Skippers Canteen No Reservations

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
Anyone know why I'm unable to make reservations for dinner here for September 9th 2018? Lunch is fine but absolutely nothing for dinner!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
There is likely a Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party that night and the park will close at 6 pm. You will need a party ticket to dine at Skipper’s Canteen for dinner (and those ADRs will be a separate booking category, “party dining”.)

FYI parties are usually held on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and are slated to begin the end of August.

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
Thanks for the help! If they know they're going to have the event on that night anyway (as they clearly do because they've blocked reservations), why not just announce it and have tickets on sale already?

Probably a silly question, but it seems more sensible to me!

ELG13

Thanks for the help! If they know they're going to have the event on that night anyway (as they clearly do because they've blocked reservations), why not just announce it and have tickets on sale already?

Probably a silly question, but it seems more sensible to me!
I had the same issue also and once I check the park times...closes at 6. I'm like you. If you have to hours booked out, why not release the dates? I imagine there are plenty of people who try and don't have forums and seasoned Disney goers to help them out.

ynahtebwdw

Original Poster
And now every time I try to make a reservation I get a pop up saying that there's been an issue booking it...if they're going to have a system that forces you to choose where you're going to eat 180 days in advance at least have it working :(

ELG13

And now every time I try to make a reservation I get a pop up saying that there's been an issue booking it...if they're going to have a system that forces you to choose where you're going to eat 180 days in advance at least have it working :(
It's been funny for me. When I went to book for 6 at whispering canyon it would show no availability....and then I'd try again and it was would show 3 reservation times...I thought I had accidentally picked 5 people so I tried it with 6 again, no availability, tried it again with 6, 3 reservations.

crxbrett

The site and app were all wonky for me last week, too. On the day I was 180 away I noticed the app was allpwing me to book reservations a full week later, but on the site only the first 3 days for my trip were open for booking. Which was odd. And I also was able to book all of my reservations except for Skipper Canteens on that day. I was eventually able to a few days later, though.

Both the site and app have been acting up a lot this past week for me. But I suppose that's the norm isn't it? 😂😅

slappy magoo

The site's been very wonky for quite a while now. It's not just any one of us here.

But yeah, the MK restaurants all seem to be closing at 3pm or so on the days that Not So Scary is going on. When you're on the site looking up restaurants, before plugging in the time you want a reservation, look at their operating hours, and if they're only showing Lunch (or Breakfast and Lunch) hours, then it's a party night.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
But yeah, the MK restaurants all seem to be closing at 3pm or so on the days that Not So Scary is going on. When you're on the site looking up restaurants, before plugging in the time you want a reservation, look at their operating hours, and if they're only showing Lunch (or Breakfast and Lunch) hours, then it's a party night.
To further clarify, the restaurants will end ADRs early for day guests. There will be dinner ADR options for those with party tickets, which will be a separate booking category.

slappy magoo

To further clarify, the restaurants will end ADRs early for day guests. There will be dinner ADR options for those with party tickets, which will be a separate booking category.
Yes thanks but actually that brings up another question because I just bought my family NSSHP tickets. Where does one find that separate booking category to make dinner or very late lunch reservations?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yes thanks but actually that brings up another question because I just bought my family NSSHP tickets. Where does one find that separate booking category to make dinner or very late lunch reservations?
The options will be on the website when they are released. It usually takes some time after tickets go on sale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom