Shanghai Disneyland is official..concept art

Lee

Adventurer
I'm keen to see the attraction lineup.

From the art, it looks like the "Pirate mountain" concept from Hong Kong may have made the cut.
Can't tell about Tomorrowland on the other side. The art I have shows an indoor Tron coaster, instead of Space Mtn., but this art looks to have a dome of some sort.
The Everest expansion isn't shown, so it may indeed be only a futere expansion plan.
No Main St., as expected. I've heard the entry was Fantasia-ish. Looks like that was fairly accurate.
I heard Frontierland was cut. Can't be sure from the art, but I don't think I see it.

:shrug:

Wilt Dasney

Is this the first time the company has officially acknowledged the park? I know there were some groundbreaking announcements and opening date projections posted here, but it seems like those came from the Chinese media without any input from Disney.

cheezbat

I wanna see more concept art...and some named attractions that will be there on opening day. Looks good, though I'm really not thrilled about another Cinderella style castle. If we gotta copy one for this park, why can't it be more like the one in Paris? Magic Kingdom already has a clone in Tokyo, and Disneyland already has a clone in Hong Kong. Cloning Paris's over ours makes more sense.

nemofinder22

Theres now a website for Shanghai Disney Resort. It also has another piece of concept art for the castle, which looks to be a very unique castle.
http://en.shanghaidisneyresort.com.cn/en/

Guess the name of the castle is Storybook Castle
http://en.shanghaidisneyresort.com.cn/en/about/parks/
At the heart of the park will be Storybook Castle, the most interactive Disney castle yet, complete with entertainment, dining and performance spaces. It will truly be an attraction unto itself.

InsidetheMagic has another piece of concept art of the castle.
Picture-http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/04/1_VID.jpg

Article-http://www./2011/04/disney-holds-gr...-offers-first-look-at-new-castle-concept-art/

Crazy Harry

I'm keen to see the attraction lineup.

From the art, it looks like the "Pirate mountain" concept from Hong Kong may have made the cut.
Can't tell about Tomorrowland on the other side. The art I have shows an indoor Tron coaster, instead of Space Mtn., but this art looks to have a dome of some sort.
The Everest expansion isn't shown, so it may indeed be only a futere expansion plan.
No Main St., as expected. I've heard the entry was Fantasia-ish. Looks like that was fairly accurate.
I heard Frontierland was cut. Can't be sure from the art, but I don't think I see it.

:shrug:

Hey Lee, any insight on the rest of the concept art, if you can say. The right side of the park appears very intriging to me. I have a feeling that this portion of the park will be dominated by mostly new experiences (although that could probally be said for most of the park). I see what looks like the pirates ride, and two other large show buildings I am currently unable to identify.

I also notice a few buildings at the front of the park which I wonder about. Are these "fantasia-ish" buildings?

Any additional info would be great. I've been dying for more info, and I have a feeling I will be dying a little while longer.

juan

Hey Lee, any insight on the rest of the concept art, if you can say. The right side of the park appears very intriging to me. I have a feeling that this portion of the park will be dominated by mostly new experiences (although that could probally be said for most of the park). I see what looks like the pirates ride, and two other large show buildings I am currently unable to identify.

I also notice a few buildings at the front of the park which I wonder about. Are these "fantasia-ish" buildings?

Any additional info would be great. I've been dying for more info, and I have a feeling I will be dying a little while longer.

-right side is adventureland, left side is tomorrowland (but may not be built at opening)

-someone's thinking ;) ;) ;)

cheezbat

hmm...some of the newer artwork for the castle looks more interesting. I'm curious as to what they mean by the castle being more interactive...
Also, honestly, I wish they would make the turrets on the castle red or something. It just seems like it would significantly differenciate their castle from the others then...and red just seems like a more fitting color in Shanghai.

Crazy Harry

-right side is adventureland, left side is tomorrowland (but may not be built at opening)

Well yes, I figured that adventure land was to the right and tomorrowland is to the left, I figured that went without saying :). However, there are questions which come up from this. I'm privey to the rumors that have gone around so I am using those to form my theories. Saying that, the question becomes exactly what theme(s) are the adventure land and tomorrowland style lands, considering the park is reported to be so different than the existing parks? And exactly how are the lands divided? Is it basically three lands with adventure, tomorrow, and fantasy but with several sublands in each or are there more divisions? For example, adventureland looks very large with three major attractions if that is indeed all one land, so it is likely broken up somehow if that is the case.

In adventueland, am I seeing mostly water? This reminds me of concept art I have seen of a fire mountain like attraction with a volcano and buildings (anchient ruins?) across a lagoon. And I am assuming the smaller attraction between the two larger show buildings is pirates when comparing the shape of the facade to the art I've seen, but if this is true, it really has me wondering what those two larger show buildings are :confused: The lower show building looks to have a very rocky facade. If I had to guess I would say adventure is broken in atleast two areas with the lower either being a tropical setting with a jungle cruise type ride, and a rollercoaster thrill attraction like fire mountain, or more of a bayou type area as rumored. And that large building to the top of adventure really has me wondering :confused:. There is certainly a lot of facade work and one big show building.

My guess with tomorrwland is that the big bubble is a marvel attraction although I REALLY REALLY hope Tron is still in the mix :cry:

Any directional comments are welcome :animwink:

Lee

Adventurer
The right (east) side is going to be cool.
It contains sort of an Adventureland/Frontierland hybrid (so I hear). Pirate Mountain is clearly there, as well as a show building with a temple. Indy, maybe?

I believe they are, if they are indeed sticking with that idea. I hear the Fantasyland won't have the same vibe as any other MK style park, likely meaning no "village" theme.

Say what now?:eek:
That, I haven't heard....

Someone? I know I am....

cheezbat

I think the flip-flopping of the lands is totally crazy...and awesome! Very different!

I heard that the park itself is supposed to be around 225 acres. Does anybody know if that's true? If so, thats about double the size of the Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland and more than double the size of Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland! Talk about a HUGE DL Park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom