Trip Report Since I have to go to Kissimmee anyway, I might as well, right?

Hello all! I first would like to say that I love reading everyone's trip reports, and I thought I would try trip reporting out for myself. This trip is going to be a very quick one that was unplanned until this morning. I found out this morning that I have to be in Kissimmee on the afternoon of 5/13. My kids can't miss any more school, so it will be just me, and we were just at Disney 4/7-4/12 so I will be doing this on the cheap. I will be staying with my Aunt and Uncle who live in Orlando.
My plan is to drive down from Tallahassee early Monday morning. My meeting is at 12:30. I'm not sure how long it will take, but it could be until 5 (I hope not). Since it could take that long, I made my fastpasses for evening at MK. I have passes for Splash Mountain, BTMRR, and Space Mountain. Then I think I will swing over to Epcot to catch Illuminations since I may not have a chance to see it again.
Tuesday, I plan to rope drop FoP, and then I made fastpasses for KRR, EE, and Dinosaur. Then I will head home to Tallahassee since I have to be back at work on Wednesday.
So thanks for following along as I dip my toes into trip reporting!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Hello all! I first would like to say that I love reading everyone's trip reports, and I thought I would try trip reporting out for myself. This trip is going to be a very quick one that was unplanned until this morning. I found out this morning that I have to be in Kissimmee on the afternoon of 5/13. My kids can't miss any more school, so it will be just me, and we were just at Disney 4/7-4/12 so I will be doing this on the cheap. I will be staying with my Aunt and Uncle who live in Orlando.
My plan is to drive down from Tallahassee early Monday morning. My meeting is at 12:30. I'm not sure how long it will take, but it could be until 5 (I hope not). Since it could take that long, I made my fastpasses for evening at MK. I have passes for Splash Mountain, BTMRR, and Space Mountain. Then I think I will swing over to Epcot to catch Illuminations since I may not have a chance to see it again.
Tuesday, I plan to rope drop FoP, and then I made fastpasses for KRR, EE, and Dinosaur. Then I will head home to Tallahassee since I have to be back at work on Wednesday.
So thanks for following along as I dip my toes into trip reporting!
Sounds awesome. Solo trips are so nice!

Moana76

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So, I haven't done this before I hope it's okay to just start the report from the same thread. It will be short, so I don't see the need to start a new thread.

Day 1- I left my house about 7 AM to head to Kissimmee. I have court for child support at 12:30. He didn't show up, and it took all of ten minutes for them to not do anything. I would have been mad about going all the way down there if I wasn't planning some Disney time.

After court I headed to my aunt and uncle's house in Orlando. Here are some pics of my room at their house:

After getting settled in, I wanted to head over to the MK. I was a bit concerned about the weather report because it showed thunderstorms until about 6 PM. I was planning to travel light to avoid the bag check lines so I would not have a poncho or any rain gear. I decided to just go ahead anyway- what's a little bit of rain? Well, it was steady raining, and I got soaked running to the tram and then to the monorail. I don't know if you can tell from this monorail selfie who wet I got running in the rain:

I arrived at MK around 3:30. On a whim I decided to make a reservation at Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen but it wasn't scheduled until 4:50. I headed that way to go on the JC since the wait was only 10 minutes. It is steady raining. While in line, they shut the ride down for about 10 minutes due to the weather just as I was almost to the front. I stuck it out and waited since it looked like it was clearing up:

I've loved the Jungle Cruise since I was a kid. My mom always tells me that I said, "The elephant trunked at me mommy!" the first time I rode it- around 2 years old.
By this time, it is almost time for my reservation, so I head on over to the Skipper Canteen:

Such a nice place to wait.
As I was seated, the hostess pointed of the highlight of the mess hall:

It really brightens up the room. HAHAHA! I loved the corny jokes. I had never eaten here before, but I didn't want too much to eat as I will be riding the mountains this evening so I ordered the Lost and Found Soup, which was a coconut curry, and the Orinoco Ida's Cachapas.

I did not like this soup at all.

This was so freaking delicious. As you can see below:

I cleaned my plate. Although just an appetizer, this was plenty of food.

Up next POTC.

Attachments

• 002.png
    002.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 114

Moana76

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
After dinner, I still had some time before my fast pass for Splash Mountain. So I headed on over to POTC.

My favorite scene.

Sorry this one's a bit blurry.

It's finally time for my first fast pass at Splash Mountain. I haven't been on it for a very long time because my kids have been too small. I forgot how awesome it is!

My next fast pass is for BTMRR, but I had some time before the window opened so I headed over to HM. Posted wait time was 30 minutes. It was more like 15. I took these pics in the queue. (I had never been through the updated queue before.)

After HM, I headed back to BTMRR. I guess I didn't take any pics there except this selfie once I got on. (Not used to trip reporting, so I really didn't take enough photos.)

My next fast pass at Space Mountain was not for 45 minutes so I headed over to Journey of the Little Mermaid. I had never been on this one because my boys were never interested in it. Hooray for doing whatever I want on a solo trip!

Up next: More JLM

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
After dinner, I still had some time before my fast pass for Splash Mountain. So I headed on over to POTC.
View attachment 373893
My favorite scene.
View attachment 373894
Sorry this one's a bit blurry.

It's finally time for my first fast pass at Splash Mountain. I haven't been on it for a very long time because my kids have been too small. I forgot how awesome it is!
View attachment 373898
View attachment 373899
View attachment 373900
View attachment 373901
My next fast pass is for BTMRR, but I had some time before the window opened so I headed over to HM. Posted wait time was 30 minutes. It was more like 15. I took these pics in the queue. (I had never been through the updated queue before.)
View attachment 373936
View attachment 373938
After HM, I headed back to BTMRR. I guess I didn't take any pics there except this selfie once I got on. (Not used to trip reporting, so I really didn't take enough photos.)
View attachment 373939
My next fast pass at Space Mountain was not for 45 minutes so I headed over to Journey of the Little Mermaid. I had never been on this one because my boys were never interested in it. Hooray for doing whatever I want on a solo trip!
View attachment 373945

Up next: More JLM
Thank you for reporting on your Solo Trip! I love seeing that it can be fun to enjoy everything by yourself too.
Don't worry about the blurry pictures, I appreciate you showing us places like Skipper's Canteen and the food they serve, I have never been and now have a better idea of the place.
How cool that you did Journey of the Little Mermaid for the first time! Your last comment, says it all! 😀

I've had this "crazy" idea of venturing on a Solo WDW Trip for a while, so I am very interested in your experience ;)

Last edited:

Moana76

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thank you for reporting on your Solo Trip! I love seeing that it can be fun to enjoy everything by yourself too.
Don't worry about the blurry pictures, I appreciate you showing us places like Skipper's Canteen and the food they serve, I have never been and now have a better idea of the place.
How cool that you did Journey of the Little Mermaid for the first time! Your last comment, says it all! 😀

I've had this "crazy" idea of venturing on a Solo WDW Trip for a while, so I am very interested in your experience ;)

I don't think it's a "crazy" idea anymore now that I have been on a solo trip myself! It was so much fun, and I did get to do several things I would have never gotten to do with my boys there. Thanks for following along!

Moana76

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I really enjoyed the queue for JLM. As you can see below, I took quite a few photos.

I took the above one for a game I play with a friend. We take selfies to send to each other to ask "Where in the world am I?"

Now on to the ride...

This one was my favorite.
After JLM, I still had time before my Space Mountain FP, so I headed to the teacups. I know some people don't like this ride, but I love it. It makes me think of my dad- he always spun the wheel as fast as he could. I do too, even tonight by myself, although I did feel a little silly lol.

Finally I headed towards Space Mountain. I took the below picture because it had "Ophelia" as a destination, and Ophelia is my son's great grandmother's name.

I got the front!

Love these lights!
As I was leaving Space Mountain, my mom called to say my Aunt would like me to get back to the house before she went to bed, and she was very tired from being at the hospital all day with my Uncle. He had surgery that morning- everything is okay, just a routine procedure. So even though I had secured another fast pass for Pooh, I had to leave. I was only here about 5 hours, but I really accomplished a lot, I thought. It's so much easier to get around the parks without a stroller- it's made me consider letting my little one walk next visit.

Up Next: Day 2 at AK

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Looks like you enjoyed yourself, and you're right, a lot accomplished in 5 hours!

Can't wait to see how your AK day went! 😀

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Solo trips are the best. And if something fun/funny/odd happens that you need to share you can always post here!
Solo trips beg for a Live TR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom