Single Magic Band in the Family? Off-site guest

CSOM

Original Poster
We will be staying off-site so Magic Bands don’t make much sense for us. I’m sure my 6 year old son would enjoy having one though.

All 5 tickets are linked through my WDW app. If I were to buy just one MB and link it to my sons profile is that a problem with the group ticket purchase? Or do we all need one then when we show up with the bar code for the paperless tickets?

Thanks

RememberWhen

You can get just your son a band. Just be sure to link it to his ticket and you should have no trouble. (Though I would probably bring his physical ticket anyway). I’m sure he’ll enjoy scanning his band for park entry and FP.

Re-reading, I’m not sure what you mean about the “bar code for the paperless tickets.” I’m guessing you need to go to Guest Relations to pick up your tickets.

Kingoglow

You will want all of your physical tickets. A finger print will be associated with each of them (separately) at the entrance. You can always buy your kid a Magicband and have the CM at the store link his ticket to it. He will be able to use it at the gate moving forward.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You can get just one person a magic band.
Make sure you are linking it to HIS ticket.
The rest of you will want physical tickets.
if you don't have them you'll need to go to will call to get them for free.

Janir

Or just get everyone grey Magic Bands at guest relations. Then you arn't fumbling with pass cards at FP locations.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Or just get everyone grey Magic Bands at guest relations. Then you arn't fumbling with pass cards at FP locations.

Are you saying grey magic bands are free of charge?
OP does not wish to purchase 5 magic bands as they don't really think its necessary.
While MB's are more convenient its also not too difficult to use the hard tickets.

CSOM

Original Poster
You can get just your son a band. Just be sure to link it to his ticket and you should have no trouble. (Though I would probably bring his physical ticket anyway). I’m sure he’ll enjoy scanning his band for park entry and FP.

Re-reading, I’m not sure what you mean about the “bar code for the paperless tickets.” I’m guessing you need to go to Guest Relations to pick up your tickets.

Thanks. The piece about “bar code for paperless” I purchased the tickets on the app and I received an email that had a bar code and said I just show my email and have the credit card and ID to enter. Anyone know if they then give me physical ticket cards at the turnstile or do I go to Guest Relations for that? If they don’t give cards then the MBs might be easier

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks. The piece about “bar code for paperless” I purchased the tickets on the app and I received an email that had a bar code and said I just show my email and have the credit card and ID to enter. Anyone know if they then give me physical ticket cards at the turnstile or do I go to Guest Relations for that? If they don’t give cards then the MBs might be easier

You will need to go to a ticket window or Guest Services to collect your plastic RFID ticket.

Jon81uk

Unless you have purchased Memory Maker, don't bother spending on MagicBands, you can just tap you ticket(s) instead.
If you are getting photos the band automatically gets the photos to your account so is better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom