Shore Opening at Disney Spring May 2016

spectromagic04

Original Poster
Not sure if this was announced, but according to this YouTuber that works at a Shore location in Sarasota. She just said that they will be opening a new store in May at Disney Springs. Anyone heard this?
Here is the video
Here is the website
http://shorebrand.com

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I just clicked on their men's section out of curiosity. Not sure why a pair of these should cost $145:

http://shorebrand.com/collections/men/products/charles-seersucker

Their clothing in general looks nice, but I have no idea how they can get away with those prices. Obviously, if they can expand their chain of stores, then someone is buying their stuff.

I've seen better legs on chickens. Those prices are in line with Neiman-Marcus for lines like Robert Graham , True Religion, Rag and Bone ... never heard of Shore (outside of Jersey Shore ;) )

Next Big Thing

What a lot of you may see as crazy prices many other will look at and see that it's worth it because of the quality. Shore has very high quality stuff. I don't personally shop there, but i've been through and if I had the excess money, I wouldn't mind shopping there. And i'm someone that spends a lot on clothes as it is for a male. I spend $70 on shirts pretty often, plus many other steeply priced things for my wardrobe. It really just depends on the person.

I work for theme park wages and afford these things (then again i'm single with no kids), so it's all how you want to budget your money and where you find worth.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What a lot of you may see as crazy prices many other will look at and see that it's worth it because of the quality. Shore has very high quality stuff. I don't personally shop there, but i've been through and if I had the excess money, I wouldn't mind shopping there. And i'm someone that spends a lot on clothes as it is for a male. I spend $70 on shirts pretty often, plus many other steeply priced things for my wardrobe. It really just depends on the person.

I work for theme park wages and afford these things (then again i'm single with no kids), so it's all how you want to budget your money and where you find worth.

Yep.

Shore, and a lot of the others opening at Disney Springs, aren't trying to compete with Old Navy. They are going upscale, quality over quantity. Some won't see the value in that, others will.

stevehousse

It is nice clothes don't get me wrong, I'm just surprised to see so many high end concepts going into Springs to begin with.

I like the concept but what does Disney gain by this? Are they charging exorbitant rent and don't care about the profits lost to these other companies? If I worked for Disney, I would see those 140 dollar pair of shorts as lost revenue to a family that could have spent that at a Disney owned restaurant, or 3 souvenirs, maybe an extra day of tickets at a park? And that's just on a single item of clothing. Someone buys an outfit from a place like that and it turn into a $3-400 dollar loss for Disney. That's 1-4 extra days in a Disney hotel.

Stitchon

It is nice clothes don't get me wrong, I'm just surprised to see so many high end concepts going into Springs to begin with.

I like the concept but what does Disney gain by this? Are they charging exorbitant rent and don't care about the profits lost to these other companies? If I worked for Disney, I would see those 140 dollar pair of shorts as lost revenue to a family that could have spent that at a Disney owned restaurant, or 3 souvenirs, maybe an extra day of tickets at a park? And that's just on a single item of clothing. Someone buys an outfit from a place like that and it turn into a $3-400 dollar loss for Disney. That's 1-4 extra days in a Disney hotel.

Isn't the goal of Disney Springs to keep guests and their money on property and away from Millenia/The Florida Mall/Premium Outlets? Not to mention there are certain people, the moneyed and the millennials, that are willing to splurge on something with a higher quality or a more prestigious brand than Disney.

Next Big Thing

The whole point of Disney Springs redevelopment was to add high end stores and restaurants. Disney is in no way losing money and it's keeping people on property for their shopping.

I think everyone concerned about "value shopping" forgets Disney is still developing The Flamingo Crossings project on the west border. Although it is moving slower than the DS transition it seems, eventually we will have another shopping/entertainment destination. They have two hotels being built (or might be open by now) and hopefully will start on the rest of the project soon! Additionally,Disney has bought more land and is planning to extend Western Way to Avalon Road. This from Disney after Marriott started their two hotels."Flamingo Crossings is a Disney master-planned, value-oriented tourist district that will combine third-party branded lodging, retail and dining. We are pleased that the project continues to move forward with interest from well-known brands and hotels."

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Remember there are guests with different price points, budgets, and realities. For some its not unusual to fly in, buy a wardrobe to wear and discard anything they don't particularly love at the end of the trip. Its not about making everything for the lowest common denominator, its about making enough varied things to appeal to different market segments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom