Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas Check in

micknminnie

Original Poster
We are staying here for the first time in October. This will be our first time staying off property. I booked this resort after seeing it listed as a Good Neighbor Hotel and got a good rate by signing up with their rewards program. Anyway, I was reading reviews and seen a few that said check in takes a while (I'm not sure what a while means) and you will be haggled about buying into their timeshare. Has anyone had this experience? We are not interested in buying. We just want to go and relax and not be bothered. Can anyone with the check in process give me some info? Thanks.

some other guy

Can't speak for them in particular but in my experiences have the kids go somewhere else while you check in and after the third time they hassle you about a timeshare drop a low volume f bomb at them and make it clear the next one isn't going to be so low volume and they'll usually drop it pretty quick.

NickMaio

We are staying here for the first time in October. This will be our first time staying off property. I booked this resort after seeing it listed as a Good Neighbor Hotel and got a good rate by signing up with their rewards program. Anyway, I was reading reviews and seen a few that said check in takes a while (I'm not sure what a while means) and you will be haggled about buying into their timeshare. Has anyone had this experience? We are not interested in buying. We just want to go and relax and not be bothered. Can anyone with the check in process give me some info? Thanks.
Great place - we were there the end of Aug. Just let them know you have zero interest of buying or attending anything. They will leave you alone.
Have a blast - - they have a ton of pools and space to roam.
We had a two bedroom villa - lots of space for you and our two year old.

Skibum1970

How was your trip? Thinking about going there over Christmas break.

How was your stay or has anyone stayed here recently? I'm considering this resort as an answer to WDW's rising room prices.

Skibum1970

It's amazing we were there in 2019.
Loved every minute.
Tons of space ad things to do. Very close to the parks.

The things that jumped out from watching some room tours on YouTube were:

1. The rooms look very nice.
2. The grounds are expansive and pretty.
3. The cost is very nice. Probably 1/3, at least, that Disney charges for something similar.

We've been reluctant to leave "the bubble" but this is making me seriously consider it.

NickMaio

The things that jumped out from watching some room tours on YouTube were:

1. The rooms look very nice.
2. The grounds are expansive and pretty.
3. The cost is very nice. Probably 1/3, at least, that Disney charges for something similar.

We've been reluctant to leave "the bubble" but this is making me seriously consider it.
Leave the bubble.....you won't go back.
We didn't....That was 6 plus trips ago.
There are almost no perks to staying on WDW property now.
Once they got rid of the Magical express and started charging for parking, that was the final nail in the WDW resort coffin for us. No magic night hours, unless you are deluxe. WDW is making it very clear who they want to prioritize.

The service location and things to do are top notch. It's my wife's favorite resort.....and we have stayed in 15 plus different resorts in kississime and Orlando.

Seriously go. You won't be disappointed.
We might go Sept 2022 for our little guys 5th bday. Guess where we will be staying for 2 weeks?

Skibum1970

Leave the bubble.....you won't go back.
We didn't....That was 6 plus trips ago.
There are almost no perks to staying on WDW property now.
Once they got rid of the Magical express and started charging for parking, that was the final nail in the WDW resort coffin for us. No magic night hours, unless you are deluxe. WDW is making it very clear who they want to prioritize.

The service location and things to do are top notch. It's my wife's favorite resort.....and we have stayed in 15 plus different resorts in kississime and Orlando.

Seriously go. You won't be disappointed.
We might go Sept 2022 for our little guys 5th bday. Guess where we will be staying for 2 weeks?
You just nailed all the points as to why we are considering this resort. I also can't argue against saving several hundred dollars each trip which can be better spent or saved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom