Signature dining recommendations

rbcrumley

Original Poster
:wave: I just registered and this is my first time on the board, so bear with me!!

For years I have wanted to go to the Spirit of Aloha luau at the Poly, but I have read mixed reviews. Since the luau is considered a "signature dining experience", is it worth the two credits on the dining plan? What about other "signature" experiences (i.e. Cinderella's Royal Table, Hoop-de-Doo, etc.)? What would you recommend and why?

ErickainPA

We went to the Luau years ago, (before there was a dining plan) it was ok, the one person in our party got bored and left after dinner to hit the parks for a while. It's not something I have to see again personally.

We will be going to Hoop-Dee-Doo this trip and all the reviews I have read said it's great and so we are excited to be going to see that this year.

tigsmom

I haven't been to the new luau show, but the old one was fun.

We love doing the Hoop De Do and would recommend it highly. The songs & jokes are corny, but thats part of its charm. The food is very good and comes in large portions... what more can you ask for. :lol:

Yellow Shoes

rbcrumley said:
For years I have wanted to go to the Spirit of Aloha luau at the Poly, ...
I think that's your answer. If it is something you've always wanted to do, then you should check it out.

For everyone who dislikes something or is neutral about it, there are some who are huge fans.

You won't know if you like it until you try it, and if you don't do it on this trip, you'll have to think (and worry) about it until the next trip.

Book it, and let us know how you liked it.

HunnyPot

If you have always wanted to go to the Luau, then you should. You may love it, but you'll never know unless you go. If you choose not to though, I would recommend the Hoop De Do and also dining at the California Grill.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Hop-Dee-Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, Jiko - The Cooking Place, The Flying Fish Cafe, The California Grill, Citricos, Narcoossee's, Artist Point, Yachtman Steakhouse, Coral Reef Restaurant, and the Hollywood Brown Derby are all shown in the guide as requiring two Table Service credits on the Disney Dining Plan.

There are almost fifty other table-service options available for dinner. Splurging on the luau would probably be worth it just for the added show.

Monty

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom