• Only the EPCOT Monorail line

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Are you out of your mind??

Votes: 150 62.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Exactly. They could put the parking lot in an appropriate spot for the park if they really wanted to, but they're intentionally throttling the experience of people who don't stay at those high end hotels in hopes that you'll stay at those hotels.

Where would they put the parking lot? There's the Seven Seas Lagoon in front, Contemporary to the right if you're facing the entrance, canals, fireworks platforms, around the remaining three sides of the park. They could possibly put some parking around Floridian way and Maple Road, and possibly some behind Space Mountain on the other side of World drive, but it's A. going to take away from the park view, B. take away from potential expansion areas, and C. not provide the amount of parking that they already have.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Exactly. They could put the parking lot in an appropriate spot for the park if they really wanted to, but they're intentionally throttling the experience of people who don't stay at those high end hotels in hopes that you'll stay at those hotels.

My god.. please just stop. You're applying 2018 realities to decisions made 45 years ago.

Disneyland's parking lot was literally right next to the gate... they learned from that lesson and instead wanted the park to be in isolation and have a reveal and build up.

Trackmaster

Ever heard of parking garages? You can fit a ton cars in a very small amount of space. Would fix the aesthetic eyesore or endless lots as well.

Disstevefan1

Not only should they keep the monorails, but they should expand them to each park with some transport hubs along the way for connections to hotels.

I don’t care how much it costs, you can’t tell me that it is so astronomically expensive to the point that it isn’t a wise long term investment.

Monorails are still unique and a symbols of the parks overall. But the bean counters are short sighted

Totally agree. Ah to dream... Legend has it there was a expansion planned just before 9/11 but the plans were trashed after the attacks..

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ever heard of parking garages? You can fit a ton cars in a very small amount of space. Would fix the aesthetic eyesore or endless lots as well.

Ever heard of $$$? Because parking garages eat it like crazy compared to open lots.

And again, you don't have much of a reveal if you are just right there.

I'm sorry you can't grasp why these elements add to what created the unique MK experience.

NickMaio

My god.. please just stop. You're applying 2018 realities to decisions made 45 years ago.

Disneyland's parking lot was literally right next to the gate... they learned from that lesson and instead wanted the park to be in isolation and have a reveal and build up.

I like the little journey to the MK - - - - It builds suspense and excitement with me and my family.
I am glad that parking is not right on top of the MK.

I will keep my WDW bubble the way it is - - - isolated ... thank you very much.....good day sir!

Trackmaster

Ever heard of $$$? Because parking garages eat it like crazy compared to open lots.

And again, you don't have much of a reveal if you are just right there.

I'm sorry you can't grasp why these elements add to what created the unique MK experience.

No need to be rude guys. I know my way around parks and I understand how they work. I've been to 21 different amusement parks/theme parks in 2018 alone (all real parks, no fairs or anything like that). Sometimes you trade off things like that for functionality. Also, one thing that you had forget to mention when you were up on your high horse is the Disney's desire to hide the ugliness of a parking lot from sight at the park. This is a common consideration at upper end parks. Us in the coaster community have a term -- "Parking lot coaster." As in a coaster where the park was too lazy to thoughtfully place it, and basically put it in the parking lot.

But either way. When I'm trying to bee-line it from work in Tampa to Disney to get some rides in, wasting a half hour from the parking gate to the entrance is not very welcome.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
No need to be rude guys. I know my way around parks and I understand how they work. I've been to 21 different amusement parks/theme parks in 2018 alone (all real parks, no fairs or anything like that). Sometimes you trade off things like that for functionality. Also, one thing that you had forget to mention when you were up on your high horse is the Disney's desire to hide the ugliness of a parking lot from sight at the park. This is a common consideration at upper end parks. Us in the coaster community have a term -- "Parking lot coaster." As in a coaster where the park was too lazy to thoughtfully place it, and basically put it in the parking lot.

But either way. When I'm trying to bee-line it from work in Tampa to Disney to get some rides in, wasting a half hour from the parking gate to the entrance is not very welcome.

You'll probably sit in traffic on i4 longer than it'll take you to get from your car to Peter Pan where you'll waste another 90 minutes waiting in line.

There are lots of valid things to complain about concerning WDW, but getting from the TTC to MK isn't really that big of a deal.

Disney.Mike

I'd like to so the Monorail expanded.... If not that then I'd like for each hotel to have a unique form of transportation to help alleviate the bus system.

TrojanUSC

Would love to hear who sold you that bridge...

Prob the same boat driver who told me Walt Disney personally put much of his southwestern collection in the Wilderness Lodge or that the wave machine on the lagoon was "fully operational" until that gator "showed up for dinner."

lazyboy97o

Except that it is a sink hole.

Nothing could be built on the swampland that occupied that specific area, so they dug it all out.
You are describing two different things. Soil that is poor for building is not a sink hole. Those stories of test boring’s disappearing into the muck aren’t describing sink holes. A sink hole involves a hole, so there would be no need to dig out a hole when one already exists.

Seven Seas Lagoon was also not a case of making the most out of a bad situation. It was part of the plan to build out the recreation facilities and is actually a cut to the bigger plan that included two man-made lakes.

Trackmaster

You'll probably sit in traffic on i4 longer than it'll take you to get from your car to Peter Pan where you'll waste another 90 minutes waiting in line.

There are lots of valid things to complain about concerning WDW, but getting from the TTC to MK isn't really that big of a deal.

Its not really a terrible situation. I still get my 3 FP+'s a day, and I can max that to more if I work the system. Crowds aren't as bad at night from M-F. Its just frustrating that the parks close so early. So the long trek to MK really cuts into my available time. But, the benefit of being close like this and having a season pass is that if the park is more crowded than expected, I can just use my FP+'s and leave early. In contrast, if I was a tourist, I'd be stuck with whatever date I picked and would have to suck it up and tough out the crowds.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Its not really a terrible situation. I still get my 3 FP+'s a day, and I can max that to more if I work the system. Crowds aren't as bad at night from M-F. Its just frustrating that the parks close so early. So the long trek to MK really cuts into my available time. But, the benefit of being close like this and having a season pass is that if the park is more crowded than expected, I can just use my FP+'s and leave early. In contrast, if I was a tourist, I'd be stuck with whatever date I picked and would have to suck it up and tough out the crowds.

I know the benefits, I'm only 30 minutes from the gates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom