Should we take two small kids to Universal?

Cetta

Original Poster
Hello all! We are planning a trip to Orlando for next year. This will be our first trip taking our kids, DS will be 4 and DD will be 2. We originally planned on spending one day at both Universal Parks but the more I look at the ride height requirements I realized my daughter won't be able to ride anything and my son might be able to ride like a couple things (he is currently 37 inches tall but has time to grow), plus one day at Universal will cost us over $500 (tickets, parking, and food) which is a lot of money for us. DS loves superheroes, Jurassic Park, King Kong, and Transformers so I thought he would really enjoy Universal but now I am starting to think he will just be upset that he can see all these rides but can't ride most of them. Just looking on opinions on taking young children and if you felt like they enjoyed it and was worth it? Thank you!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hate saying this because I love Universal and could spend over a week there with my much older than yours and taller than me kids but save the money. Put it away for a trip in a couple of years or add some time or something special extra at Disney. I vote save it for later. That being said there is a Jurassic play area and ride for the little ones, the Seuss area is as well done as anything in Disney.

JoeCamel

I hate saying this because I love Universal and could spend over a week there with my much older than yours and taller than me kids but save the money. Put it away for a trip in a couple of years or add some time or something special extra at Disney. I vote save it for later. That being said there is a Jurassic play area and ride for the little ones, the Seuss area is as well done as anything in Disney.
I have to agree, wait a few years. Right now he won't even remember much and the little one won't remember anything.

TwilightZone

when I was a kid I was terrified by Backdraft at universal hollywood. Even though universal is killing off those type of attractions, but other attractions can still possibly scare the little ones. It's better to take them when they're older so they're not as frightened.

Nj4mwc

I was there last week with a 9 and 7 year old and that was about right. I have brought them at 5 and 3 and it was a waste of money, wife and I taking turns riding rides and trying to entertain the kids while waiting. My 7 yr old had some issues with being scared and not wanting to re ride stuff, he's a little more timid on rides than my daughter

Nj4mwc

Honestly your kids are too young for Universal. I waited till my youngest was 9 to go to Universal and she still didn't go on many rides because they scared her. Physically your kids can't ride not much of anything. Legoland or Disney are a better option for you in Orlando.

I didn't go to the theme parks till both my kids were out of diapers. I really wouldn't go anywhere until your youngest is older. Can you do it? Yes but a 2 year old is a two year old anywhere you go. No point in spending the money.

I get flamed for that opinion all the time BTW.
I agree, I think back to so many trips to various places that my kids remember nothing of and could have cared less about most things, Disney and Universal. My son is now 7 and out most recent trip is the first time I think he had fun riding rides not just climbing up on ledges and jumping down. But hindsight is 20/20 I guess

misterID

Way too young. There's no Small World or anything for everyone to do together. Someone will always be stuck on a bench with the kids. UNI isn't a real kid centric or even too kid friendly of a park. I'd agree with Legoland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom