Should I Stay? I'm not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

3-D

This thread is incredibly dramatic. I’m a fan of Splash Mountain. It’s my favorite ride in MK. It’s also closed many of the times that I visit WDW and guess what? I still have an amazing time.

Things change. In Disney parks and in life. If your interest in Disney is bringing you more negativity than positivity, then you should definitely take a break and find some joy somewhere. From everything I’ve read throughout the Splash threads, it seems that more people here are upset with the retheme than not.

Until new info is announced, I don’t even think it’s worth continuing to discuss. There’s no new insight here, we know the sides and where most people stand.

Tony the Tigger

Earlier this year, I started to be more active on this site than I had been for the past few years. I enjoyed participating in conversations, making new threads, and reading about all the latest WDW happenings. Obviously this year has been a complete mess in numerous ways, but nothing set off a fire in me quite as much as one particular announcement in late June...

As you all know, I was very, very, VERY upset with the Splash Mountain announcement and I have yet to let go of that frustration. I started losing confidence in both the future of the ride and myself a few days after the announcement, with people everywhere on the boards saying that there's a slim chance of cancellation and even some members making fun of people like me trying to save the ride and acting like it's not that big of a deal, that "this isn't the death of Disney." I felt like the voices backing Disney's decision were louder and that there was no use trying to speak up against it because who is going to listen to me? I've made my opinion clear and that's that, I can't exactly change people's minds after all. However, I didn't want to have to keep reading posts about how it'll be the "same ride, different theme," "you might like the new one," "the ride was in trouble from the beginning," and all the other phrases uttered that back Disney's decision and attempt to lessen the huge blow that this actually is, so I decided to take a hiatus.

Now something good that came out of this situation was that I started to post on my old Splash Mountain Instagram account again and I joined the Save Splash Mountain group on Facebook. I had been hoping to find a group of people who shared my appreciation for the attraction for awhile, and while the circumstance might not have been ideal, I finally managed to find some friends. That's one thing I can be thankful for with this whole ordeal and I encourage Splash fans to join it, even if you think the effort to save it is hopeless.

I made a status update earlier today about how I wasn't sure if I wanted to be part of these forums anymore considering how many people here are backing Disney's stupid decision and acting like they're "right" for having that opinion. I also mentioned on the FB group about how most people here seem to have just accepted it, whether they agree with it or not. There are people on the group telling me I should stay and fight because my one voice speaking out against it is better than nothing, but I'm not going to lie, it's intimidating when it feels like nothing you say and nothing you do will make an impact.

At the moment, I just don't feel happy here and there seems to be a pessimistic vibe that I don't want to involve myself with. Should I ditch this place for other communities, or should I just stand my ground and not let the negativity get to me?
I want my two minutes back after reading this.
Let’s be clear: nothing you say and nothing you do will make an impact. Chat wherever it makes you happy. Don’t wherever it doesn’t. People are going to disagree with you on many topics. But I’m sorry, I can’t sympathize with anyone putting this much energy into this topic. Nobody is being wronged here. And if this is top of mind for you, count your blessings!

Archie123

I want my two minutes back after reading this.
Let’s be clear: nothing you say and nothing you do will make an impact. Chat wherever it makes you happy. Don’t wherever it doesn’t. People are going to disagree with you on many topics. But I’m sorry, I can’t sympathize with anyone putting this much energy into this topic. Nobody is being wronged here. And if this is top of mind for you, count your blessings!

I don’t want to minimize the OP’s feelings but at the end of the day it’s a ride. Nothing more and nothing less.

Kate F

Original Poster
@The Mom I would like to close this thread. I’ve made my decision and I don’t want anyone else to waste their time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom