Shore Excursions n Port Adventures

Disney4allseasons

Original Poster
Hi guys as a Disney park fan I think it’s time to dip my toes into the world of Disney cruises. I was just wondering what shore excursions were like. Most of the time me and my family only have about 3 hours concentration max when doing a tour and a few experiences say they last up to 8 hours. Are they quite intense or is there a bit of wiggle room to take a rest if you’re getting a bit tired? I’m a Brit so would love to do the Northern capitals of Europe some time. Any advice would be awesome!

ChuckElias

Hi @Disney4allseasons , glad to have your toes in our forum :) This is an older thread, but it has a lot of good information in it and it will give you a good feel for the variety of excursions and the time required for them.

NelleBelle

We found that when we've cruised in the Caribbean that we are more comfortable doing our own shore excursions (but we've cruised before and are familiar and comfortable with booking excursions outside of DCL--way less $$ but you're definitely on your own if transportation issues arise). We've always booked with companies that guarantee to get you back to the port before the ship leaves.

But when we where in Europe, we did mainly DCL-led excursions as we felt more comfortable with Disney taking us places. When we went Seville, it was a 2-hr bus ride there and back and when we got to the city center, we were on our own. There are definitely excursion that are "part-day" and those that are "all-day" (very few are 8-hrs we've found and we are always looking for those 😉).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom