Should I add Liberty Street to Main Street USA , with Hall of Presidents?

Should I add Liberty Street to Main Street USA, with Hall of Presidents

• Yes

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No, leave Hall of Presidents where it is.

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

KentB3

Original Poster
Recently, I checked out a book from my local library entitled Disneyland: Inside Story by Randy Bright. On the front and back inside covers is a cicra 1958 map of Disneyland, which includes a few proposed attractions such as the (then) proposed Matterhorn and New Orleans Square, as well as Liberty Street (which later turned into WDW's Liberty Square) which never was built.

Upon looking over my drawing of Main Street USA from my park, I noticed that the Hall of Presidents may not be in the best location. I really have no idea of the actual size of Hall of Presidents (entrance, theater, and show building), but it did appear quite large on the Magic Kingdom's maps. I was concerned that the Hall of Presidents show building may run into the stores on the upper right side of Main Street or run into Discoveryland (the lands in my park are a bit closer together and closer to the hub than WDW's MK). With that, I have been considering adding Liberty Street to my Main Street USA-- which will be a short street between Town Square and the lower right hand block of Main Street (opposite from the parade float storage area).

Unfortunately, I'm not sure whether adding Liberty Street will help or hurt my Main Street USA, either in terms of design or thematically. If you have read Disneyland: Inside Story before and seen the original plans for Liberty Street I mentioned about, it looked HIDEOUS! However, mine would only be a short block going from the top of Town Square to the right towards and below Discoveryland.

LMK what you think I should do about HoP and adding Liberty Street. Here is a URL to my Main Street USA map which should help you make your decisions.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=5860

The attractions are numbered as follows:

1.) Disneyland Railroad Station
2.) The Walt Disney Story
3.) Main Street Bank
4.) City Hall
5.) Fire Station
6.) The Emporium
7.) Crystal Palace Restaurant
8.) The Hall of Presidents
9.) Main Street Cinema
10.) Tony's Town Square Restaurant
11.) Penny Arcade
12.) The Disney Gallery
13.) Main Street Vehicles

I look forward to hearing from you! :)

KentB3

Original Poster
I've had this posted for almost 4 days, and so far, I only have 4 votes so far-- 2 votes for and 2 votes against. Please LMK what you think I should do by casting your votes! :)

KentB3

Original Poster
As of today, we now have 4 votes for and 4 votes against. If you haven't already voted in this poll and have an opinion on Liberty Street, please cast your vote here! :)

WDWparadetech1

Dont add Liberty Street its logistically impossible.

If you plan on having parades start and go through there, I warn you now your going to have major problems. It would have to be the same width has Main street. Plus it wouldnt be right if you added it. It would take away from the rest of the park.

KentB3

Original Poster
Dont add Liberty Street its logistically impossible.

If you plan on having parades start and go through there, I warn you now your going to have major problems. It would have to be the same width has Main street. Plus it wouldnt be right if you added it. It would take away from the rest of the park.

I never imagined in a million years that anyone would bring this 2 1/2 year-old thread out of retirement! However, I'm glad you did, as this propted some much needed revisions, as I am currently in the process of making my park maps more to scale. The best solution I came up with was to extend the length of Liberty Street, cut out all dead-ends (which cause major crowd-control problems! :brick:), and run the entire street behind the lower right-hand block of Main Street, connecting to Center Street to ensure the best possible guest traffic flow. Also, Center Street will be slanted upward like Disneyland's (in California) instead of downward like WDW's Center Street like mine was previously.

Thanks for pointing this out! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom