never built and was just grass and some Indy pavement. Awesome job by someone though - impressive. Not possible in the 70's to do photo realistic concept art on a photograph. The first image was the standard treatment for concepts up to the 90's.

Rob562

When you needed to add Fastpass to the queue? Did you re-design the Space Mountain queue? What game are you talking about? Is this related to the interactive queue that we heard about?

Wow. Note to self... Do not post to the forums after you've had a couple beers too many... Oops... :eek:

(That random "I" was probably a failed edit after I re-worded what I was saying. And I have absolutely NO clue what that final thought was supposed to be about... Game? Hang out? :shrug:)

-Rob

RSoxNo1

Wow. Note to self... Do not post to the forums after you've had a couple beers too many... Oops... :eek:

(That random "I" was probably a failed edit after I re-worded what I was saying. And I have absolutely NO clue what that final thought was supposed to be about... Game? Hang out? :shrug:)

-Rob

Well played good sir. Were their switchbacks in the old skyway building that allowed it to be easily used for an overflow queue? I just remember going up a ramp and that was it. The queue layout for Space Mountain is going to be very interesting (at least to me) when it re-opens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well played good sir. Were their switchbacks in the old skyway building that allowed it to be easily used for an overflow queue? I just remember going up a ramp and that was it. The queue layout for Space Mountain is going to be very interesting (at least to me) when it re-opens.
Yep - there was a ramp and stairs, both meeting at the same place, and a small switchback area beyond that on the side of the storage building;

Attachments

• Skyway top floorW.jpg
    Skyway top floorW.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 102

EPCOT Explorer

^^^ Good thought, that. The old (icky) sign is still in place, though...:(

Oh, and I saw them Demo a but more of it this past trip.:( So sad to see a 71 building go!:lol::eek:

Brian_WDW74

A lot of the signage is down like the placards of races and the car out front was not there last time . Maybe lost sponsor?

Yep. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway ended its sponsorship last year and all references to it were removed from the attraction. It's now back to its original name and is called the "Tomorrowland Speedway" instead of the "Tomorrowland Indy Speedway." :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom