Shula's at the Dolphin?

fluffy

Original Poster
We are staying at the Dolphin this coming week and I reserved a table at Shula's for our last night. I am in the middle of packing and am clueless as to how to dress for this particular restaurant. All the other restaurants we are booked at are pretty casual inside the parks. But, this one seems a bit more upscale. Can one wear jeans if they are dressy with a dressy collared shirt for hubby and new nice sneakers? I hate to pack dress clothes for just one dinner but if I have to I will so as to be prepared. Thanks!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Ugh...maybe we should rethink this one.

That's just my own personal pattern at that place. I enjoy a few overpriced drinks and probably order a couple too many appetizers and sides for the table.

Look at the menu online and you should be able to get a good indication of a cost range based on your preferences.

fluffy

Original Poster
That's just my own personal pattern at that place. I enjoy a few overpriced drinks and probably order a couple too many appetizers and sides for the table.

Look at the menu online and you should be able to get a good indication of a cost range based on your preferences.

Thanks...I did look at the menu recently and did think it was pretty pricey. I may change to the "Flying Fish" which isn't much less. But like you said....it can depend on the drinks and apps you order too.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Thanks...I did look at the menu recently and did think it was pretty pricey. I may change to the "Flying Fish" which isn't much less. But like you said....it can depend on the drinks and apps you order too.
Split the porterhouse, a potato and mushrooms, avoid the alcohol, and you can get out for under $200... for two people.

BASS

The upscale restaurants at Disney tend to be slightly more casual than something comparable non-Disney, so jeans and a nice shirt are fine. I like to pack light and tend to bring a Polo and sneakers. (Chances are you'll find someone who came straight from the park in shorts, so you'll be fine.)

As far as Shula's, it's a steakhouse. I personally tend to avoid steakhouses when I'm traveling because I have really good steakhouses locally. Personally, I think Bluezoo right next to it is a better option but it's pricey too. If you have some concerns about the cost, go to Disney Springs. There are plenty of different options there (Frontera was very good).

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Ugh...maybe we should rethink this one.
Fluffy? It's worth every penny :). You've booked a really GOOD Restaurant. BEST Steak, and best LOBSTER on property.
Yes, you CAN get a Surf & Turf.... and a really GOOD one.

Sandy & I hit Shula's TWICE, each trip, two trips per year... been doing this for a good 14 years :).

Some hints: EVERYTHING at Shula's is sized for a linebacker :). Portions are huge, and the staff KNOWS this. Feel free to SPLIT sides, desserts - and even ask for advice on this (your wait staff is nothing but STUNNING & will give you GREAT advice).

Please keep that Ressie - then let everyone know how you liked Shula's :). PS... I'm a retired guy, NEVER worked for anyone connected with any Restaurant :). Just an old Chemist - who's Father was a Maitre De' in San Francisco, 1948-1976 time frame :). Dad taught me a LOT :).

Keep in mind that Shula's is also a chain. Depending on where you live/travel during the year, you may have other opportunities to eat at one vs. someplace that is only at Disney.

joejccva71

We ate there in May 2018 and I went in with a nice pair of jeans and polo. She wore jeans and a nice top, wasn't a tank top. Great restaurant. Shula's and California Grill remain my top 2 places. Shula's was expensive but I had planned for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom