Should The Partners Statue Be Replaced With George Lucas, Stan Lee, And John Lasseter Holding Hands?

Should it?

• Yes it should

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • No it shouldn't

Votes: 74 89.2%
  • Maybe, as more of their works replace Walt's at the parks, but not now

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Not replace, just add them alongside Walt and Mickey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
firefly GIF

Jp11248

And before any of you accuse this of being rubbish because I said George Lucas instead of JJ Abrams, I was referring to the creative minds behind the original product & characters being added to the parks today, not the people recycling what's already been created.
I am a fan of the original Star wars movie and have enjoyed George Lucas work through the years, but if you don't like recycling, the Raiders movies re-use scenes and techniques from 1940's and 1950's . I think his film Duel is still a standout, and I think I would consider it an original.
But I would not suggest Walt's statue being replaced. Lucas made great movies, the great Stan Lee brought us heroes and villains. Having statues to each some where in the parks would be a great tribute, but the founders should always remain.

Sctble

Original Poster
Who created the company/parks? I think you will find it all started with a mouse. The correct figures are displayed
All true, but look at how far we've stepped from "I believe in being an innovator", spoken directly by Walt himself, to modern era of "Star Wars is cool, let's put it here!" "Avatar is was popular, let's put it there..."

Not saying I would personally enjoy seeing Walt replaced with other great minds who's material contribute more to recent additions, but it would be fitting to the current game plan coming from the top.

Animaniac93-98

It sounds crazy, but really stop to think about it. Those three creative minds are behind more product being added to the parks in modern era than anyone else.

Sure there are exceptions like MMRR, which is based on characters brought to life by Walt himself. Yet what about other recent adds or coming soons?

Guardians? Lee
SW:GE? Lucas
TSL, Rat? Lasseter
Pandora? Camer...ok, add James Cameron to the new statue lineup.

Walt may have started the Disney empire, but it's the minds of George, Stan, John, and James keeping the show running new & fresh today. Popular opinion? Most unlikely. Logical? Now that's the question...

It would certainly be more DISNEY® than Walt or Mickey. .

PiratesMansion

I clearly stated in post #2 this is not rubbish.

It might be teetering into the early stages of rubbish, or pre-rubbish, but it's not full-on rubbish.
Except it's not Lucasland, Lassiterland, Leeland, etc.

DISNEYland. Walt DISNEY World.

No matter how much Bob Iger and Bob Chapek wish to make it so and try to smoosh that square peg into that round hole, the parks will not fundamentally ever be about THEIR work.

Also, when:
-Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has been a dud for many and clearly hasn't performed to expectations
-The marvel attractions all have this weird energy to them that doesn't QUITE fit within the established Disney park/attraction ethos, and we're either singling out a roller coaster that hasn't opened yet in a park where it doesn't belong, or a rethemed drop ride that doesn't belong to honor Lee? Weird choices.
-Lasseter was fired for deserved reasons, and the examples you named include a terrible land and a terrible ride?
-They literally JUST built a Mickey ride, but that doesn't count apparently for some reason?

It would seem, at best, a touch misguided to replace a statue of the person who founded the entire company with others no matter how great they are or are perceived to be.

So yes. Rubbish.

Lady1967

I am all for continuing to add new...but leave the Partner Statue alone! The Magic of Disney is something Walt created...and they need to remember a bit more of that these days

Pepper's Ghost

I hate to give credence to this being a serious question by responding, but why ask such a controversial question on a DISNEY board if not to troll the group. Pour gasoline, light the match, and step back and enjoy watching people go insane trying to put out the fire. It's a ridiculous notion for all the reasons listed already, and countless others. I recommend not feeding the troll with serious responses, and with that said I appreciate all of the silly responses posted already. 😁
dontfeedtrollsTW.gif

The Grand Inquisitor

It sounds crazy, but really stop to think about it. Those three creative minds are behind more product being added to the parks in modern era than anyone else.

Sure there are exceptions like MMRR, which is based on characters brought to life by Walt himself. Yet what about other recent adds or coming soons?

Guardians? Lee
SW:GE? Lucas
TSL, Rat? Lasseter
Pandora? Camer...ok, add James Cameron to the new statue lineup.

Walt may have started the Disney empire, but it's the minds of George, Stan, John, and James keeping the show running new & fresh today. Popular opinion? Most unlikely. Logical? Now that's the question...
1611611844304.png

NormC

And before any of you accuse this of being rubbish because I said George Lucas instead of JJ Abrams, I was referring to the creative minds behind the original product & characters being added to the parks today, not the people recycling what's already been created.
That isn't the reason this is rubbish.

Movielover

I am a fan of the original Star wars movie and have enjoyed George Lucas work through the years, but if you don't like recycling, the Raiders movies re-use scenes and techniques from 1940's and 1950's . I think his film Duel is still a standout, and I think I would consider it an original.
George Lucas had nothing to do with Duel. That was Steven Spielberg's first feature length film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom