Skeleton pirates display at World of Disney side entrance replaced

WDWtraveler

Original Poster
Photos as of Wednesday, October 8, 2014. The skeleton pirates in jail at the side entrance of World of Disney at Downtown Disney have been completely removed and replaced with the following (pictures of both sides). Workers were still painting when the photos were taken. The skeleton at the ship's wheel outside the store entrance is still there.

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

celluloid

It was time. They came in at a time when the film was in hype. I thought they were already gone. It had been a long while since I had been in there. Honestly, they were really the creepiest thing Disney has ever let into the store or theme park to me.

sublimesting

Photos as of Wednesday, October 8, 2014. The skeleton pirates in jail at the side entrance of World of Disney at Downtown Disney have been completely removed and replaced with the following (pictures of both sides). Workers were still painting when the photos were taken. The skeleton at the ship's wheel outside the store entrance is still there.

View attachment 68827

View attachment 68826
They were painted like that in mid-September when we went.
I hate it.

JIMINYCR

BOOOOO ...at least be creative and put something in there thats worth looking at. That scene of stacked luggage waiting for a porter .... unappealing.

mouse_luv

The skeletons were there and working when we were at WoD around the 9th of Sept. This new set up is just boring.

Last edited:

sublimesting

The skeletons were there and working when we were at WoD around the 9th of Sept. This new set up is just boring.
We were there on the 18th and they were gone. Disney sure moves fast when its time to destroy something cool like that display, the Polynesian fountain, Maelstrom. But when it's time to build....don't get too excited for at least 5-6 years.

mouse_luv

We were there on the 18th and they were gone. Disney sure moves fast when its time to destroy something cool like that display, the Polynesian fountain, Maelstrom. But when it's time to build....don't get too excited for at least 5-6 years.

Walking into the Poly and not having the fountain there made me super depressed. Why Disney why!!! :arghh:

Polydweller

It's a store. It's simply the displays of a store front. The store windows are just like store windows anywhere, they are dressed to push the product they want to sell. Finally, it's not an attraction it's a store.

djkidkaz

I think you have to be careful putting stuff like the Pirates in a doorway where people are trying to enter and exit. It was a cool display but shouldn't have been in the doorway. Too many people stopping and taking pics and blocking the area.

kap91

Ok this is hilarious...I remember when they first installed it and everyone was complaining about how terrible and tacky it was. Now people complain about how tacky it is to be gone. Lol

sublimesting

It's a store. It's simply the displays of a store front. The store windows are just like store windows anywhere, they are dressed to push the product they want to sell. Finally, it's not an attraction it's a store.

So are you being sarcastic?

We aren't talking about store windows or pushing product. We're talking about a nifty display inside of the store that is now gone and replaced with something plain and boring. Furthermore, they still aren't pushing any product, displaying their wares or anything like that. They have just downgraded something that was cool and had some character to it into something that is blah. And I don't get your final sentence either: "Finally, it's not an attraction it's a store." So, all this time you've just been waiting for them to gut this display and get down to the business of selling things?! I mean it sounds like you've hated this display since it went up because it disrupted your shopping experience somehow.

I think you just don't like skeletons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom