Should I book a 1-on-1 Daddy/Daughter trip this upcoming August ?

SpykeYs

Hi,

I have booked a family vacation for the 5 of us (2 adults and 3 Childs (3, 5 and 10)) for March 2023. As with Covid and everything, I also wanted to take the opportunity to book a vacation 1-on-1 to do a Daddy/Daughters trip with my 10 years old. Does it sound like a crazy idea to book a Disney Trip with her this upcoming August ?

I could book a trip to visit NY, Boston, etc. but I can really see myself having a TON of fun with my 10 years old at WDW! Do you think 10 years old is the perfect age for that kind of trip or I should wait when she is 14-16 ?

Our family trip in March 2023 will be totally different as the focus will mostly be on the 3 and 5 years old.

Thoughts ?

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
If you can swing it sounds like an awesome plan! You already have a full family trip and plenty time to enjoy 1/1 time with the others. I think 8-12 is the most magical age range for WDW. Kids are just in awe, it’s so special. They’re old enough to do and appreciate most of the parks, yet still looking for parents to show them the way. Bonding with my son around that age in WDW was truly Magical.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Upside is the age is a wonderful age to do it. Once they get to the teens there’s attitude and other growing issues that can make it difficult to connect. Find about what attractions and shows will excite her and do some special add ons as well. With the other kids and added expenses of things which will get more life challenging so if you can swing it now do it.
Downside is the heat and humidity and higher crowd levels which can affect the trip.
Sure a Boston trip or NY trip can be just as exciting but if Disney is a destination you’d feel would be more memorable go for it. They only stay at a magical age so long and before you know it they’ve grown up and left home.
Have a great time together.

Upvote 0

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Thank you so much !

Last time we went to WDW (2018) my daugther was 6 years old and we had a blast. She is a huge Disney fan and not scare to do any rides. I am thinking we could perhaps also spend a day at Universal Studios.

My wife does not understand why I want to travel to WDW again when I could travel to so many other places in the world. As a teen, she used to travel to Boston, New York, California, etc. to visit while as I kid my parents brought me to Disney and I still have amazing memories.

I am thinking August 10-17 as the kids in FL will be back to school. Hopefully this will have a positive effect on the crowds. I really don't mind the August heat and humidity, this has never been an issue for me.

I am thinking of booking today... still need to be convinced I am doing the right thing though lol

Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Absolutely 100% without a doubt YES.

I took mine the week of Thanksgiving 2020 when she was almost 6, and it was amazing. That one-on-one time is something you'll never regret, and the fact that you have nobody else to please but her makes it incredibly special. And if it's a place you both love, just do it. You will have no regrets.

If that doesn't convince you, watch this:

Dadgum it just got really dusty in my office.

Edited to put a better version of the commercial in.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Thank you so much !

Last time we went to WDW (2018) my daugther was 6 years old and we had a blast. She is a huge Disney fan and not scare to do any rides. I am thinking we could perhaps also spend a day at Universal Studios.

My wife does not understand why I want to travel to WDW again when I could travel to so many other places in the world. As a teen, she used to travel to Boston, New York, California, etc. to visit while as I kid my parents brought me to Disney and I still have amazing memories.

I am thinking August 10-17 as the kids in FL will be back to school. Hopefully this will have a positive effect on the crowds. I really don't mind the August heat and humidity, this has never been an issue for me.

I am thinking of booking today... still need to be convinced I am doing the right thing though lol
Well that’s the difference between the teen years and where your daughter is at now. Boston & NY may not excite her with museums, historical sites and broadway plays as Disneys parks and entertainment that’s geared to her age. Every child is different but think about what will favor her personality and desires and how the two of you will best connect on each type of trip. My DS and I did and still do lots of things together and his most memorable fun times are our times at Dis and Uni. Mine too!!

Upvote 0

drod1985

Do it. When each of my brothers was born my Dad took me to Universal by myself for a day. I've never forgotten that. I've also carried on that tradition with my son, and the day we spent at the park together 1:1 is one of my favorite days in my entire life. I'll likely be doing it again in September.

Upvote 0

Eric Graham

Hi,

I have booked a family vacation for the 5 of us (2 adults and 3 Childs (3, 5 and 10)) for March 2023. As with Covid and everything, I also wanted to take the opportunity to book a vacation 1-on-1 to do a Daddy/Daughters trip with my 10 years old. Does it sound like a crazy idea to book a Disney Trip with her this upcoming August ?

I could book a trip to visit NY, Boston, etc. but I can really see myself having a TON of fun with my 10 years old at WDW! Do you think 10 years old is the perfect age for that kind of trip or I should wait when she is 14-16 ?

Our family trip in March 2023 will be totally different as the focus will mostly be on the 3 and 5 years old.

Thoughts ?
Disney is a wonderful place to take the children. I have nieces and nephews. Instead of August, I would go in September instead. Summer can be kind of crazy at Disney especially now. September and October are less crowded times of the year. Also, May is a good time to go. May be fun to go to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween event. A lot of times they have special characters that only show up at this event. You get to go trick or treating in the park and dance with characters. 10 years old would be a great age. You may want to check out Akeshus Royal Banquet Hall (Temporarily closed). You can have a meal with the princesses there. I would also check out the Crystal Palace. It's kind of fun with a meal with Winnie the Pooh and friends. Wonderful idea! If you do decide to stay on property a Disney Credit Card will give you 0% for 6 months on any Disney Trip. Hope y'all have a great time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom