Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London home, Sky News reports....

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Check it out:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43866337

Singer Amy Winehouse found dead in London home, Sky News reports
Grammy Award winner was 27, had checked out of treatment center month ago

msnbc.com news services
updated

Print
Font:

British singer Amy Winehouse was reportedly found dead in her home in north London, Sky News reported. She was 27.

In June, the Grammy Award winner had checked out of a treatment program in London. Her spokesman Chris Goodman had said the entertainer had been looking forward to touring Europe this summer.

Winehouse's breakthrough disc, 2006's "Back to Black," won her five Grammy Awards and helped her achieve worldwide stardom, but her music had been overshadowed by drug use and run-ins with the law.

Check back for details on this breaking news story.

Jimmy Thick

Her Back to Black album was fantastic, it captured a modern version of the 60's girl groups, but now she joins the 27 club because she was a junkie/drunk. You would think there would have been people looking out for her.

Jimmy Thick-All that potential simply wasted...

SteveUK

Of course it is sad, it always is when somebody passes in such circumstances. But around the world, many people will pass in diffiicult and unpleasant circumstances today, and nobody will stop to even consider them, certainly won't start a thread to discuss how tragic their passing is.

I'm not wanting an argument, or to say a death isn't tragic. I'm simply asking people to take the wider view and put things into some perspective before declaring this such an exceptional tragedy.

plaz10

Sad. But not shocked at all. Thats what happens when you constantly abuse drugs. Sad as she was very talented...but I'm not shocked.

chatsworth

I can't help but find it ironic that she so publicly decided not to go into rehab. If only....

She even had a song about it...almost like she was mocking those who tried to help her. I am always sadden when a life is cut short, but honestly what could have been done to help someone who apparently didn't want help?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom