Six Flags Great Adventure Announces World Record Breaker!

weluvtink

I live about a half hour away from Great Adventure but I don't think I'll ever go on the new coaster. They scare me. I only went on Runaway Train last time I was there and that was fast enough for me. That's sad because it lasts about as long as Goofy's Barnstormer. :p

Legacy

So the Dragster loses a wheel after three months of running and Six Flags orders up a bigger one?

I really wish they would start building coasters that are good RIDES rather than cheap rushes.

Number_6

I just looked at the video they have of the virtual Kingda Ka and here is my thought on it. I would probably be spending about an hour or so in line to be launched 128mph in less than 4 seconds, and about 10 seconds after that my ride is over.... thanks, I think I'll just stick with Rock n Rollercoaster at Disney or Kraken at SeaWorld since at least then I get some inversion loops. Kingda Ka just holds no real interest for me.

Testtrack321

Can't wait. It's going to be safe guys, you pull more Gs on M:S ;)

Anyway, I'm going to be moving to Philly next year, I guess I'm going to have to try this out.

Captain Hank

So, is anyone else wondering how a 465 foot steel tower is fitting within the theme of a jungle temple...thank you Six Flags! Also, while I was watching the video, all I could think about was: those poor trees by the launch track!

Figment1986

wow... this is only 7 MPH faster than Cedar Points.. But much taler, maby 20feet... This is going to Rock.. Must make plans to be in the area in 2 years.. (one year to breakin the boaster... though i would like to experance a rollback on this one :lookaroun

Legacy

Testtrack321 said:

Anyway, I'm going to be moving to Philly next year, I guess I'm going to have to try this out.
Yeah... but you get less whiplash.

tigger248

Wow, that ride sounds kinda scary. I used to consider myself a thrill junky who enjoyed a good coaster, but hmmm maybe not so much. I'm not so sure about 465 feet at 128 mph in 4 seconds. Oh well, I'll probably never have to worry about it because I'm not sure if I'll ever be in NJ (at least not for a long time). And our park will never get anything like that. We don't seem to ever get anything cool. When KY Kingdom started out, it was a very small "kiddie" park that was never anticipated to have the growth that it ended up having. Therefore, we have very limited space and we're right across the street from the airport. Between spacing issues and the airport, what we can build is extremely limited, including nothing too high. After all, really tall rides don't mix too well with low flying airplanes that are landing or taking off. Guests often ask why we are so much smaller than the other parks, and that's exactly why. But, before we get any new rides, I'd be happy to see the park get a fresh coat of paint. It badly needs it and much of the park looks awful. The park just used to look so good...

imagineer99

Testtrack321 said:

Uh...I don't think that is right. From what I can tell, you pull higher G's on the coaster. However, you sustain them for longer on M:S.

If I'm not mistaken, you only pull like 1.5 g's on M:S. You just do that for an extended period of time.

crazycalf

whenever I went, Viper was always broken down.
It's about time they got rid of it.

Gotta buy annual passes for GA. Can't wait to go on the new coaster

jesserin

Interesting thought about the Top Thrill Dragster, I was just reading the other day that when it first opened there were 11 reports of broken bones within the first couple months due to neck and head injuries... Not sure how reliable that is but it was pretty interesting - My sis, her boyfriend and my hubby all rode it last year (yes, I was the chicken on the sidelines) and it broke down for over 45 min while they were in line... but they still waited, the big problem with hills this high is that about 1 out of 10 rides doens't make it over the hill - so imagine falling 45 stories... backwards... now that's a stomach twister...
:hurl:

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
jesserin said:
... the big problem with hills this high is that about 1 out of 10 rides doens't make it over the hill - so imagine falling 45 stories... backwards... now that's a stomach twister...
:hurl:

I saw that happen quite a few times during my trip this past summer. It looked terrifying.. imagine how it must have felt!! :eek: The ride itself was a lot of fun though... extreeeeeeemely fast. My mom and I rode in the front seats.. it was definately a ride we wouldn't forget. We were more worried about making it over the top though :lol:

Also, it's funny sometimes when the car BARELY makes it over the top and you can hear everyone in the line and waiting area gasp from thinking it's going to come back down. It definately gets you pumped :D

Not For Sale

Oh, by the way... They prevented rollbacks on Kingda Ka. Sorry. They have brakes on the top now. That means no airtime at the top too.

dandaman

I don't really think this will be sickening... well, for me at least. :D
I rode TTD, and it was fine. Thrilling, yes, but I felt no need for hospital trips/ barf bags... :lol:

Fantasmic!329

I live like less than 45 min. from GA and have gotten SP several years, but can't for the life of me remember which one Viper was, does anyone have a picture?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom