Six Flags Great Adventure Announces World Record Breaker!

ok_st_is#1

Hot Rumor

TowerOfTerror said:
The park map has been realesed and VIPER is no longer on it !:sohappy:
It will be SBNO all year and demolished for a new attraction new year.
http://www.gadv.com/Maps Guides/2005map.jpg

The hot new rumor is that a Intamin or S&S woodie will replace Viper (hey it still just a rumor :sohappy: ). This rumor keeps popping up b/c SFGAdv is the only one of SF's flagship parks without 2 woodies, SFGAm (Chi-Town), SFOTx, SFMM. Stay tuned this could de-throne Son Of Beast??

Here's a pic of Viper
http://www.rcdb.com/ig33.htm

KevinPage

The rumor about an INTAMIN wooden coaster is correct.

The only one(s) built are in Europe as far as I know, but they look sweet (like most Intamin rides).

:D

maxime29

Premium Member
You wanna talk about technical problems with this type of coaster?...

Hypersonic XLC at PKD was the first of this type to come out. It can't make it past a day without breaking down 5 times.

The_CEO

Are you comparing Hypersonic XLC with KK or TTD? Because if you are then you are wrong. Hyper is air launched, KK and TTD are hydrolic. :)

TowerOfTerror

I'm back and I am alive.
The way Six Flags had today's program was a media day until 2:00 and a limited season pass holder ride at 3:00, 3:30, 4:00. You had to get a ticket at guest relations early in the morning to pick up the earliest ride time. I waited in-line an hour before the season pass holder time started. It came, I was forced to put my stuff in the locker and I was on the second public train ! After that I managed to ride one more time in the front row which took about 30 mins. Since all the presidents and big wigs were still riding and what not that took up 10 of the 30 minutes. Some guy even started yelling at them. The ride is absolutely insane in the first row. If anyone is going to ride it this year you MUST ride the front row. Kingda Ka is ultimate thrill/experience but not a ultimate coaster. Overall things went pretty well today. The only disappointment was the merchandise no pins/stickers/ or patches.

Here are some photos from the golden Kingdom area:
DSCN1525.jpg

DSCN1520.jpg

DSCN1537.jpg

DSCN1540.jpg

24822a4e.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/towerofterror/Six Flags/DSCN1520.jpg

KevinPage

ok_st_is#1 said:
How did u find out?

I know someone who is friends with the PR Director for the park and she was upset that the story somehow got leaked and they wanted to have a surprise for next year, naturally.

SewIn2Disney

Not For Sale said:
Oh, by the way... They prevented rollbacks on Kingda Ka. Sorry. They have brakes on the top now. That means no airtime at the top too.
Actually, there is a sign out by Kingda Ka that states not all the cars will make it up and over, and rollback is possible, and perfectly safe.

And thanks for the feedback....I can't wait to go! Since it opened so late in the season, I'll have to wait until the summer crowds die down though. I can't imagine what lines will be like today. After almost a full week of rain, it's finally sunny and warm today. Lines are going to be outrageous.

coasterphil

jesserin said:
Interesting thought about the Top Thrill Dragster, I was just reading the other day that when it first opened there were 11 reports of broken bones within the first couple months due to neck and head injuries... Not sure how reliable that is but it was pretty interesting - My sis, her boyfriend and my hubby all rode it last year (yes, I was the chicken on the sidelines) and it broke down for over 45 min while they were in line... but they still waited, the big problem with hills this high is that about 1 out of 10 rides doens't make it over the hill - so imagine falling 45 stories... backwards... now that's a stomach twister...
:hurl:

The broken bones stories aren't true. The only injuries associated with TTD was when the hydraulic cable snaped and the riders sustained some cuts and grease burns.

Also, there is one Intamin made wooden coaster in the US and that is American Eagle at SFGAm.

Not For Sale

SewIn2Disney said:
Actually, there is a sign out by Kingda Ka that states not all the cars will make it up and over, and rollback is possible, and perfectly safe.

And thanks for the feedback....I can't wait to go! Since it opened so late in the season, I'll have to wait until the summer crowds die down though. I can't imagine what lines will be like today. After almost a full week of rain, it's finally sunny and warm today. Lines are going to be outrageous.
Hmmm...Well, sorry for giving out wrong information!

-Bryan "Well, those brakes are pointless!" Stoll

MCBRIZZ5

Yea GA has really made its mark with Kingda Ka and then with supposedly a new roller coaster next year. Things are looking good for this once horrible park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom