Shanghai looks boring

LaughingGravy

Original Poster
So my brother said he was going to Shanghai Disneyland. We know they have an awesome PotC as well as the Tron ride. I'm not going, so I figured I'd hook with youtube and find out what the rest of the park is like.
I did a search for a walking tour of the park ( easy right?) Easy to find, for sure. There's a nice 85 min. one by 360 SoCal Attractions.

Have you ever lamented on how far things are away from each other at Epcot at some points? Multiply that by 3 or 4 times for SD. Wow! I ran it at 2X speed and it was exhausting to watch. Their castle is just weird and there are a lot of paths to nowhere that take along time to confirm they are to nowhere. There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of anything besides the major attractions and it even looks very six-flags (yeah, I know..right?) for a lot of it.

epcotisbest

That's awesome that you can judge a theme park solely based on YouTube walkthroughs.

Yeah, and now, no reason to go at all. Think of all the money saved! I was going to grill some steaks, bake some potatoes and have a big ole salad to go with it. Think if I look at some youtube videos of grilling I will no longer be hungry? Worth a try. Hey, I might be on to something. The youtube diet.

No Name

Yes, it's by far the largest castle park. It doesn't have the same magical feel that Magic Kingdom has. And it's riddled with design flaws. But despite all that, it's a great place.

Not saying you're right or wrong, just think you should visit first.

Travel Junkie

I would not call Shanghai boring. The park is massive. As expansions fill in and foliage matures it will feel more complete. Right now it just feels like a work in progress with all of the empty space. It will never have the intimate feeling of a Disneyland or Hong Kong DL, but it should improve in time.

SDL does have some great shows and attractions, which is another thing you can't appreciate from a video.

TROR

Shanghai Disneyland really only has three attraction that stick out to me and that's Screens of the Caribbean, Grizzly River Run but with an animatronic, and TRON Mountain: Not a Dueling Coaster.

Beautiful castle but they should've focused more on expanding Hong Kong before going into Shanghai.

GiveMeTheMusic

Shanghai Disneyland really only has three attraction that stick out to me and that's Screens of the Caribbean, Grizzly River Run but with an animatronic, and TRON Mountain: Not a Dueling Coaster.

Beautiful castle but they should've focused more on expanding Hong Kong before going into Shanghai.

Have you been?

HK and Shanghai are completely different markets serving different populations. China has more than enough people to support both resorts. HK needs more for sure, but it will never be enough for the Chinese market as a whole, hence Shanghai.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom