Shula's vs. Yachtsman vs ...?

Yachtsman vs Shula's vs ?

• Total voters

goofyyukyuk

Original Poster
Hey guys! I opened up a poll asking about which signature restaurants I should book. The consensus was Yachtsman Steakhouse, Jiko, and California Grill. However, the restaurant Shula's was a name that kept appearing throughout the thread. So I wanted to ask if you guys preferred Shula's Steakhouse or Yachtsman's Steakhouse, or some other high profile restaurant in WDW. Thanks!

zurgandfriend

I would recommend Shula’s, as I stated in another post. I like the desserts better at Shula’s. However, If in your budget I would also recommend the California Grill, the food, try the sushi and the flat breads, the view and watching fireworks from the roof of the Contemporary make for a special evening.

MikeyK72

DW and I last ate at Shula's in 2015 and at the time we were surprised at the end of the meal to learn that they DIDN'T ACCEPT payment by Magic Band. Luckily DW had a credit card in her purse. Not sure if they accept now or not but problem with Shula's is that it's not Disney owned and operated although it is within the Disney bubble.

MikeyK72

Both are good... I've had up and down meals at both but that's the deal with Disney.... I definitely would not go to Canada in Epcot....

I agree...I too had good meals at both Shula's and Yachtsman. However, like I mentioned on the other thread, I have local steakhouses like Morton's and Ruth Chris in Pittsburgh where I can get a great, yet lone, piece of filet mignon on my plate. That's a typical steakhouse experience as far as I know...everything is a la carte...and that is Shula's as well.

What makes me prefer Yachtsman over Shula's is that Yachtsman, like other Disney Signatures, gives you at least a sauce and a side with your steak. I really like tasting the dish the way the chef wanted me to experience it rather than a lone piece of filet mignon on my plate. With Yachtsman, you typically get filet served with a cabernet sauce accompanied by a generous and delicious service of mashed potatoes.
IMG_0192.jpg

MikeyK72

And if you were to try Artist Point, you'd get your filet served with a delicious blue cheese topping. Probably not the best pic but you get the idea.
IMG_0186.jpg

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

DW and I last ate at Shula's in 2015 and at the time we were surprised at the end of the meal to learn that they DIDN'T ACCEPT payment by Magic Band. Luckily DW had a credit card in her purse. Not sure if they accept now or not but problem with Shula's is that it's not Disney owned and operated although it is within the Disney bubble.
No Shula's does NOT deal with Magic Bands. Nor do they deal with DDP. They DO accept TIW.

This is an important issue if one goes to an "on property, non-Disney owned" restaurant. Swan, Dolphin, and a GREAT number of DS Restaurants could care less about Magic Bands and DDP.... VERY important to see WHO supports WHAT. Else? one could experience the close to last scene of "Hello Dolly" :).

MikeyK72

No Shula's does NOT deal with Magic Bands. Nor do they deal with DDP. They DO accept TIW.

This is an important issue if one goes to an "on property, non-Disney owned" restaurant. Swan, Dolphin, and a GREAT number of DS Restaurants could care less about Magic Bands and DDP.... VERY important to see WHO supports WHAT. Else? one could experience the close to last scene of "Hello Dolly" :).

This is so true. Different topic for a different thread but I’m disappointed in Disney for not contractually obligating non-Disney hotels and in-park kiosk vendors to seamlessly integrate into Disney’s ecosystem for the sake of the guests. You’d think that a customer service leading company like Disney would realize how frustrating it is for guests to experience the inconsistencies in discount, dining plan, payment, etc. Plus regarding payment, Disney advertises that all you need on property is a Magic Band...then you show up at Swan and Dolphin and learn differently.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

This is so true. Different topic for a different thread but I’m disappointed in Disney for not contractually obligating non-Disney hotels and in-park kiosk vendors to seamlessly integrate into Disney’s ecosystem for the sake of the guests. You’d think that a customer service leading company like Disney would realize how frustrating it is for guests to experience the inconsistencies in discount, dining plan, payment, etc. Plus regarding payment, Disney advertises that all you need on property is a Magic Band...then you show up at Swan and Dolphin and learn differently.
Kind of agree.... but also understand that several DISNEY owned Restaurants WILL take MB's - then reject DDP. First start would be for WDW to get THEIR Restaurants in line - and compensate them properly. Lack of proper compensation is why one will NOT see DDP accepted at higher end Restaurants - or (today), see DDP clipped. "Clipping" really is a self defense mechanism for the SIG system. It's not new - the SIGS, at one time, offered two different menus for DDP - non DDP customers. This was banned. The NEW approach is to offer a basic dinner, with "add on's" :). Same idea, different English :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom