shuttle/bus from Miami airport to Orlando

Leo!

Hi all!,

We're going to WDW in October and flying straight to Orlando but my mom, is going to Miami (She lives in Argentina) and the difference with the flight if she add an extra route to Orlando is almost 500 USD.

Anybody had an experience going from MIA to Orlando with a shuttle / bus service?. I will have a car in Orlando and could pick up my mom anywhere there.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I don't know about shuttle busses but a friend took the Greyhound bus up and we jokingly refer to it as the "Crack bus from hell". He said it was a horrible experience he doesn't want to repeat.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The drive from MIA to WDW is about 3-3.5 hours so I doubt you will find any kind of a shuttle service. You mother renting a car and driving up will be the quickest and most economical option. You other option would be a train but the travel time is just shy (probably more when you look at getting from the airport to the train station and the trains station to WDW) of what it would take for you to drive to Miami, pick her up and drive back.

Upvote 0

Rob562

You could also look into a one-way flight from MIA to MCO. Just did a quick search on kayak.com for a random Friday in October and American has a number of one-way flights for $156. The flight time is an hour or less.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

There are bus services from the South Florida area to Disney but if your mother is traveling alone, has bags and has been on a long flight, they might not be the best choice. Can she rent a car? Car rentals in Miami are pretty cheap.

Upvote 0

SMS55

You could also look into a one-way flight from MIA to MCO. Just did a quick search on kayak.com for a random Friday in October and American has a number of one-way flights for $156. The flight time is an hour or less.

-Rob

When you consider arriving an hour or two before the flight, the one hour flight and retrieving your bag it's over 3 to 3.5 hours which is what it takes to drive and it's cheaper. In a 4 cylinder car it's about $15 in gas, $15 in tolls from the airport and there are 4 res stops along the way for snacks and potty breaks. Just hop on the 112 East to I95 and go north. Catch the Turnpike at the Golden Glades interchange and head north. You can use exit 242 or 249. Exit 242 is US192 which will take longer as you have to drive through the entire town of Kissimmee. Instead go to 249 which is Osceola Parkway. Make a left at the light and it's a straight shot to the Disney resort area.

Upvote 0

Rob562

When you consider arriving an hour or two before the flight, the one hour flight and retrieving your bag it's over 3 to 3.5 hours which is what it takes to drive and it's cheaper. In a 4 cylinder car it's about $15 in gas, $15 in tolls from the airport and there are 4 res stops along the way for snacks and potty breaks. Just hop on the 112 East to I95 and go north. Catch the Turnpike at the Golden Glades interchange and head north. You can use exit 242 or 249. Exit 242 is US192 which will take longer as you have to drive through the entire town of Kissimmee. Instead go to 249 which is Osceola Parkway. Make a left at the light and it's a straight shot to the Disney resort area.

Yes, but the OP's mother is arriving on a flight from Argentina. She'd have to rent a car herself and drive, or the OP would have to make a round-trip Orlando to Miami and back. (Twice if she has to return to Miami to fly back to Argentina)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Leo!

Original Poster
I did once the round trip from Orlando to Miami to pick up a friend. I will never do that again!... it's 7-9 hours round trip. We've found a bus service from MIA that I think is the same that HRHprincessAriel is suggesting (both with pick up place @ terminal 2, TAM Gate).

We will try!... thanks everybody for the help!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom