Shipping Car to Florida

Amandapanda999

Original Poster
I am planning on doing the fall advantage of 2016. But i am having issue about my car. I live in califorina and I want to bring my car down to florida but i having trouble deciding if i should ship my car down or drive down. Has anybody shipped their car down with place that trusted. If so can you give me the website. THank you so much :)

Dasnowz

drive is not bad. we did it from Washington state dropped to California then cross to Florida in 5 days. With 2 cars and a 24 foot truck towing another car. with a cat and a dog. And kids. one in each vehicle. We did have alot of fun and see alot of sights. wish we had more time. but we had to get keys on this end. There is a ton to see. Cost was under $300 for the 4318 miles per car. the moving truck obviously was more. We stopped in vegas, new mexico someplace my daughter wanted and big texan in texas dallas for lunch with a friend and new orleans on the way. preorder a sun pass for your tolls in florida and it will save time . and you will need it on this end anyway.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Whenever I do a long drive, I add 55 cents per mile to the cost of the drive to factor in wear and tear. Then I determine it. That 4318 mile drive in my mind cost over 2 grand.

Amandapanda999

Original Poster
I hear you have to cautious when shipping a car. I would love to drive down to Florida but I am worried that my cat will crash down or something will go wrong with my car.

When I was a CP I remember people talking about taking the "auto train". Basically they load your car up in a cargo hold and you ride the train.
I know nothing about it myself but maybe that's enough to google it and find real information.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
When I was a CP I remember people talking about taking the "auto train". Basically they load your car up in a cargo hold and you ride the train.
I know nothing about it myself but maybe that's enough to google it and find real information.

It runs between Sanford, FL (30-60 minutes from WDW) and Lorton, VA (less than an hour from DC), and that's it.

It's only convenient if you're coming from the Northeast, few parts of the midwest, and Toronto/Montreal

Amandapanda999

Original Poster
Thank guys I have looked up about auto train and auto tran sadly there is no auto train in California that I can do which sucks. So it looks like I will be driving

Flurz

I just used this company called A1 Auto Trans out of Florida to ship to Texas. No probs with them and would use again. Check out their discounts to save some extra cash - they're already pretty cheap based on the other quotes I got.

Flurz

I just used this company called A1 Auto Trans out of Florida to ship to Texas. No probs with them and would use again. Check out their discounts to save some extra cash - they're already pretty cheap based on the other quotes I got.

Sorry I see this is from 2015 now. I was excited to answer since I just did it myself. Nm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom