Shrek 4D expanding?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
From Screamscape:

2005/2006 - Shrek Expands - Rumor - (9/27/04) I don’t know how solid this information is, but we’ve heard a rumor that what’s left of the old Hitchcock post-show area currently used as storage and a break area by park characters will be gutted soon. The reason is that even though Shrek 4D has been open over a year now, the lines to see it are just as long as ever, so they may be looking at plans to convert the rest of the building into a second 4D Theater to double the capacity of the attraction.

But my question is....what about the preshow? Is there enough room in that space to build a second theater AND preshow room? :confused:

Atta83

NemoRocks78 said:
But my question is....what about the preshow? Is there enough room in that space to build a second theater AND preshow room? :confused:

I am sure they will find a way..

Lexxweb

Wouldnt they have to move the screen over and make it bigger, because those other seats would be like on the left side and the screen would be waayyy on the right!

dxwwf3

All I know is, they better find a way to fix this problem. 90 minute waits for a 3-D show is just crazy. I've done it twice and I swear I'll never do it again. I'll wait 30 or 45 minutes but an hour and a half is just way too much. Capacity, capacity, capacity. The same reason I'll probably never ride Peter Pan's Flight again (even though I don't know if I would wait 5 minutes for that one).

ISTCrew20

I think just making the entranceway into the theater from the preshow can help alot. It usually takes 6 or 7 minutes for the entire crowd from the preshow to enter the theater, and then another 3 or 4 to get everyone seated and to get it started. That's 10 minutes of wasted time that can easily be cut down to 4 or 5.

dxwwf3

ISTCrew20 said:
I think just making the entranceway into the theater from the preshow can help alot. It usually takes 6 or 7 minutes for the entire crowd from the preshow to enter the theater, and then another 3 or 4 to get everyone seated and to get it started. That's 10 minutes of wasted time that can easily be cut down to 4 or 5.

That certainly would help. I refuse to wait more than an hour for this anymore. I've had my 2 90 minute wait showings and I just will not do it again. Maybe they will get a Single Rider Line :lol:

Legacy

You wait any amount of time for this show?

Granted, I think a second theater would greatly help, and I'm sure that it can be done considering only about half of the building is currently used... however the attraction is not at all interesting. The story is decent, but not great. The only "effects" are the standard water spray and lights on the side of the wall, and the theming inside the theater is non-existant. The only unique aspect of the attractionis the extremely bumpy seats, but even those don't add anything to the experience. Stuff Shrek, gimme Jimmy.

HorizonsMan

They are expanding and tehre is definatly enough room, right now it is just being used for storage and it used to be for teh ogre himself, however the powers that be said we need to move so we have and now they ahve told us that yes they are building a second theater and tehy will hopefully soon start construction.

Timekeeper

Shrek 5D

Why would they need a 2nd pre-show room? There are plenty of attractions that divide guests into two areas. The best example of this is Alien Encounter/Stitch, which sends guests through essentially two pre-shows and then into one of two show theaters.

The only problem with Shrek 4D is, at this point, you cannot create a path from the pre-show into a 2nd theater (old Hitch shower scene show) without some moderate construction alterations. Right now, the Shrek Giftshop sits between the pre-show and old Hitch showroom, so you cannot create a pathway that interrupts the shop. It was not designed with a second theater in mind, so it will be interesting to see how they solve the puzzle. It seems to me that it would be "cheaper" to keep a single pre-show, whether they construct a way to send guests around theater 1 or relocate the current pre-show. Then again, it doesn't seem like it's a terribly expensive pre-show either.

I've seen the 4D wait time get up to 120 minutes, so a 2nd theater is a great idea. I'm surprised they didn't use all of the Hitch building in the first place - if not for a 2nd theater, at least a larger one with more capacity - like T2-3D.

Tk

Figment1986

They should expand it's size, not make a second one... How many 3D shows have 2 theaters??

The size could be expanded easily... (I think at least..)

(I would love if i could see the old hitchcock stuff thats still around right now before it gets removed... dont they still have the last psycho house standing in their.. at least the last USF one...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom