SICK Space Mountain Holiday overlay

No Name

Is this only for the nighttime parties? If so then that’s great. If not then that’s not so great. I’m not exactly a fan of holiday overlays at a destination resort when I see the holidays all around me back home. Especially in a case like this where the flashing colors are without regard for any story. They definitely based this off of an Episode of ABC’s Great Christmas Light Fight more than anything.

But again, if this is for the nighttime party, it’s great.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is this only for the nighttime parties? If so then that’s great. If not then that’s not so great. I’m not exactly a fan of holiday overlays at a destination resort when I see the holidays all around me back home. Especially in a case like this where the flashing colors are without regard for any story. They definitely based this off of an Episode of ABC’s Great Christmas Light Fight more than anything.

But again, if this is for the nighttime party, it’s great.
Yes exclusive to party nights

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don't think something like this will work on SM until there is in-car audio

Agreed. I assume Imagineering could rig up something fairly inexpensive using traditional Bluetooth, WiFi or FM radio transmissions. It's just a matter of doing it. I'm over-simplifying the process but it's not like onboard audio couldn't be incorporated "relatively" easy or with little cost (by Disney standards)

Onboard audio is a must and should have happened by now.

trainplane3

Agreed. I assume Imagineering could rig up something fairly inexpensive using traditional Bluetooth, WiFi or FM radio transmissions. It's just a matter of doing it. I'm over-simplifying the process but it's not like onboard audio couldn't be incorporated "relatively" easy or with little cost (by Disney standards)

They tried a long time ago. If I recall, the prototype they tossed together was too heavy or something. Heavy train+heavy guests+support/track structure in questionable condition=no go.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They tried a long time ago. If I recall, the prototype they tossed together was too heavy or something. Heavy train+heavy guests+support/track structure in questionable condition=no go.

Really?! Wow. How long ago? They should try again. Tech is always improving... singular source inside car, on the rocket as an "exhaust port", or a "thruster". They need to dust off the plans and get to it! Of course track replacement would also be nice.

Last edited:

Kman101

It's nothing amazing, and could be seizure inducing (not necessarily meant as a joke), but at least they're doing ... something. lol.

Meanwhile, the Speedway is amazing. But a garden gnome would have been a vast improvement over what's there (nothing) so this (the speedway, not space mountain) is a big plus.

I'd rather have Small World Holiday, personally ... and Country Bears Christmas ...

trainplane3

Really?! Wow. How long ago? They should try again. Tech is always improving... singular source inside car, on the rocket as an exhaust port, or a "thruster". They need to dust off the plans and get to it! Of course track replacement would also be nice.
Well, at least I thought they attempted it before SM went down for it's refurb. I heard something about rigging up a train with a rough speaker setup and seeing how it performed. Only @marni1971 knows the truth.

We all know the budget for the real refurb got lost...in space!!

ToTBellHop

Santa's Sleigh goes that high?
1573526968516.jpeg

Thelazer

I'd rather see a terror in space make over for Halloween, plenty of strobes, fog and fake blood dripping from the coaster tracks.
Maybe throw in an Alien, or some face huggers.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

They messed around with it 3rd shift circa 2007. The weight issue was in California. Orlando just wasn’t given the money.

Last edited:

tirian

TSO music would be ideal. They paid to use their music back in the day for Osborne.
Sadly, Disney Entertainment has observed that social media influencers—generally 20-something-year-old fans with very limited knowledge of world culture at large—are just as excited about manufactured Disney channel pop as TSO or other licensed music. Worse yet, they consider those soundtracks “real” Disney.

That saves a little bit of money in licensing fees, but all gains look good to pencil pushers.

We may not hear top-level bands and singers in Disney shows for some time.

But I think a TSO overlay on RNRC would be incredible! And for Christmas party nights only, I like the rave inside Space Mt, although I do wish the lighting didn’t reveal the track supports.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom