Sharaton Vistana Resort

BRER STITCH

Hi CUPCAKE! :wave:

The Vistana is a really nice looking place with beautiful grounds and lots of amenities!

Your room can be nice, too, if you get lucky and get put into a newer section!

My impression of it was ruined, however, by the hard sell tactics they use to push their time share units! It was a quite uncomfortable 2 hours with very pushy salespeople. I have heard that they recently toned down their tactics and that it is not mandatory for everyone, but somehow we got caught up in it one morning.

The place lost a LOT of its glitter because of that, and I can not recommend it to others.

Reviews around the web generally give it about 3 out of 5 stars and the biggest complaints seem to be the poor bus service to WDW and the chance of getting an old smelly room instead of a new one.

Check them out here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Resort_Lake_Buena_Vista-Orlando_Florida.html

Hopefully someone who stayed there more recently will chime in with some info soon!

Good Luck!

:)

cikacz1981

I just booked a trip to go there in July. I hope that it has improved from what you've described. Do you think we would be better off renting a car rather than wait for the busses? Hope to hear from someone.

57 more days:sohappy:

TwoTigersMom

We stayed there in December last year. DH is a Starwood member so they sent us a postcard that said we could have 4 nights & 5 days there for $169. I knew it was a timeshare so I called, because even so that was too good of a deal to pass up. The lady told me that I would also get $100 cash back when I checked in. So that made it $69 for 4n/5d + $31 for tax and housekeeping. Unbelievable! So I asked her how long the presentation would last so we could plan around that. She said I didn't have to attend any presentation! Bingo, magic words, booked right then. We arrived and I went in to check in. A gentleman showed me to his desk (I was thinkin oh man here we go!). He showed me maps of the area and showed me where our room was located as well as all the amminities. He also told me I could buy our tickets from there too. Then he asked how many kids were with us and he handed me 2 gift bags for them and a whole roll of stickers of Mickey and friends. Then he gave me our keys and a voucher for the $100 and showed me where to cash it in. Then he said they had a wonderful buffet breakfast that was free, when would we want to go? I told him that we were not interested at that time. He said Ok and said just to call him if we decided to go. I got the voucher cashed and we were off to our room. We got a 1 br studio. It had a liv/din/kitchen combo. It was not the nicest place we've stayed, but it wasn't the worst by anymeans. We had a great view and we could even see the fireworks from one of the Disney parks from our balcony. The guy called a couple of times but we just told him no. We enjoyed our stay there and we'd go back again if we got a good deal. Even if it wasn't quite as good as the last one.

ILUVTHEMOUSE

cikacz1981 said:
I just booked a trip to go there in July. I hope that it has improved from what you've described. Do you think we would be better off renting a car rather than wait for the busses? Hope to hear from someone.

57 more days:sohappy:

Yes, you should rent a car. My DH and I do not own at this resort but we own at another offsite timeshare resort. We always rent a car. I would not recommend relying on the transportation offered at a non-Disney resort. Our resort also offers transportation to the parks but they do not run the shuttles ongoing like Disney. Enjoy your trip!

35 days :sohappy:

ObsessedWithWDW

do not wait for buses because you have to go all teh way to the place were you check in and there are two sections and its a FAR walk if you aren't staying near this building! The buses don't come alot and its just stressful... I would recommend renting a car

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom