News Showbot interactive atmosphere entertainment coming to EPCOT's World Discovery

Cmdr_Crimson

5 years after this concept art and we don't have a M&G version of Gamora, Rocket ,Groot and weird looking aliens.......Come on...
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_Full_30574.jpg

Last edited:

No Name

If you are asking me specifically, if it has to be IP related there's a boatload I'd like to see before anymore Marvel based rides:

Tangled
Wall-E
Encanto
Monsters Inc
Escape to Witch Mountain
Jungle Book
Expand on S.E.A.
Sleepy Hollow
Give MK a Pinocchio ride
Coco
Would love a Something Wicked This Way Comes dark ride!
Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride!!!

Anything but more Marvel.(or Star Wars) 🤣
Ok I have no qualms with the fact that you’d rather see these other things built instead! Before you were making it sound like a bad business decision instead of just personal taste.

dreday3

Ok I have no qualms with the fact that you’d rather see these other things built instead! Before you were making it sound like a bad business decision instead of just personal taste.

No, they know better than I do and I probably underestimate the longevity of Marvel.

My opinion is
that they are over saturating Disney + with too many Marvel and Star Wars shows. Thats what I mean when I talk about the popularity waning.

I would love to see more shows like The Mysterious Benedict Society. It was fantastic. But I guess that doesn't pull in the money.

No Name

Hey, Showbot isn't a Disney movie IP!!
It’s not even owned by Disney at all! So I expect they’ll buy out the Showbot company in 5-10 years. It will be their biggest acquisition since 21st Century Fox!

No, they know better than I do and I probably underestimate the longevity of Marvel.

My opinion is
that they are over saturating Disney + with too many Marvel and Star Wars shows. Thats what I mean when I talk about the popularity waning.

I would love to see more shows like The Mysterious Benedict Society. It was fantastic. But I guess that doesn't pull in the money.
You’ll be glad to know I’m part of the problem as I watch every single Star Wars and Marvel show!

Jrb1979

IMO Disney's best attractions have no IP attached. I understand why they have IP for every new attraction. It sells the brand and merch.

I wonder how long before someone finds a negative about this
In a world of life like robots, Disney pulls out a cheezy "robot" that no one liked before. It's not world class, cutting edge tech we should get for the entrance price. Good enough is Six Flags not Disney. Seems like a desperation move for cheap entertainment.

TrainsOfDisney

In a world of life like robots, Disney pulls out a cheezy "robot" that no one liked before. It's not world class, cutting edge tech we should get for the entrance price. Good enough is Six Flags not Disney. Seems like a desperation move for cheap entertainment.
It’s also a cheap 3rd party add vs. something like Muppet mobile labs.

But something is better than nothing.

Cmdr_Crimson

It’s also a cheap 3rd party add vs. something like Muppet mobile labs.

But something is better than nothing.
Remember that time Disney wanted a Velociraptor soooo bad they brought out a poor excuse of one at AK..Because Dinos were a thing again...

And not only that...It's the same company that made the ones for Universal..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom