Trip Report **COMPLETED** - Should we go, or should we postpone? We made it to WDW!

Hello everyone!!

It has been awhile since I have posted a thread. In fact, the last one I posted was one year ago and it was a pre-trip report for our first Disney cruise that would later be cancelled. We began planning for this trip, not knowing what the future would hold. I have to say, that the months leading up to this trip, I began wondering if it was meant to be. A few months ago, my husband and I both came down with the dreaded virus. It took us a full two weeks to really get over it. I was worried about our son, but he never showed any signs, but of course had to quarantine with us. Then a couple weeks later, they had a break out of the stomach virus at his school. He recovered, then after 3 days back in school, he caught it again! I went back and forth with cancelling because I didn't want him to miss anymore school, but he worked really hard to catch up and his teachers have been very supportive. With that being said, we were all healthy again, so off to WDW we went!! I'm happy to share our trip with you all and hope that you all enjoy. We had a fantastic time!

Dates: Friday, April 23rd - Saturday, May 1st
Where: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Who: Me (Heather), my DH (Josh) and my DS (Cam)

IMG_3343.JPG

38053WDW

A few days before our trip, we were discussing what we were most looking forward too. Other than spending time as a family, we each said 3 things we were most excited about. At the top of my husband's list sat Via Napoli. Y'all, he loves it. I know it can be hit or miss, but we've always had a good experience. But....today was the day where we saw the miss side of things. We always get the huge pizza because my husband can put down some pizza. Cam has to get his own because he can't have sauce.

Excited for his pizza:
View attachment 555003

It wasn't long before the big daddy arrived:
View attachment 555004

The first piece I ate was the corner piece and it was delicious, but as I moved onto the second piece it was sooo soggy to the point where it was like the dough was raw. It was impossible to hold and eat so I kind of tried to fold it and eat it like a calzone, but you know that feeling you get when you start getting grossed out by something and you just can't do it. I really did feel like I was eating raw, greasy dough, then my stomach started cramping and I just couldn't do it. So out of this entire thing I ate a corner piece and a bite from another. Josh pushed through and ate more, but we still had more than half the pizza left over.

The pizza wasn't sitting right with me so we decided to go back to the resort. We took a little rest in the room and decided to go down for an evening swim. The water was sooo cold!
View attachment 555005
View attachment 555006

Josh and I were sitting in the chairs and he was telling me that his stomach was now hurting so we decided to go back to the room. After an hour or so, mine finally started to ease up and we went to sleep. Josh on the other hand was up all night. I won't go into details to gross anyone out, but let's just say he had a rough night. He claims he got food poisoning, but I don't know. I had an upset stomach too, but I didn't eat as much and I didn't get violently ill from it either. He was only sick overnight, and I would think food poisoning would last longer, but I'm not an expert. He felt better in the morning, just very exhausted from the night.
One trip it happened to me .. Not sure was but took me out the whole day to the porcelain god! Family had to do a whole park day without me.. it was a rough 24 hours! It's times like that that make you go hmmmm.. since we all basically ate the same things

macefamily

If it were me, I would at least tell them at Via Napoli about your experience. Especially since you started feeling it at the table. Most restaurants want to know just in case they have something that may be spoiling or cleaning needing to be done. So sorry about the experience - it's one of my favorites as well!
We had the same experience back in March at the Regal Eagle. We rushed over there to place an order 25 minutes before closing. That was our mistake. The food must have been sitting under the heat lamps for hours because it hit me and my daughter hard. Rough night.

Skibum1970

Sounds like Disney food poisoning to me...and I know all about that🤢🤮
That was on your most recent Trip Report, I believe. Due to food allergies, we started purchasing food from Publix (this year, we had it delivered right to our resort) and that helped so much. It saved a lot of money and I didn't have to worry about the food making me ill. Our only concession is a Mickey Bar or ice cream cone for my wife (dairy is a huge no-no for me and so I live vicariously through her).

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Sunday, April 25th

I set my alarm for 6:30am because today was HS day. I knew Josh would be hiding out in the room today and didn't know what plans Cam and I would go with, but I wanted to try for a boarding pass anyway. I made my coffee then went out to the balcony. However, I did not have good luck and was not able to snag one. Since I wasn't able to get one, I didn't feel the need to rush out to the park given our circumstances. Josh was sound asleep, but Cam was up, so we got dressed and snuck out for a little exploring. He was sad that his Daddy couldn't do anything today and that we weren't headed to HS right away, so my mission was to make sure he still had a fun day!

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

First stop on our adventure: Beach Club
IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

One day the cruise will happen!

We stopped by the gift shop because Cam wanted a Wishable for being brave and going down the big water slide at the pool the night before. On our last trip, he was afraid of a lot of rides. We fully expected to do plenty of parent swapping this trip, but he proved us wrong. He was scared, but we convinced him to give the slide a try and he loved it. He also picked up surprise pin at the register.
IMG_3367.jpg

Next: We took our first ride on the Skyliner.
IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

Cam was feeling the nerves on the Skyliner. We got off at the Riviera. This area is so nice. We stopped and watched the Disney ducks for a little while.
IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

38053WDW

Sunday, April 25th

I set my alarm for 6:30am because today was HS day. I knew Josh would be hiding out in the room today and didn't know what plans Cam and I would go with, but I wanted to try for a boarding pass anyway. I made my coffee then went out to the balcony. However, I did not have good luck and was not able to snag one. Since I wasn't able to get one, I didn't feel the need to rush out to the park given our circumstances. Josh was sound asleep, but Cam was up, so we got dressed and snuck out for a little exploring. He was sad that his Daddy couldn't do anything today and that we weren't headed to HS right away, so my mission was to make sure he still had a fun day!

View attachment 555191
View attachment 555190

First stop on our adventure: Beach Club
View attachment 555192

View attachment 555193
One day the cruise will happen!

We stopped by the gift shop because Cam wanted a Wishable for being brave and going down the big water slide at the pool the night before. On our last trip, he was afraid of a lot of rides. We fully expected to do plenty of parent swapping this trip, but he proved us wrong. He was scared, but we convinced him to give the slide a try and he loved it. He also picked up surprise pin at the register.
View attachment 555194

Next: We took our first ride on the Skyliner.
View attachment 555195
View attachment 555197
View attachment 555196

Cam was feeling the nerves on the Skyliner. We got off at the Riviera. This area is so nice. We stopped and watched the Disney ducks for a little while.
View attachment 555198

View attachment 555199
We have diner reservations at Topolino May 23rd!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
IMG_3380.jpg

We walked around for a bit before making a stop at Le Petit Cafe for a snack. We split this cinnamon roll. It would have been better heated, but it was yummy. There was another couple across from us and they had a little boy that appeared around the same age as Cam. He was arguing with his parents and he yelled out what I'll call a two curse word phrase. Cam's eyes about bugged out his head. As soon as the boy said it, the parents didn't even look at the kid, they looked straight up at us to see if we heard it. You could tell they just wanted to sink into the floor. Cam's like, yeah let me go ahead and eat this cinnamon roll now. :joyfull:

IMG_3382.jpg

If you haven't figured it out by now, Cam and I love cruising the gift shops. Josh not so much. We went over to the boutique next door.
IMG_3384.jpg

We bought Cam another pin pack and some goggles he wanted for the pool that he never used. We went outside and opened the pins, just sitting for awhile, talking and relaxing. We decided to go back and spend some time at the pool. The Skyliner to Epcot wasn't running yet so we had to wait.

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_3388.JPG

My SIL is headed to Caribbean Beach in 2 weeks so I sent her this. She was excited.
IMG_3386.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Once we got back to the room, Josh was stirring. He was feeling better, but he didn't have an appetite. We talked about our plans. The next day was supposed to be our non park day, so I tried to see if I could move our HS park reservation to the following day, but there were none available. Cam and I went ahead and got ready for the pool and headed down. We get down there and the sun was shining bright. Then we notice all the people leaving the pool area. A man coming towards me tells me the pool is closing due to bad weather. Huh?? We continue on until we get to the entrance and all the lifegaurds are coming out as well. We sat down on the bench near Beaches and Cream. Apparently there was lightening in the area. One of the lifegaurds was really awesome though and started doing Disney trivia with us and the two other families that were near. It started raining eventually, but I never did hear any thunder/lightening. After awhile and much to my son's dismay, we returned back to the room. We waited up there for about an hour and FINALLY we were able get into the pool!
IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

Happy boy!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We were out at the pool for awhile and I was beginning to get very hungry. I was by myself with Cam so I couldn't go get anything without dragging him out with me. Once he came up and told me he was hungry, we packed up and left. We stopped by the Marketplace and I picked up a Chicken Caesar salad and he got a croissant. We enjoyed our lunch back in the room and I checked again to see if any HS park passes opened up for the following day. Josh was adamant that we just go and enjoy ourselves. We headed towards the Skyliner around 5pm. We went straight for Mickey and Minnie's.
IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3406.jpg

Blurry pictures, but this ride is so cute and fun. I asked Cam what he wanted to do next and he said Toy Story Land. On the way, we stopped and got a pretzel and a churro.

IMG_3408.jpg

IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

He's definitely in a stage where he doesn't like losing. I pointed out that his accuracy was better than mine, so he was pleased, LOL!

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

Three spins on the saucers later.... :depressed:

I tried to get him to get on Slinky, but he said he would wait until Daddy could ride with us. He wanted to go back and ride Mickey and Minnie again.

IMG_3415.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We were seated in the front row this time. So much better not having the plexiglass in front of you. While in line, I put in a mobile order at Rosie's and we stopped for some PP pics on the walk over there.

IMG_3418.jpg

IMG_3417.jpg

And my favorite :inlove:
IMG_3416.JPG

We found us a nice spot and talked about how much fun we had together while enjoying our cheeseburger and nuggets.
IMG_3420.jpg

As we were leaving the park, we popped into a few more gift shops. I almost bought this bag and now I'm having some regret that I didn't. I might get my SIL to pick it up for me while she's there.
IMG_3421.jpg

We are big Marvel fans so I took these pics. Anyone watch Falcon and the Winter Soldier? We still haven't had a chance to watch the finale, but hopefully tonight.
IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

Back to the Skyliner we went. It became a running joke that we would always end up in a yellow one. Cam kept hoping for a different color, but what would it be?

IMG_3426.jpg

That golden hour skyliner ride though....

IMG_3425.jpg

We made it the transfer and placed our bets on the color.....

IMG_3429.jpg

FINALLY! Not a yellow!

What a fun day! It was disappointing that Josh couldn't join us, but we turned it around and this day ended up being one of my favorite memories from the trip.

fractal

Once we got back to the room, Josh was stirring. He was feeling better, but he didn't have an appetite. We talked about our plans. The next day was supposed to be our non park day, so I tried to see if I could move our HS park reservation to the following day, but there were none available. Cam and I went ahead and got ready for the pool and headed down. We get down there and the sun was shining bright. Then we notice all the people leaving the pool area. A man coming towards me tells me the pool is closing due to bad weather. Huh?? We continue on until we get to the entrance and all the lifegaurds are coming out as well. We sat down on the bench near Beaches and Cream. Apparently there was lightening in the area. One of the lifegaurds was really awesome though and started doing Disney trivia with us and the two other families that were near. It started raining eventually, but I never did hear any thunder/lightening. After awhile and much to my son's dismay, we returned back to the room. We waited up there for about an hour and FINALLY we were able get into the pool!
View attachment 555214

View attachment 555215
View attachment 555216
View attachment 555217

Happy boy!

Alls well that ends well!

It's been my experience that Disney severely errs on the side of caution regarding lightning and pool closures.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Yes to watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
Got a Marvel mad 13 year old daughter who moaned for 6 days every week waiting for the next episode. 😂

Great trip report, thanks for sharing.
LOL! I was the same way and then I STILL have not had the time to watch the finale. I feel like I've been going and going since being back from vacation. Hopefully soon though. We are ready for Loki too!

Thanks for following along!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Monday, April 26th

It felt so good to sleep in. We had a late breakfast reservation, so we took our times getting ready and it was so nice. Even with sleeping in and taking our times, we were still ready a bit too early, so we decided to head out and start making our way there. We caught a private bus to Magic Kingdom.
IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

We then decided to take a loop on the monorail for funzies!

He's ALIVE! Over 24 hours symptom free and ready to EAT! He was starving but was saving room for breakfast (which by the time we sat down to eat, it was more like brunch).
IMG_3438.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg

We got to our first stop at the Contemporary and Cam tells me he needs to use the restroom, soooo full loop on the monorail ended there. :hilarious: But that's ok because we perused the gift shops for awhile and we made a couple purchases before checking in for our reservation. We found a table to wait and Cam opened up his Gaurdian's of the Galaxy Wishables. The first one he opened was Drax but he really wanted Groot.

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3442 (1).jpg

YES!!

This was the only reservation of the trip where we actually had a wait. So definitely not mad about that, plus they were fairly busy. What do we do while we wait and wait? Have a photoshoot, of course!
IMG_3443.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom