Should Pinocchio get more love in Fantasyland?

_Scar

HM=Haunted Mansion? A huge what? :confused:

Have you ever seen a Rat talk, and cook food? That's fantasy as well.(On a side note, a Ratatouille ride would be awesome IMO). This could fit pretty well if it's well executed.

Haunted Mansion doesn't belong in Fantasyland and it's a huge ":veryconfu" or question mark as to why it is placed there.

I think the Fantasyland rule ultimately stems from DL's Fantasyland and how Walt only wanted Disney characters present there which were the characters from his animated movies.

Also, 20k was in MK's FLand which might of broke that rule but that was a Walt creation so idk lol

DisneyParksFan1

@harryk, Yes a ride themed to Pinnochio would be stunning, imagine it with the trackless ride system technology. Visualize mayhem occuring in the Pleasure Island scene and your car spinning around and going crazy as you explore PI. *sigh* Anybody else have a problem with unrealistic thinking and hoping? I do...

@Scar, well true it doesn't belong in FYL, but in my opinion, I like the tradition of having each park have a different location for HM.

Yeah, the rule kinda cancels itself out with the Matterhorn and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

tirian

Disney Animation Studios. No Pixar or any other non Disney Animation aloud. The only one to break this is HM at Tokyo which is a huge :veryconfu

I've never seen a talking lion, have you? So it's fantasy. May it have been the best fit? Nah... but it still fit. :lol:

HM fits into the Japanese concept of fantasy.

With AL nearby, that's a truly creative way at looking at TLK show, which didn't fit, period. :lol:

Figment632

Haunted Mansion doesn't belong in Fantasyland and it's a huge ":veryconfu" or question mark as to why it is placed there.

I think the Fantasyland rule ultimately stems from DL's Fantasyland and how Walt only wanted Disney characters present there which were the characters from his animated movies.

Also, 20k was in MK's FLand which might of broke that rule but that was a Walt creation so idk lol

Ghost's are considered fantasy in thier culture so it fits fine, that is why it was placed there.

Daannzzz

I would love them to tear out the tent facades and put in the village theme (or make the tents a bit more earthy and less fiberglassy) and while they do that tear out the peter Pan ride. Put Pinocchio in where Peter Pan is and build a new, bigger Peter Pan that is similar but more spectacular. It would hang fropm a coaster rail and occasionally (and mildly) go down a small hill and swoop around a corner.

Figment632

I would love them to tear out the tent facades and put in the village theme (or make the tents a bit more earthy and less fiberglassy) and while they do that tear out the peter Pan ride. Put Pinocchio in where Peter Pan is and build a new, bigger Peter Pan that is similar but more spectacular. It would hang fropm a coaster rail and occasionally (and mildly) go down a small hill and swoop around a corner.

I would be all for this, like you said put Pinocchio in where Pan is now and build a big Peter Pan ride in Pixie Hollow.

DisneyParksFan1

Oh my goodness! That would be great! Imagine going above London with those and wind blowing at you and clouds made of fog around you, along with the updated technology. Man, it sucks this will probably never happen.

I say it should go in a totally new land called Neverland which would be pretty much what Michael Jackson was about to do, but stuck with Neverland Ranch.

EPCOT Explorer

No, Pinocchio gets a featured restaurant and music from his movie gets played at various areas and events all through the Magic Kingdom. A Jiminy Cricket sighting is a happy and somewhat rare character event but a Gepetto sighting is kinda creepy.

The movie Pinocchio was a commercial disappointment at the time, despite being scored with some of the all time best music of any Disney feature animation film, and the highest level of hand drawn detail ever attempted. The failure to recapture those expenses put the company's future at risk.

I'd say movies such as Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland and Fantasia get just the right amount of exposure within the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

If you want to ask me about Jungle Book or Robin Hood or even Hercules getting the proper amount of exposure, well, that answer may be different! :lol:
Right, but now, it's a little different. Pinocchio is very popular (as said with the DVD sales) and would satisfy the demographic that bought it in the first place.

Besides, it fits. :lol:
I was one who rushed out to purchase the Pinocchio on Blu Ray! I wanted to see that detail in all of its richness displayed in high definition wide screen. It is a beautifully crafted movie and the story is well told and it is a treasured addition to my movie library. :)

That doesn't mean I agree existing prime Fantasyland real estate should be converted to add space to Pinocchio.

How did the Pinocchio DVD sell as compared to any Pixar movie of your choice?

Going forward, the children of today and tomorrow (and their parents) would probably rather have a new ride based on something not already in the park and other than Pinocchio. :shrug:
The thing is, FL is expanding, and Pin only has a restaurant. It's not a burning issue, but why not more?

Rules were made to be broken. TL attractions were off-limits to animated characters for decades.

As it should be....if they are not original WDI creations. :D

DisneyParksFan1

Right, but now, it's a little different. Pinocchio is very popular (as said with the DVD sales) and would satisfy the demographic that bought it in the first place.

The thing is, FL is expanding, and Pin only has a restaurant. It's not a burning issue, but why not more?

As it should be....if they are not original WDI creations. :D

Completely agreed. I want SGE, MILF, to go! Buzz can go to Pixar Place or somewhere else. See, what I think they should do with Pixar Place is expand it so it can become Pixar Land. It can accommodate all, or at least most, of the Pixar gang. TSMM is already there, a Monsters Inc. Dark Ride(TDL's) can go in the mix, a show themed to another Pixar film, a Ratatouille dark ride, and more stuff. They could go a la FYL Expansion and have one huge land with many mini lands for each movie. It would be great, but please keep Pixar or any film out of TL.

MKCP 1985

Stick to Epcot, will you? :p

don't get carried away with DVD sales. Some of the DVD releases that outsold Pinocchio this year were Beverly Hills Chihuahua, High School Musical 3, and Hannah Montana the Movie. :lol: Of course, UP was just released and has already far exceeded the sales of Pinocchio also. So did Bolt. :lookaroun http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/annual/2009.php

Why not more? Because Pinocchio is already well represented in the Magic Kingdom and more becomes too much, especially when there are other Disney classic films with (even more) popular characters unrepresented. Example: The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Hercules, the Lion King, Mary Poppins, the Jungle Book, Bedknobs and Broomsticks just to name several. :)

You would have Pinocchio replace Stitch as the most overexposed Disney character at the Magic Kingdom? :lol:

mharrington

Yes, I agree that a Pinocchio ride needs to be included. I know all the other Disney parks (besides HKDL) has one, so why not WDW? I have continuously, in fact, created verbal tours for Florida's own Pinocchio ride in several Imagineering threads.

But here's the thing: it should be thematically the same as the one in Disneyland, but please, don't just use the same old ride system as there. If it was up to me, I'd make it more like the Pooh ride in Japan. That would probably make it a popular enough attraction to merit even a Fastpass.

DisneyParksFan1

Yes, I agree that a Pinocchio ride needs to be included. I know all the other Disney parks (besides HKDL) has one, so why not WDW? I have continuously, in fact, created verbal tours for Florida's own Pinocchio ride in several Imagineering threads.

But here's the thing: it should be thematically the same as the one in Disneyland, but please, don't just use the same old ride system as there. If it was up to me, I'd make it more like the Pooh ride in Japan. That would probably make it a popular enough attraction to merit even a Fastpass.

Yes... Hmm, do you happen to be "Big Disney Fan" from the Visions Fantastic forums? I know he did a lot of that. Very talented fellow.

Now, about the whole Tokyo think I agree. I think it should also have full 3D everything. NO MORE painted stuff on wood. It should be in 3D IMO. This goes for all FYL attractions. They should all get a refurb making it get a 3D upgrade.

EPCOT Explorer

Stick to Epcot, will you? :p

don't get carried away with DVD sales. Some of the DVD releases that outsold Pinocchio this year were Beverly Hills Chihuahua, High School Musical 3, and Hannah Montana the Movie. :lol: Of course, UP was just released and has already far exceeded the sales of Pinocchio also. So did Bolt. :lookaroun http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/annual/2009.php

Why not more? Because Pinocchio is already well represented in the Magic Kingdom and more becomes too much, especially when there are other Disney classic films with (even more) popular characters unrepresented. Example: The Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Hercules, the Lion King, Mary Poppins, the Jungle Book, Bedknobs and Broomsticks just to name several. :)

You would have Pinocchio replace Stitch as the most overexposed Disney character at the Magic Kingdom? :lol:
:fork::ROFLOL:

*waves D64 flag* There, happy?:lookaroun

Don't get me wrong, I see what you are saying. I just start to wonder why OTHER Disney parks feature the second, and one of the most influential films done by Walt.:shrug::lol:

It doesn't seem to be overexposing, it just seems odd that WDW gets the shaft....again.

MKCP 1985

:fork::ROFLOL:

*waves D64 flag* There, happy?:lookaroun

Don't get me wrong, I see what you are saying. I just start to wonder why OTHER Disney parks feature the second, and one of the most influential films done by Walt.:shrug::lol:

It doesn't seem to be overexposing, it just seems odd that WDW gets the shaft....again.

Go look at that concept art again and tell me WDW is getting the shaft! :lol: And this is a D64 issue? :ROFLOL:

oh my! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom