Share a taxi to church on Dec 2?

imamouse

Is anyone interested in sharing a taxi from WL to Mary Queen of the Universe on Sunday, Dec 2? I'm thinking about the 7:30 am mass, but would consider the 9:30 am mass. There are two in my party.

Kristamouse

Imamouse, I have been to mass there many times on Vacation and it is nice. People give us a hard time about going to church on Vacation but if you can't make time on vacation even in WDW when can you. What better plave to give thanks for you great trip and safe arrival. Anyway, kudos to you for going and it is the first Sunday in Advent.

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

Imamouse, I have been to mass there many times on Vacation and it is nice. People give us a hard time about going to church on Vacation but if you can't make time on vacation even in WDW when can you. What better plave to give thanks for you great trip and safe arrival. Anyway, kudos to you for going and it is the first Sunday in Advent.

Back when I went to archery tournaments they had someone do a small service before shooting started on Sunday. It was non-denominational but it was the thought that counts. My Dad used to always insist we made sure my little sister was taken to Mass if we had her on Sundays.

Now if they had something like that in MK..... :D

Upvote 0

imamouse

Original Poster
A Catholic mass used to be provided on the beach of the Poly (for years), but not anymore. I think that's the origin of Mary Queen of the Universe – it started as the WDW ministry. It's a beautiful church and I took my mom there one Mother's Day and they had huge bowls containing thousands of every color rose. It was amazing! I am looking forward to seeing how many poinsettias they display.

WDW still puts together both a Catholic mass and a non-denominational service at the Contemporary in the ballrooms for Easter Sunday.

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

A Catholic mass used to be provided on the beach of the Poly (for years), but not anymore. I think that's the origin of Mary Queen of the Universe – it started as the WDW ministry. It's a beautiful church and I took my mom there one Mother's Day and they had huge bowls containing thousands of every color rose. It was amazing! I am looking forward to seeing how many poinsettias they display.

WDW still puts together both a Catholic mass and a non-denominational service at the Contemporary in the ballrooms for Easter Sunday.

The mass on the beach sounds beautiful. It is good that they still do hold mass and service for people. I had no idea that they did that! I found the Church on the internet and it looks like they have a Christmas display in their museum with Christmas customs from around the World. It still is an odd name. I thought at first you were referring to Church of the Universe. We have one of those near where I live. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

imamouse

Original Poster

Thank you understanding and for the props. I enjoy visiting other Catholic churches while on vacation - it's part of the experience. And of course we can't miss the first Sunday in Advent.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Hey IMAMOUSE! :wave:

We might be up for that! Which resort are you staying at? We'll be at POP Century.

Just wondering if it would work logistically?

Let us know!

Thanks for the offer!

:wave:

Upvote 0

imamouse

Original Poster
Hi Brer Stitch - We'll be at the Wilderness Lodge, so I'm not sure how that would work. Any ideas? I've checked and the taxi is about $25 each way, so it would be great to be able to share the cost.

Upvote 0

smk

We will be there at FW, not up for 730 or 930 mass tho. Do you know the Sunday Mass times? Or the Saturday Mass times? Saturday evening may be better, sleeping in on Sunday sounds very tempting! I have gone Christmas Mass at the Poly, not that long ago, maybe 1999? When did they stop Sunday services there?

Upvote 0

mrerk

Premium Member
The weekly services ended sometime in 2002. They were held at Luau Cove at the Poly.

They did hold an Easter Mass this year at the Contemporary. I don't know if they will do a Christmas Mass as well.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Original Poster
We will be there at FW, not up for 730 or 930 mass tho. Do you know the Sunday Mass times? Or the Saturday Mass times? Saturday evening may be better, sleeping in on Sunday sounds very tempting! I have gone Christmas Mass at the Poly, not that long ago, maybe 1999? When did they stop Sunday services there?

I wish we could go to the Saturday Vigil, but we have plans that the evening. As much as I'd prefer to go to the 7:30 am, my guess is that mom is going to hold out for the 9:30 am. Let me know if you change your mind.

Upvote 0
Have you called the church to see if any of the parishoners, or regular attendees might come by to pick you up? Let me know if they would too.
The only regulars that I've ever seen at Mary QotU are the volunteer ushers, Eucharistic Ministers, etc... Many of those faces are familar to me when we attend each summer. It's not a typical parish with local attendees. The church was specifically built to handle traveling tourists in the central Florida area. Judging by the attendance each week and the cabs that are lined up to drop off and pick up, the huge space is needed for traveling Catholics.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom