Should Disneyland create a ‘Disney Bubble’? - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Should Disneyland create a ‘Disney Bubble’? – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)

>>How could a Disneyland Bubble work?

Disney World fenced off the hotels and facilities used by the NBA players and staff. A similar perimeter could be set up around the Disneyland resort — including the theme parks, Downtown Disney, three Disney hotels and the parking structures. Access could be limited to only Disneyland visitors with advance reservations who tested negative for COVID-19. Disney could decide to admit daily visitors or limit bubble access solely to hotel guests.

Disney has already given considerable thought to the theme park bubble concept with the new Star Wars hotel under construction at Disney World. The Galactic Starcruiser will operate more like a cruise ship than a hotel — with visitors staying inside the immersive Star Wars bubble for two days and two nights.

A similar theme park bubble concept could work at the Disneyland resort — with visitors required to book a two-park, two-night stay in order to gain access to the Disneyland Bubble.

Would die-hard Disney fans go for such an idea? Would a Disneyland Bubble make financial sense for the theme park giant? Almost certainly — in both cases. Disney is acutely aware of pent-up visitor demand for Disneyland and the cost thresholds necessary for opening.<<

SuddenStorm

Should Disneyland create a ‘Disney Bubble’? – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)

>>How could a Disneyland Bubble work?

Disney World fenced off the hotels and facilities used by the NBA players and staff. A similar perimeter could be set up around the Disneyland resort — including the theme parks, Downtown Disney, three Disney hotels and the parking structures. Access could be limited to only Disneyland visitors with advance reservations who tested negative for COVID-19. Disney could decide to admit daily visitors or limit bubble access solely to hotel guests.

Disney has already given considerable thought to the theme park bubble concept with the new Star Wars hotel under construction at Disney World. The Galactic Starcruiser will operate more like a cruise ship than a hotel — with visitors staying inside the immersive Star Wars bubble for two days and two nights.

A similar theme park bubble concept could work at the Disneyland resort — with visitors required to book a two-park, two-night stay in order to gain access to the Disneyland Bubble.

Would die-hard Disney fans go for such an idea? Would a Disneyland Bubble make financial sense for the theme park giant? Almost certainly — in both cases. Disney is acutely aware of pent-up visitor demand for Disneyland and the cost thresholds necessary for opening.<<

At this point I'd give them my kidney if it meant I could get a whiff of the artificial candy scent they pump on Main Street...

But in all seriousness I'd be curious how the pricing structure for something like this would work. If it's at all reasonable, I'd consider it.

flutas

At this point I'd give them my kidney if it meant I could get a whiff of the artificial candy scent they pump on Main Street...

But in all seriousness I'd be curious how the pricing structure for something like this would work. If it's at all reasonable, I'd consider it.
I doubt it would be reasonable or even practical, a few costs would be.
  • Costs for testing XX number of guests per day
  • Costs for extra security to keep guests in the park area
Not to mention the so many questions that would effect this, such as off the top of my head.

Would CMs live inside the bubble? If not, then add testing for YY number of CMs every day.
Would DTD but shut down and only accessible for hotel guests? If not, hotel guests wouldn't be allowed to shop/dine at DTD. Also have to figure out how they would get to DLR/DCA, since the esplanade would need to be open for the east DTD entrance, and the backlot shop.

fctiger

Just keep the placed closed and locked up until a vaccine pulls through. The people of OC are too dumb/stubborn and won't comply with simple rules so it's just best to keep it all closed.

Sadly this. Again if the cases weren't rising, then you can at least have an argument. But the reality is things have just gotten way worse in California in the last month or so. And to be more honest, even if they did manage to open the parks earlier, they probably would've shut them down again by now. Instead of going through that drama, now that a vaccine is actually out there, it would make more sense to just start preparing the park to open when a good portion of the population starts to be vaccinated and go from there. And it probably doesn't have to be a high number but my guess at least 50% or when cases start to just fall at a more consistent rate. They may still be able to open by spring now.

October82

Aloha,
Case count is totally irrelevant.

What are you trying to say?

Sadly this. Again if the cases weren't rising, then you can at least have an argument. But the reality is things have just gotten way worse in California in the last month or so. And to be more honest, even if they did manage to open the parks earlier, they probably would've shut them down again by now. Instead of going through that drama, now that a vaccine is actually out there, it would make more sense to just start preparing the park to open when a good portion of the population starts to be vaccinated and go from there. And it probably doesn't have to be a high number but my guess at least 50% or when cases start to just fall at a more consistent rate. They may still be able to open by spring now.

You won't see case counts fall until you hit close to 60-70% of the population vaccinated. Until then, social distancing + mask wearing is more effective as a tool for controlling spread.

fctiger

What are you trying to say?

You won't see case counts fall until you hit close to 60-70% of the population vaccinated. Until then, social distancing + mask wearing is more effective as a tool for controlling spread.

Ok thanks! But yeah I was always assuming no matter what we will still be social distancing and wearing masks at least through to the fall of next year, vaccine or not.

But I also think the park can still open by the spring **IF** the hospilizations rates fall and the vaccine is employed to the general public by then. But it will still be a phased opening just like the other Disney parks are doing with smaller capacity, reservations, etc.

And of course the safest route would just be to allow people who can show proof of vaccinations to go, at least until it gets to the 70% range nation wide, but I just don't see Disney doing that for some reason. But that would probably just be the best option all around instead of creating some bubble for people who tested negative.

And it's just a lot easier to do something like that in Disneyworld since it's the size of a freaking city. And it's not like they are asking for negative tests before you enter the parks, so it's not a REAL bubble either.

Tamandua

Ok thanks! But yeah I was always assuming no matter what we will still be social distancing and wearing masks at least through to the fall of next year, vaccine or not.

But I also think the park can still open by the spring **IF** the hospilizations rates fall and the vaccine is employed to the general public by then. But it will still be a phased opening just like the other Disney parks are doing with smaller capacity, reservations, etc.

And of course the safest route would just be to allow people who can show proof of vaccinations to go, at least until it gets to the 70% range nation wide, but I just don't see Disney doing that for some reason. But that would probably just be the best option all around instead of creating some bubble for people who tested negative.

And it's just a lot easier to do something like that in Disneyworld since it's the size of a freaking city. And it's not like they are asking for negative tests before you enter the parks, so it's not a REAL bubble either.
Masks, distancing, shutdowns, lockdowns, stay at home orders... It's all working so well! What a joke. Proof of vaccinations? What about all the people who have immunity from recovered infections? We could open tomorrow and allow millions to go about their lives in California.

It's all so absolutely ridiculous. Obama, for his many faults, at least had the sense to understand what a losing battle is and not "shut the barn door after the horse got out." Let's see... 42,000+ new cases in California yesterday. 1,646,077 confirmed cases as of right now. Actual number of cases much, much higher.. Out of a population of 39,000,000. Yeah... All of the horses are out of the barn. Time to open up the barn again.

fctiger

Masks, distancing, shutdowns, lockdowns, stay at home orders... It's all working so well! What a joke. Proof of vaccinations? What about all the people who have immunity from recovered infections? We could open tomorrow and allow millions to go about their lives in California.

It's all so absolutely ridiculous. Obama, for his many faults, at least had the sense to understand what a losing battle is and not "shut the barn door after the horse got out." Let's see... 42,000+ new cases in California yesterday. 1,646,077 confirmed cases as of right now. Actual number of cases much, much higher.. Out of a population of 39,000,000. Yeah... All of the horses are out of the barn. Time to open up the barn again.

One of the reasons why I don't see them doing it. It would just be chaotic.

And its not a joke. If MORE people masked up, more lives will be saved. The issue is not everyone is doing it, hence more cases. They estimate only 50% of the country are wearing masks on a regular basis. That's the problem. We see it on the news over and over again of people out and about without wearing masks in public places. Even the Governor of California was caught without it at a dinner and that's shameful, even if it was a smaller event. No one should be excused.

Not sure how Obama dragged into this lol, so I'll leave the rest alone. But he wears a mask everywere too, that's setting the example!

rangerbob

Immunity from having it. The last thing that I heard it wasn't lasting that long. I know they are still trying to figure that out but I thought it was only a couple months at that most.

el_super

Criticism of the only plan available to combat this virus is not a plan in itself. You have no plan aside from denial.

Come up with a plan to fight the virus and then maybe we can talk, but until then, let the leaders actually lead.

I'm hoping more and more big names leave the state for greener grasses.

Me too. The sooner Texas turns blue, the better for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom