Should Wall-E go to Animal Kingdom?

Weather_Lady

They put futuristic aliens in Animal Kingdom, put a made-up kingdom in Norway, removed the studio elements from Hollywood Studios, and made the pirates non-pillaging.

tenor.png

That being said, I LOVE Wall-E and would love to see him represented...

righttrack

If Epcot is now fair game for IPs (it sure seems to be) then a new attraction in Future World, perhaps in WoL pavillion or to replace that gawdawful Circle of Life space.

rio

What if Wall-E was tied into the Wilderness Explorer thing they've got in Animal Kingdom? Make it a conservation patch or something. Either that or put him on the WDW conservation signs and messages.

SeaCastle

Wall-E is one of my favorite Pixar movies but it's message seems too cynical and close to home to be represented in the parks. The ending is hopeful but it presumes that the next 800 years on Earth are spent turning it into an uninhabitable trash heap (and we probably are). In DAK we see the damage to the environment that humans caused in Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali Rapids, but they are asterisks to a profoundly beautiful park environment. Wall-E's environments are space and a trash planet. Disney walks a thin line in terms of representing these issues but who wants to see that world on vacation?
I'm not necessarily saying that the parks should be free from any kind of messaging but there's a reason you don't see the Married Life montage from UP anywhere at WDW...

kap91

If you focused on the earth environment from the movie you could definitely make it work - from an intrinsic value of nature and conservation perspectives you could really drive home the punch that the park is trying to make.

That being said, I’m not sure people have all that much desire to visit a gigantic garbage dump. And the subject of animal kingdom is still flora and fauna which would be hard to feature in a land that doesn’t support life.

Up is probably the best IP currently fit for AK. It would allow the construction of a South America land - which is probably the biggest geographic region the park is missing.

TwilightZone

Post movie wall-e would be great, but during movie wall-e would probably be kinda depressing in a theme park. People want escapism after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom