She-Hulk (Marvel Disney+ Series)

NateD1226

Original Poster
She-Hulk is a new, upcoming Marvel Disney+ series. It will have 10 half-hour episodes and is described as a legal comedy. It stars Tatiana Maslany as the title role.

1615497735664.png

Fiege confirms that She-Hulk will start filming in the coming weeks

NateD1226

Original Poster
Just like the Namor casting, this isn’t confirmed by the big trades yet. Take it with a grain of salt.

Variety and The Hollywood Reporter have both confirmed the report!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Before I post some of the reports coming out about this show, I want to say to take this with a grain of salt because none of this is confirmed by the trades.

So a few days ago, Everything Always (who I don't think is reliable) made a report that Megan Thee Stallion would be playing herself in a few episodes of She-Hulk. I didn't post anything about it because the source was questionable.

Then yesterday, The Direct (which is a bit more reliable but not like a trade in any way) confirmed that She-Hulk would break the fourth wall in the series just like she does in some of the comics. And while they didn't confirm Megan Thee Stallion, they hinted at real-life celebrities showing up in the series.

According to The Direct's sources, Marvel Studios' She-Hulk series will feature many instances of Jennifer Walters breaking the fourth wall as she does in the comics. Specifically, throughout her Disney+ show, Walters will acknowledge that she's a character within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Disney and Marvel have yet to confirm this rumored plot convention.

The super-powered Walters will also have multiple interactions with real-world celebrities in her ten-episode series, paving the way for surprising cameos.

Again, this is just a rumor as of right now, and nothing has been confirmed by the trades. It's interesting though so I thought I would share.

jpinkc

Now dont get me wrong, loved her in Orphan Black. But I just dont see She Hulk. I think they might have missed with this casting. Hope I am wrong, but maybe we wont be seeing She Hulk much. I just dont know.

jpinkc

Ruffalo is 5'7" - 5'8" but he's able to play a giant green monster. I don't see an issue here when they can CGI her to any size.
Yeah and Bruce Banner has always been described similarly in the comics so no stretch. Jennifer was a tall thin awkward woman with appearance issues (to herself) and very insecure. In the artwork she was described as such, when in reality she was not. Its kinda wierd but I know quite a few people like that in real life. Thats all I am saying. I love Maslany, as an actress she was a tour de force in Orphan Black. But just not sure about She-Hulk, but I think it would be a challenge for anyone to pull off, if they went by her comics representation.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Howard appears to have a part to play in She-Hulk -

DCBaker

Premium Member
“In a recent update to the United Kingdom’s official website for Disney+, it was revealed that the series is being targeted for a late summer release. More specifically, the company plans to release the series August 17th.

Aside from this coming from an official Disney site, the date is actually a Wednesday so it lines with up perfectly with the streamer’s release model for its bigger projects.

Now, is there a chance this could be wrong? Absolutely. Nothing is set in stone until Disney announces it officially. However, it’s equally possible that someone at the company jumped the gun by making this info available to the public much sooner than the company wanted it out.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
“In a recent update to the United Kingdom’s official website for Disney+, it was revealed that the series is being targeted for a late summer release. More specifically, the company plans to release the series August 17th.

Aside from this coming from an official Disney site, the date is actually a Wednesday so it lines with up perfectly with the streamer’s release model for its bigger projects.

Now, is there a chance this could be wrong? Absolutely. Nothing is set in stone until Disney announces it officially. However, it’s equally possible that someone at the company jumped the gun by making this info available to the public much sooner than the company wanted it out.”

A four week gap between Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk also seems right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom