Shopping

tshenigo

I would like to know what are some of everyone's favorites purchases at WDW? We are going in two weeks and I have a 10 year daughter and 7 yr old son. Also, I would like to find a good cookbook from Epcot. I would like to hear everyone's ideas and and WHERE to find it.

Thanks
terri

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by tshenigo
I would like to know what are some of everyone's favorites purchases at WDW? We are going in two weeks and I have a 10 year daughter and 7 yr old son. Also, I would like to find a good cookbook from Epcot. I would like to hear everyone's ideas and and WHERE to find it.

Thanks
terri

Well I'm a fan favorite of the on ride photos. When They see me get on the ride there thinking thats 15 more bucks we sold. :)

Upvote 0

MOMBOOSA

I have 2 children, ages 9 and 12. My daughter loves the stuffed animals and my younger son likes the Indiana Jones items at MGM. I think the first time you go to Disney, everything that has a Mickey on it catches your eye. We loaded alot of "goodies" into our bags the first time. Now we are going again in 2 weeks and already the kids are discussing trading pins and wearables. I would be shocked if we don't have to hold a stuffed character on our laps on the plane ride home though. Enjoy and allow them to shop. My kids plan $250 for 5 days of Mickey.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

My personal fav was a piece of luggage I bought at the Emporium. Multicoloured so I never loose it in the airport.

Family favorites.

My Wife: A Celebration 2000 Glass Globe (musical)
Me: A 2001 - The Real Millenium Watch (323 of 2001 made)
My Son: 24 inch Mickey and Pluto Safari

Can't wait for 2002 trip!

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by tshenigo
Also, I would like to find a good cookbook from Epcot. I would like to hear everyone's ideas and and WHERE to find it.

Thanks
terri

You can find a cookbook at most resorts. It was at mine, in the gift shop this last weekend. It's not purely from epcot, but it has recipes from all of WDW.

My latest purchase at WDW was a polo shirt with the new sorcerer's hat logo on the front and the 100 year logo on the sleeve.

Upvote 0
Just hit Downtown Dinsey, I do it the first night I am there, and check everything out...whatever you do...I have learned this the very difficult way...if you see something you like---BUY IT--never hesitate, not to mention you may see something in one park, aka Epcot and not see it anywhere else on the property....I saw a slider pin of the Monorail from the Contemporary.....never could find it, bought it on Ebay!!! Also, the best sweet is WDW is the gold foil MINTS, not reg chocolate coin..but the gold ones that say mints and come in a net bag...they are the best!!!! They have been there a loooooong time and hope they never go...hope this helps.....

Upvote 0

Maria

Fro a cook book, you should try the kitchen store at Downtown Disney. It has a lot of stuff. Also the Disney Store there...

I don´t think I have a favorite... Maybe "Read and Write" and all the stuff you see there.

I personally loved going through the stores in the pavillions in Epcot... the moroccan one was one of my favorites, then the French one and the Japanese. I loved getting original things from those countries, more than Disney stuff... oops... hehe;) :)

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

You can shop at Disney?!? :veryconfu

My personal favorite items are the different Disney posters, movie cells, pewter figures, etc. for my home office. :D

Upvote 0

MarknSue

we alway take the view the best thing you'll buy is something to keep the smile on your face until your next visit. a sad Eeyore from our first visit will now probably always be our favorite, no matter how many times we go. if HE can bear the wait till our next trip, guess we can too!
MarknSue

Upvote 0

Scooter

Over the years, I have purchased a LOT of things at Walt Disney World shops. Some of my favorite things are Park CD's, Stuffed Characters, and pins.

However, my most favorite purchase of all is one I made the last time I went to the World. I saw it there every time I went but just couldn't justify paying that much money for one souvenir. Every time I came home from my vacation I got mad at myself for not buying it. But now...it is MINE!! I am a proud owner of the "PARTNERS" statue. It sits on a shelf here by my computer and I gaze at Walt and Mickey every day and it reminds me of all my wonderful trips to Disney World. Save your pennies boys and girls...and don't wait like I did to buy something you have always dreamed of owning...just DO it!!:)

Upvote 0

Tink

Scooter - Where did you buy the "Partners" statue in the World?

I like to buy watches. When I was there in August, I finally bought the Swiss Army Mickey watch. Everytime I check the time or the date, I think of Mickey!:D

Upvote 0

Scooter

Tink...

...I bought my Partners statue at Downtown Disney at the big Disney Store...World Of Disney I think it's called. They sell it at a lot of stores on Disney Property. Don't buy it at The Art of Disney Stores though. If you plan on having it shipped to your home it costs more there. I'm not sure why...more upscale store I guess. ::shrug:: :confused:

Upvote 0

tshenigo

Original Poster
I do that too. I always buy an ornament from everywhere we go on vacation. Actually, I buy two - each of my children get to pick one and then I date it. They always love decorating the tree and remembering all the fun places we have been. Where are the best places to my Christmas Ornaments at WDW?

Terri

Upvote 0

Camelot

I decided to stick with small purchases from each park that my Friends and I went to and made it a point to buy some refrigerator magnets, because they are small, easy to pack and a pleasant reminder of my vacation. T-shirts and coffee mugs, too.

Upvote 0

mandib

Well this isn't just one thing but the first time we went to Epcot we got a little something from every country! This past time that we went we got a flag from each country that had one (China didn't)! We also did the passport thing!

Upvote 0

tshenigo

Original Poster
I really like your ideas too. I didn't even think about refrigerator magnets and I need some new ones and a couple of mugs would also be nice. My kids would be interested in some flags, but their penpals are from New Zealand and Austrialia so I bet I can't find those. Thanks everyone for the great ideas.

Upvote 0

DanStat

Anything That Catches Your Eye

I got an excellent tip from "Ariel" once...buy anything that catches your eye...but that's bad for me because EVERYTHING catches my eye!

I love my DisneyQuest shot glass, and my "Four Parks, One World" die-cut notepaper. I also like my pins.

This year I want to start using my own money!:hurl:

Then I could get twice the stuff!

Upvote 0

mandib

I have one more thing that my mom bought @ WDW it is a Mickey Mouse holding a 2000 sign! We only saw it once @ MGM and had to buy it. The next day we came back to MGM it was gone! It's sitting in our living room right now!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom