Share Your Magical Moments! Let's Spread Some Joy

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Have you ever had a magical moment at WDW or Disneyland? They can be super special and are completely unexpected. I think sharing moments like this could be a good positive story time we could all use right now.

I was too young to 100% remember when we received a magical moment with my mom but I do vaguely remember it. So most of this is from my mother's perspective.

My mom took my brother (age 4/5) and me (age 9) to WDW as a single mom. I believe this was around 2001/2002. At this point you could leave your credit card on file with the hotel and you could charge items in the park to your room and my mom set everything up so she could do that. We were at MK and it started to pour down rain. So my mom decided to hold out the rain in a gift shop and let us pick out our trip souvenirs. I got some of those colored rocks in a little pouch, my brother got some other toy, and all three of us got sweaters. When we went to ring up there was a problem. Apparently someone at the hotel didn't finish setting up the credit card to the room so we could charge in the park. The retail cast member didn't want us (the kids) to get upset about not getting our toys. So she talked to her manager. They decided to do a magical moment for us and gave us the entire order for free. Literally all of it. Even back then that was still well over $100 worth of merchandise. My mom says she cried but she must have hide it well from us because I don't remember that part or us not having to pay.

What is a magical moment you experienced?

belledream

That's so nice and such a kind gesture! I got free ice cream to put on top of my funnel cake once... :hilarious: So not particularly gifted in the extra-monetary-pixie-dust department, but hey, it made my evening and my tummy was happy.

But to share a story... I lost an autograph book as a kid and I was so upset. That thing was like my diary... or cell phone. My parents bought another one, forged all the signatures, and I was mildly appeased. But a few weeks after our vacation, I received a surprise package in the mail: someone had found and mailed me my autograph book! After all these years, I think back on this a lot. It's just comforting to know that there are good people in this world.

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
That's so nice and such a kind gesture! I got free ice cream to put on top of my funnel cake once... :hilarious: So not particularly gifted in the extra-monetary-pixie-dust department, but hey, it made my evening and my tummy was happy.

But to share a story... I lost an autograph book as a kid and I was so upset. That thing was like my diary... or cell phone. My parents bought another one, forged all the signatures, and I was mildly appeased. But a few weeks after our vacation, I received a surprise package in the mail: someone had found and mailed me my autograph book! After all these years, I think back on this a lot. It's just comforting to know that there are good people in this world.

I love that! It's so sweet the strangers mailed you the autograph book ❤

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom