Trip Report Sixth Sense - " I see a LOT of people" - a Max Trip Report - COMPLETED

2022-10-06 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - The Tree of Life (1).jpeg

Hello All
Welcome to my first trip report in almost 3 years.
I will spare you the usual sob story of how vacations were booked and cancelled due to - you know - that thing we do not like to talk about much anymore.

Above from Left to right we have Stephanie (DD) , Tricia (DW) and Cassie (DD) in the front row
And Jordan (SIL), me ( Max, Andrew, Drew, Clarence) and Shane.

The last trip for me and Tricia was Nov 2019 to Disneyland.
The entire group last went in Dec 2018 to WDW.

The 2018 trip was a celebration of Steph and Jordan being engaged (married on Oct 5, 2019)

This trip we have another engaged couple!!
E5313B16-7731-402F-B382-A6130D54B76A.jpeg

Shane popped the question in March 2022 and Cassie of course said yes!

Dates - Sunday Oct 2 - Sunday Oct 9
Stayed at the Dolphin - three separate rooms for the three couples

The title you ask?

Well six people went to WDW and arrived just a few days after a hurricane blew through - we thought crowds might dip - boy were we wrong!!

More to come - thanks for following

Max

RememberWhen

Day 4 cont’d

I have only met 2 Magicians in person - and both times it was in Canada - not at a Disney park
But that changed today!!

@Longers (Tracey) was vacationing from England with her husband Chris.
They were there for all of Ian and we had been communicating before and during their trip

We agreed to meet on Wed Oct 5 in Epcot at the GOG ride
We walked around for a bit together and then found a table in Morocco to sit and chat

It was a wonderful visit - they are great people - we talked about almost everything you could think of

The pictures are not the greatest because both spouses were taking them and we did not synch on which camera to look at!!!
View attachment 681681
and then we go silly
View attachment 681683

Tricia and I continued to explore World showcase - home sweet home!
View attachment 681685View attachment 681686View attachment 681688

And then I went into the apple orchard to get an apple tart and a cider flight
View attachment 681689

I liked the taste of the cider but was dissappointed with this
View attachment 681690

None of the ciders are actually from Canada!!
I went back in and asked why
The response was "well this is not really a Canadian food spot " but the CM did admit that all the beer were from Canada...

Be Nice Season 9 GIF by The Office
Conan Obrien This Is Unacceptable GIF by Team Coco

Max
Maybe Canada doesn’t have any good ciders?

Zipadeelady

Time to get your geek on!!
Oh My God Omg GIF by CBS

I agree that it is a good song for the ride

"one way or another, I'm going find you, I'm going getcha getcha" is pretty much what the Guardians are doing as they send the shuttles through the jump point to find the celestrial being Eson.

View attachment 681680

Other songs that are also good/sort of work:

Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears - Eson is pretty much trying to take over the galaxy??
I ran by Flock of Seagulls - Eson is running away from the GOG and your shuttle??

Songs that are harder to connect (for me) but are ok because they have a good beat:

September by Earth Wind and Fire
Conga by Miami Sound Machine
Disco Inferno by the Trammps (had to look that one up!)

Maybe there is something in lyrics that connects to the ride - if you know then please share

Max

Thanks for the incite.

Conga has got to be the worst. UGH

youngdeb

This is the best song choice I've heard of! I don't recall anyone else having it.

Time to get your geek on!!
Oh My God Omg GIF by CBS

I agree that it is a good song for the ride

"one way or another, I'm going find you, I'm going getcha getcha" is pretty much what the Guardians are doing as they send the shuttles through the jump point to find the celestrial being Eson.

View attachment 681680

Other songs that are also good/sort of work:

Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears for Fears - Eson is pretty much trying to take over the galaxy??
I ran by Flock of Seagulls - Eson is running away from the GOG and your shuttle??

Songs that are harder to connect (for me) but are ok because they have a good beat:

September by Earth Wind and Fire
Conga by Miami Sound Machine
Disco Inferno by the Trammps (had to look that one up!)

Maybe there is something in lyrics that connects to the ride - if you know then please share

Max

We were lucky to ride twice when we were there recently and had One Way or Another the first time and then September the second time. Both were great songs, but I enjoyed September more. Maybe it was because I really wanted to get that song, maybe it was because it was our second time riding it and had enjoyed it so much the first time!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
We were lucky to ride twice when we were there recently and had One Way or Another the first time and then September the second time. Both were great songs, but I enjoyed September more. Maybe it was because I really wanted to get that song, maybe it was because it was our second time riding it and had enjoyed it so much the first time!
We really wanted September too but did not get it - guess I have to go back!!!

Thanks for following along

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 - cont’d

We continue with T and Max going out for date night at the Flying Fish ( recommended by @Tuvalu ) and it was excellent

Started with a grilled romaine salad- never had one before and it was really good
5ADC605F-DC16-438A-90F9-D01921C2171A.jpeg

My entre was scallops and Tricia has salmon (her normal go to!)
7030A1DB-BD76-4044-AA73-42ECF2350C9A.jpeg
13EDBF54-8866-4D3A-81AC-04D835C9B2EC.jpeg

Our sever was Omar and he was amazing - he took his time to explain the menu - helped us with a wine selection
618733D2-620C-4ACF-BC24-147A5EBF9A40.jpeg
F2B35ED1-3034-4804-B8B2-B7797E177C2A.jpeg

We both enjoyed the food and the wine
48B95347-8890-4EBB-AB47-A47DFAE15D82.jpeg

I definitely recommend this restaurant!

We did a little shopping - might have gone into the Screen Door @wdisney9000 ! - and then back to the Dolphin

Early night - the heat and the walking and the busy of the parks caught up to use - asleep in the bed at 9pm

Old Man Cbc GIF by Run The Burbs

Max

PS - I now call on @stephmax975 and @MiniMax to tell the WDWMagic world what they did on Wednesday Oct 5!!

Last edited:

TMax

Day 3 - cont’d

We continue with T and Max going out for date night at the Flying Fish ( recommended by @Tuvalu ) and it was excellent

Started with a grilled romaine salad- never had one before and it was really good
View attachment 682021
View attachment 682016View attachment 682017

Our sever was Omar and he was amazing - he took his time to explain the menu - helped us with a wine selection
View attachment 682019View attachment 682020

View attachment 682018

We did a little shopping - might have gone into the Screen Door @wdisney9000 ! - and then back to the Dolphin

Early night - the heat and the walking and the busy of the parks caught up to use - asleep in the bed at 9pm

Max

PS - I now call on @stephmax975 and @MiniMax to tell the WDWMagic world what they did on Wednesday Oct 5!!
This is one of my new favourite places to eat.

Gay Hearts GIF

MiniMax

Jumping in for a quick summary of Shane and I's Wednesday. We went to Universal! I know it's not Disney so I'll keep it short and sweet ;)

Just some back story, Shane and I have both been to Universal before (seperately). His last trip was before Diagon Alley had opened (he think it was 2012 or 2013) so this was all going to be new for him. My last trip was in 2014 (I think?) so I had been to both sides of Harry Potter but had not seen Hagrid's motor bike adventure yet.

The two big rides that we were hoping to get on were Hagrid's motorbike and the Velocicoaster. Both were new for both of us (and I'm a huge Jurrasic park fan, specifically raptors). Some other must do's were exploring both Harry Potter areas in general and the Spiderman ride (Shane is a huge spideman fan!)

So with that in mind this was the game plan. Halloween Horror Nights were happening on the day that we went (meaning Universal would not be an option in the evening) so the plan was to do Universal in the morning then head over to Islands of Adventure whenever we were ready.

We got there pretty early and the lines were basically non existent in the morning. We spent most of our time in Diagon alley, also venturing over to Men in Black for a couple rides.
IMG_4261.jpeg
IMG_5973.JPG

By around 10am we noticed the lines were getting pretty long at Islands so we hopped on the Hogwarts express and headed over to Hogsmeade!
IMG_5999.JPG

We first headed to forbidden journey (this is the ride in the hogwarts castle). Maybe a controversial opinion by my favourite part of this ride is actually the queue. It takes you through various rooms in the castle from the greenhouse to dumbledores office and the castle itself is something I don't get tired of seeing (inserts obligatory hogwarts castle photos).
IMG_6005.JPG
IMG_6027.JPG

Next we went to the Three Broomsticks for an early lunch before getting ready for some long ride lines. We had never eaten here before but we both really enjoyed the food and atmosphere! I got a chicken salad and Shane got the fish and chips. And of course we had to get the frozen butterbeer, definitely a must try if you haven't had it before!
IMG_6011.JPG

The afternoon was mostly filled with waiting in lines. We hit some bad luck with breakdowns. We first rode Hagrid's, wait time posted at 80 minutes. In reality we waited around 2 hours as the ride broke down while we were in line. But the ride itself was great! Definitely happy that we waited for this one. No spoilers but I found that there was a great variety of coaster and scenic elements. Just a picture of the Niffler from the queue for this one if anyone has seen Fantastic Beasts!
IMG_6045.JPG

Next up was Velocicoaster! Same thing here in terms of the wait. We waited a little over an hour for this one, again due to a breakdown while we were in line. We absolutely loved this ride. Roller coaster + Raptors = amazing for a jurassic park fan!

Afterward we walked around the Jurassic park area, took some pictures with Dinos.
IMG_6074.JPG

The heat was starting to get to us at this point though (I can tell because I have almost no pictures from this point on...). So we made a full round of the park to reach Spiderman before deciding to head back to the Dolphin to rest up for the next day (I believe we left around 6pm). We had finished off all our must do's, a successful day!

I picked us up a mobile order from Ale and Compass for dinner and we ate/chilled in the room for the rest of the night. Shane got the Burger and I got the lobster chowder and a side of brocollini (sorry, no food pics from an exhausted Cassie but all the food was excellent).

And that's all for our Wednesday! Thanks for following along :)

Last edited:

stephmax975

October 5th (the Wednesday) was Jordan and I's third year anniversary.
We had a lot that we wanted to do but I was a bit too tired so we rested for most of the day.
However we did have a dinner reservation at Sanaa for 5pm so we hopped on the Yacht Club bus to Animal Kingdom and then on another bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We arrived at the AKL pretty early so we took the time to explored the lobby and spent some time with the animals.
1670201090286.png
1670201175180.png

Once they heard that we were celebrating our anniversary they gave us a lovely window spot. Kory took care of us and helped us out with our meal and drink selections. He was also amazing and the note in my phone saying "Kory at Sanaa was incredible" can now be deleted because it has now finally made it to the trip report.

Of course we had to get the bread service :) P.S: they had gluten free naan so that was exciting. Personally I liked the hummus, the coriander chutney and the garlic pickle the best. Jordan really liked the mango chutney, spicy jalapeno lime pickle and the red chile sambal.
1670201335700.png

1670201457409.png

For our drinks we opted to both get the Painted Lemur which was such a great drink. And it also looked lovely too. Well one of them did. Kory said he tried to do the chocolate swirl on one of them.
1670201264843.png

For our meal we decided to share the Journey. We chose the Pork Vindaloo, the Lentil Daal and I think the Sukama Wiki. We added on an additional Harvest with the Sukama Wiki (which we later learned we would have had enough food without).
1670201230887.png

To our surprise, they brought this out for dessert.
1670201374689.png

After some investigation (because I cannot remember what Kory said because I was so overwhelmed), I still cannot find what this is because I cannot find it on the menu.
1670201541723.png

Jordan and I don't tend to take many selfies but I did find this one. This was our first trip to Sanaa and it is top of our list for a return trip!

After dinner we stopped at the main AKL lobby so that Jordan could see it and then went back to the hotel (well the Yacht club first and then back to the Dolphin) to rest up for Thursday.

Attachments

• 1670201356348.png
    1670201356348.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 31

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 - Oct 6 , 2022 - Animal Kingdom
Thanks to @MiniMax and @stephmax975 for their contributions
We can now move on to day 5 in @Tuvalu 's favorite park - Animal Kingdom

Up early and out the door and in the lobby at 6:30am
We decided to drive the SUV to the park - which was not a good idea - stay tuned!

We were only a few groups back from the turnstiles to enter the park

8E33F108-5E0C-4012-80A6-6BE73AB08250.jpeg

As we crossed the bridge and saw the Tree of Life for the first time in almost 4 years
0B692FD9-038D-46A3-910F-AB577970547C.jpeg

Cassie had her phone up and we heard her say:

"My true love!"

And Shane quickly responded with " she never says that to me!!"

I had just started to video the tree and heard them all laughing - I turned around to this aftermath
E6B75721-7B29-4BC1-AF4E-E4138D2FB051.jpeg

DE09CB3D-913F-4043-AE95-786EED48E844.jpeg

874CBAD5-3852-4A09-AAAC-53F70E39C661.jpeg
2680C589-4967-4CEE-B82E-A60D68BFA968.jpeg

4 of us went straight to Flight of Passage ( Max, Cassie, Shane, Jordan) and two went to Navvi river ride ( Tricia and Stephanie)

0459E856-33E1-4F8F-A12D-79796696F51B.jpeg

And then T and S went to Starbucks

After our FOP the four of use did a boat ride

No dancing allowed?

FAB25CB9-B2D7-4110-A3EC-0DAF3E69E674.jpeg

B18D9CC0-4DBE-47CB-B843-94353293370A.png

Wait times very early in the day
A5817304-1132-4BDE-86AC-BA65ED6AF186.jpeg

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 cont'd
We met up with T&S at Starbucks and headed to Africa and the safari ride.

for @Darstarr

7E016115-FD13-46C9-A58F-16F88E07E646.jpeg

Always like this view from the bridge to Africa.

D9FDE7A9-1BC5-4C86-94FB-8FFB524294C2.jpeg

It was a 20 min wait - here comes our ride

049FA2CD-880E-4691-BE10-D86845D928F4.jpeg

Maybe the lion does sleep tonight - because he was awake during the day

0811CDF0-E9A2-457B-B4F8-59C0BDD62EA4.jpeg

I had a dumas behind me take a phone call and talk for 5 min,
His phone almost became a permanent part of the safari ride

Jimmy Fallon Hand Gesture GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

By the time we got off the ride and over to Everest it was up to 50 min

And it was so congested with people , with standby and lighting lane , that it truly was a zoo

But Max you say - I always thought that Animal Kingdom was....

1670208697641.png

Trust me folks - today it was a zoo - of people!!

So we did a pit stop and then we were going to go to Dinosaur instead

As I was sitting waiting for the rest of the crew a group of young ladies ( teenagers) walked by and one said:

"I feel like I am in a different country"

Rather than being miffed I just smiled and thought of all the imagineers like Joe Rohde who had created this wonderful place for us

I even sent him a message on Instagram and told him the story. (he did not answer unfortunately)

Dino ride!!

D2205C52-8271-4D67-B82F-33C2C4FE1967.jpeg

Cool shirt

4A369B6B-B986-4B90-B7B1-769BACF4FB8B.jpeg

Went back to Everest and waited for awhile for this

03FBA256-AB33-4364-BC9B-BB31426224D0.jpeg

48A54210-1CE3-4B66-9B25-7874067CEE37.jpeg

and then took some pictures with Cassie's true love (And the Tree of Life was also behind us!!)

51090E9D-07FE-4B6D-8D9B-5CCD748196E6.jpeg

Max

Last edited:

fractal

October 5th (the Wednesday) was Jordan and I's third year anniversary.
We had a lot that we wanted to do but I was a bit too tired so we rested for most of the day.
However we did have a dinner reservation at Sanaa for 5pm so we hopped on the Yacht Club bus to Animal Kingdom and then on another bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We arrived at the AKL pretty early so we took the time to explored the lobby and spent some time with the animals.
View attachment 683075View attachment 683076
Once they heard that we were celebrating our anniversary they gave us a lovely window spot. Kory took care of us and helped us out with our meal and drink selections. He was also amazing and the note in my phone saying "Kory at Sanaa was incredible" can now be deleted because it has now finally made it to the trip report.

Of course we had to get the bread service :) P.S: they had gluten free naan so that was exciting. Personally I liked the hummus, the coriander chutney and the garlic pickle the best. Jordan really liked the mango chutney, spicy jalapeno lime pickle and the red chile sambal.
View attachment 683079
View attachment 683082
For our drinks we opted to both get the Painted Lemur which was such a great drink. And it also looked lovely too. Well one of them did. Kory said he tried to do the chocolate swirl on one of them.
View attachment 683078
For our meal we decided to share the Journey. We chose the Pork Vindaloo, the Lentil Daal and I think the Sukama Wiki. We added on an additional Harvest with the Sukama Wiki (which we later learned we would have had enough food without).
View attachment 683077
To our surprise, they brought this out for dessert.
View attachment 683081
After some investigation (because I cannot remember what Kory said because I was so overwhelmed), I still cannot find what this is because I cannot find it on the menu.
View attachment 683084
Jordan and I don't tend to take many selfies but I did find this one. This was our first trip to Sanaa and it is top of our list for a return trip!

After dinner we stopped at the main AKL lobby so that Jordan could see it and then went back to the hotel (well the Yacht club first and then back to the Dolphin) to rest up for Thursday.

Happy Anniversary!

Longers

Day 3 - cont’d

View attachment 682021
View attachment 682016View attachment 682017

View attachment 682019View attachment 682020

View attachment 682018

Max

We know what they didn’t do as they missed our meet up!

Like you say we had a lovely meet up chatting about nearly everything! What we should have done is come to Canada with you for photos and drinks!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
You may only dance in silence.
isn't that just dancing with yourself?
Billy Idol Iheart Festival GIF by iHeartRadio

That was a gif(t) from me

I feel like i have only scratched the surface on this one.

We know what they didn’t do as they missed our meet up!

Like you say we had a lovely meet up chatting about nearly everything! What we should have done is come to Canada with you for photos and drinks!
True - my bad for not inviting you along but you wanted to get a good spot for the rocket launch if I remember correctly.

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello all
I was out of my country (Canada) for the week - travelled by SUV to the Toyota plants in Kentucky and Indiana
It was a successful business trip - learn a lot about the logistics system in those plants.

But of course for those that know me a Max Business trip is always more than just business

We drove on Monday from Waterloo Ontario to Lexington Kentucky

We started with a brief stop before checking into our Lexington hotel to pick up key supplies

791B6194-6932-4B03-88A4-46F9962B7273.jpeg

Hotel in Lexington was the Marriott Griffin Gate - it has its own golf course but we did not partake

FA7F42C8-0DD3-4799-83F3-34DBC362092F.jpeg
5CAD6F83-D78D-4F2B-98C6-02DA5C3EEA1E.jpeg
A2A18CFF-FE29-4AEE-A8C6-965294F49335.jpeg

A65F61EF-A85A-4F04-ABDC-2EC456890186.jpeg

Then did a field trip to look into a much smaller logistic system

6D24EE81-E8B9-404E-AED3-C66CE34117EF.jpeg
01C95E96-7AA6-4507-8650-EF989F181DB0.jpeg
84DE193B-5DD1-457B-885E-D907A5416D47.jpeg
7FD1AB82-E181-4D22-AF42-86B9260B154C.jpeg
D82F30A1-A9CA-4EE1-ABAA-49338CD03332.jpeg

Max

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom