Should Cars be Cancelled?

Californian Elitist

I’m currently in my second Masters program, studying English. I took an American literature course that was centered around African American literature. My professor was white. She studied African American literature and history for all of her degrees and was very knowledgeable of not only our history and literature, but the systematic problems the African American community continues to face.

I don’t believe people should have to only stick to their own culture and I believe people of other races and cultures can tell other stories, as long as they have the knowledge and consult people from the race/culture in which they are writing about.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

This would be more like the original AK safari with big red and the poachers
Whew! Hey! How about a scene of poachers stacking tusks to be loaded on a boat for transport down river for further movement to China! But! wait I thought this thread was about "Should cars be cancelled?" Interesting how things meander. On topic, cars should not even be looked at for any cancellation or modification for that matter. A story about motorized vehicles w personalities interacting and working their way through various situations. Entertaining and humorous.

CaptinEO

Original Poster
That's a joke, right ?

We can't be that dumb, can we?
This is exactly to avoid this kind of reactions that some attractions should not change.
In this case where do we put the limit of censorship?
In Pinnochio, children turned into donkeys are mistreated. Is there censorship?
The Queen of Hearts threatens a minor with death, do we censor?
If this mentality continues, in a few years, we will all end up like the humans in H.G. Wells' time machine. All illiterate and uncultured, because all famous authors will have been censored.

Without going into details. J.K. Rowling for example, who hasn't asked anything of anyone, gets lynched by a group of people because she doesn't think like them? I don't totally agree with her and I don't attack her for all that?

There is a real problem in our society today, as soon as we don't think like others, we are racist, grossophobic, homophobic.

I grew up very well with these so-called "racist" films, but that doesn't mean that I am racist. These decisions are just a big marketing campaign. The executives don't give a damn but it's a big ad for the company. The same goes for the Pride parties where their only goal is to resell rainbow products to couples who usually earn more than a straight couple. If gay people see this flag as a symbol of tolerance after years spent in the dark, they execs only want to print it on T-shirts or stuffed animals...
I completely agree. Disney doesnt make decisions for any "moral" standing, its for their own goals, sales goals.

EPCOTCenterLover

I’m currently in my second Masters program, studying English. I took an American literature course that was centered around African American literature. My professor was white. She studied African American literature and history for all of her degrees and was very knowledgeable of not only our history and literature, but the systematic problems the African American community continues to face.

I don’t people should only stick to their own culture and I also believe people of other races and cultures can tell other stories, as long as they have the knowledge and consult people from the race/culture in which they are writing about.
@raven24 - Thank you for your mindset on this topic. It will go a long way towards bringing greater understanding. Have you read Dr. John Perkins’ book “One Blood”? He grew up in a sharecroppers family in the 30s and is a highly respected Black civil rights advocate. I think you would love his approach. It’s excellent.

Sailor310

@raven24 - Thank you for your mindset on this topic. It will go a long way towards bringing greater understanding. Have you read Dr. John Perkins’ book “One Blood”? He grew up in a sharecroppers family in the 30s and is a highly respected Black civil rights advocate. I think you would love his approach. It’s excellent.
I spent a week many years ago with a team in Mississippi fixing up houses for needy folks as part of Dr Perkins' ministry. He came and had breakfast with us most days. He is a wonderful person. He was beat up, jailed, brother shot, and yet he's been a powerful voice for racial reconciliation for many years.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I have not read it, but I’ll look into it!

TP2000

Open discussion and disagreement can and should be had. Disagreeing does not equate to being against giving marginalized voices a chance to be heard.

You would think, wouldn't you?

But that's not always the case, not even here on a fun little message board about a closed theme park.

What I've learned is that if someone says they want to have a "discussion", that means they want you to shut up and stop asking difficult questions or presenting inconvenient truths. But since this is a discussion forum and not a mandatory HR training session, they don't have the ability to shut any of us up if we don't want to be shut up.

Funny how that works. :cool:

Last edited:

TP2000

I spent a week many years ago with a team in Mississippi fixing up houses for needy folks as part of Dr Perkins' ministry. He came and had breakfast with us most days. He is a wonderful person. He was beat up, jailed, brother shot, and yet he's been a powerful voice for racial reconciliation for many years.

I can't say I ever went all the way to Mississippi to fix up houses of poor folks, but I did do that sort of thing about 20 years ago here in OC. It was for a charity called "Paint Your Heart Out Anaheim" and it basically was a bunch of people who painted and repaired and fixed up the homes of old widows who had no ability and limited funds to maintain their aging homes.

One lady we helped in particular was fascinating. She was an older Latina who had worked for McDonnell-Douglas from the 1950's to the 1990's and then retired and lived in a tract home about a mile west of Disneyland. She had no college degree, but she worked her way into the engineering group and helped create the DC-10 that was built in Long Beach. The last thing she worked on was a circa 1990 project funded by the US Government to turn an aging DC-10 into an aerial eye hospital that flew to impoverished nations to help peasants and poor people regain their sight with simple operations (but operations that would be impossible in their poor countries).

It was one of those things that just made you swell with pride for being an American! And it's proof that charity can start right here at home, just a mile west of Disneyland. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom