Shuttle Questions

Wannabe Walt

Hey everyone! The trip that my cousin and I were going to take has now increased in people. It will now (most likely) be my cousin, my mom's friend, her niece, and myself. We are going from Dec. 1-4, 2005 to the Happiest Place on Earth for the Happiest Celebration in the World! :D YAY! However, here is our flight information:
STL -> ORL
Depart: 7:30 AM Arrive: 10:43 AM
Non-Stop Flight American Airlines

ORL -> STL
Depart: 4:45 PM Arrive: 6:09 PM

We were planning on using the FREE Magical Express service. However, now I am not so sure, since I have read some aweful reviews for it! What do you all think? Use Magical Express, Mears, Hertz, or what? Please tell!!! :confused: Also, if you know how to get discounts on Mears, Hertz, etc. please give me details on that too! Thanks!

Becky

Wannabe Walt said:
Hey everyone! The trip that my cousin and I were going to take has now increased in people. It will now (most likely) be my cousin, my mom's friend, her niece, and myself. We are going from Dec. 1-4, 2005 to the Happiest Place on Earth for the Happiest Celebration in the World! :D YAY! However, here is our flight information:
STL -> ORL
Depart: 7:30 AM Arrive: 10:43 AM

ORL -> STL
Depart: 4:45 PM Arrive: 6:09 PM

We were planning on using the FREE Magical Express service. However, now I am not so sure, since I have read some aweful reviews for it! What do you all think? Use Magical Express, Mears, Hertz, or what? Please tell!!! :confused: Also, if you know how to get discounts on Mears, Hertz, etc. please give me details on that too! Thanks!

Orlando is MCO :wave:

Mears operates Magical Express for Disney now. It is free. I don't believe you can book Mears to WDW now as you would be paying for something that is free.

If you do not plan on going off WDW property there is no need for a rental car.

I used DME for my 5/14-5/21 trip and it worked out fine.

Upvote 0
I just got back yesterday from Disney and I would definitely recommend Magical Express. We arrived May 21st and actually got in early (was scheduled 5:06 arrived 4:45). Went down to the desk, my mom stood in line maybe a minute before she was able to get up to the desk to sign-in (all the workers were busy). Two minutes later and were getting in line for our bus and was able to get on the bus right away. And within 45 minutes we were to our hotel (we were at Riverside and the last stop). But I would got with what you feel comfortable with. Obviously, there are some people who have had a negative experience with Magical Express. Wait times are going to vary depending on what time of the day you are flying in. But like I said do what you feel most comfortable with.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
I would say don't worry about it yet. In Oct or Nov, check back for reviews on how DME is running then. If it still isn't running smoothly all the time, then worry about alternate transportation. However, they should have all the kinks worked out by then. Remember, the system has been in place less than a month.

Upvote 0

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
Thanks guys. For now, I will just plan on using Magical Express. The less we have to pay for, the better! Once mom pays me for mowing the yard the other day, I will have all the money I need to pay for Flight, Room, and Tickets. Plus, I will have like $19.xx for souvenirs and/or meals! :lol: If I keep mowing yards the rest of the summer, I will have like $700+ !!! WOW! lol. I will easily be able to pay for my meals and all of my souvenirs. YIPPEE! Thanks again guys! I'm sure I will have more questions later on. Mainly because I've never been this time of year (always been in Feb) and I've never only went for 4 days.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I used DME and had a wonderful experience as well. I wouldnt worry about it frankly. I was walking out of the plane ( Not the terminal the actual plane) at 1:45. I was in Riverside at 3:00 pm ( the last of three stops mind you!) debating as to if lunch was going to be first or checking in!!!!! Do pack a small carry on with shorts, sunblock, camera equipment, or anything you cant live without for the first few hours. I had packed shorts, sunblock, my AP, my pack that I run in the parks with, my digital camera, and my contact lens stuff. So I was able to go right to the parks and not have to sit around waiting for anything. The bags were not in my room right after check in, but were there when we got back from MK that night. I have said it before in other threads but it bears repeating DO NOT PACK ANYTHING VALUABLE IN YOUR CHECKED LUGGAGE!!! Due to airport security regulations, all baggage that is checked MUST be left unlocked and may be searched as needed. If there is a lock on yourbag there is a better than even chance they will break it off and may do some damage to your baggage as well. With all of those people being able to have access to your bag, any jewelry, camera equipment etc should be kept on your person. Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

AEfx

Take ME, but don't let them take your luggage.

Discard the tags they send you (or use them in a scrapbook!) and just exit the plane and get your own bags as normal. Then go and check in at the ME.

Safest way to go, IMHO. Even if ME gets super efficent at getting the bags to the rooms in the future, I'll still do this, mostly because if the AIRLINE looses my luggage or whatnot, I want to know about it right then so I can do something about it at the airport. If it doesn't show up via ME, you may never know if the airline or Disney was at fault - not a chance worth taking to save me 10 minutes grabbing my own stuff.

AEfx

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

Thrawn said:
I would say don't worry about it yet. In Oct or Nov, check back for reviews on how DME is running then. If it still isn't running smoothly all the time, then worry about alternate transportation. However, they should have all the kinks worked out by then. Remember, the system has been in place less than a month.

I have to agree with Thrawn. ME is still VERY new and thus the kinks haven't had the time to work themselves out yet...which is why I decided to stick with Mears pn this last trip, since I had already paid for them. I believe that checking back in Oct. or Nov. would be the best bet in finding out whether or not to actually use the service or not b/c now it's just to early to tell for the dates that you have.

I also agree with AEfx in the fact that you should do your luggage yourself. (Why they didn't just do that from the beginning, I have no idea. It would have been a lot easier, but I guess your luggage just "appearing" has it's Disney perks)

Upvote 0

Invero

Just a note on DME...

I talked to multiple different guests today... they all had a great experience with DME. I was also a bit surprised to see that thier luggage actually DID beat them to thier room. (and that was with no wait to check in)

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Invero said:
Just a note on DME...

I talked to multiple different guests today... they all had a great experience with DME. I was also a bit surprised to see that thier luggage actually DID beat them to thier room. (no wait to check in)

Didn't I tell everyone to have faith in the system! :lol:

Upvote 0

brich

We hired a limo one year. A very enjoyable option. Plus, the kids felt like royalty when we arrived at the airport and the driver had a sign with our name on it... Fun alternative and very convenient... :king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom